On the Fourth Day of Cutemas,

My true lof gave to me: Four snoring birds!

40 Winks x 4
Tie-tie times four, Joey R.

Comments

1. Christmas performance by a local wing quartet. Appearing at the local owl-let mall, of course.

2. major honk shooing going on there! I can even hear Mr. PointyEars let out a little *snarrrfff bebebebe*

owls always look so animatronic to me. no less cute though :)

3. Oh the squinty eyes!! The fluffy tums!!!

4. kibblenibble says:

I like the leetle parenthesis around the eyes. The one on the left is only pretending to be asleep. See how he/she is standing on both feet? The others are standing on one foot, which is how birdies rest ther feet after perching all day. :-)

5. AdOWLable!
    Four owlling birds, three flying skwerls, two packed pups, and a kitteh paw in nativity . . .

6. ZeppthePug says:

160 winks! 20 winks per eyeball!

7. Check them out as four wiiiiiiide awake birds!

8. cellarmouse says:

looks like li’l mcgrumperson on the left is mad at the rest of the family…

9. does it faintly look like they are all grinning?

& i see there is a bit of space in between just for me to perch on the left!!

10. Fird Birfle says:

*wild approving applause*

11. Fird Birfle says:

*pouts, immaturely,
    b/c there is neither a “Sleppy” Tag NOR even a “matchingks” Tag. :(

12. Owl be home for Cutemas…..

13. I am entranced by the fluffy owlet bellies…so different from kitten/puppy/kit/hedgie etc. bellies, yet still all but yelling, “SNORGLE ME!”

14. Fird Birfle says:

Agreed about les parenthesis.

However: YA CALL THAT resting on their feet???
    After perching all day, they then put all their weight on ONE footsie???

I DON”T wanna be a boidie, that’s fer shur.

….But them air sum kyoot boidies :)

15. Fird Birfle says:

16. Fird Birfle says:

“Yule” can count on mmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee….

17. Is there a bird cuter than an owl? I think not.

18. So it’s another Nativity scene! With TWO baby Jesuses! (Baby Jesusii ?)

19. C’mon, peeps (snerk)! Chanpon has thrown down the gauntlet … let’s see links to CUTER BIRDS THAN OWLS. Go!

20. kibblenibble says:

FB: I know! It’s weird, huh? But that’s how they rest their tootsies! :-)

21. Oh man, what was that parrot’s name? … You’re so Cuuuuuuuute!

22. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

That parrot is Marnie! PEEEEEEEEEEK-a-boo!

23. Woot!

24. Submits Oakley for pun sainthood!

25. Ok, so, I literally looked back at all four posts with this tag and *sang* it! Can’t wait for the rest! I will sing them all!!!

26. Wheeeeeeee! Thank you, Mike! :)

27. Me too! I was so glad to see a tag so that they’re all in one place!

28. “FINE!” “FINE!” :P

29. YOU’RE SO CUTE!

30. “What’s wrong?”
    “NOTHING!!!”

31. These owls make perfect holiday decorations as they appear to have built-in tinsel on their breasts.

32. Huh. I was pretty sure that last word would put me in the lounge, and I was already looking forward to a nice Irish coffee. Go figure.

33. I feel as though there is some sort of slapstick weight-changing-on-the-seesaw gag about to happen in this picture, and one or more owls is about to get bounced into the air.

34. Just hope s/he doesn’t get so mad s/he slams a door on hir wing! (‘Cuz it bloody well hurts!)

35. it’s saucy vegetables (e.g., cu***ber) or nothin’ what gets ya into the mod lounge

36. Mary (the first) says:

Good one!!

37. Mary (the first) says:

“please have snow and rested toes… and mousies on the treeeeeee”

38. Mary (the first) says:

Yes! My first thought! “want to plunge my face into owl tummy!” and yet I’m pretty sure that would not be a good idea….

39. May I submit…

or, even better,

?

PD Excuse moi for the links, as I don’t know how to embed pixs… :(

PPD Which is not to say the Owley-McGrumperson family and Marnie VonCutester are not the epitome of fine feathered cute – I just think there are other specimens out there who deserve recognition for their contribution to Boid Qtedom…

40. You’ve slammed a door on your wing before, victoreia?

41. Probably not if you value your eyes.

42. I know the tried-and-true passwords for when I want a guaranteed trip to the lounge; but I also like to test the machine….

43. Kari Callin says:

“What is that large glowing orb in the sky?! It’s blinding me!”
    “I can’t tell! What about you, Bob? Take a peek and tell us!”
    “Why ME?!?….You do it, Ted!”
    “NO!”
    “Chicken!”
    “HEY! No reason to be insulting!!!”

44. Have you tried Roger Miller? That got me in X2–(let’s see if we can make it #3). Ready, set, gooooooooooo……

45. Hah! Now what is it about R*ger M*ller that would punt one straight to the Mod Lounge?? Does he eat cu***bers in his salad??? BTW, where are the rum balls and the Bailey’s? Eggnog, anyone?

46. bob drummond says:

Very funny guys !!!

47. I think it’s because his first name is slang for, um, well, a certain act.

48. Hah! Excellent point about the animatronicity!! You’re completely right, of course. *gears clicking, music resuming* “Eeeet’s a small world, aaaafter all….!”

49. My take: As they appear there, standing in the photo, I seem to visualize them standing guard before a portal, waiting for someone to give them the right password….
    ( “But”, one of them cautions anyone approaching & wishing to enter:
    “Two of us lie, and two of us tell the truth!” )
    Then all four gate-keepers fall asleep, on the job….. :lol:
    Hmmmm; mebbe we should go back to playing Monopoly

50. Oh, right! Sometimes I am sooooo naive. I mean, kids do come from the cabbage patch, don’t they?

51. And crested parrots. BTW, somebody said balls. :P

52. HUNG OVER OWLS!

53. Fird Birfle says:

*considering both options….*

54. Fird Birfle says:

@ Theresa:

55. How do you manage such brilliance time, and time again?
    Love it! :D

56. Eggnog, Oz. Lots of eggnog. ;)

57. Hoot!

58. IS THAT CODE???

59. bob drummond says:

Wasn’t Roger Miller a singer back in the mid-60’s ?

60. Not a wing, exactly. More the tip of my finger…….

61. cellarmouse says:

wha’ ya doin’?…how ya doin’?…dunno ’bout the bunny but i’m so happy i hafta join ceejoe & say wheeeeee!…

62. The Original Jane says:

You haven’t seen 30 – 40 itty bitty TINY titmouses (yes, it’s really the name of a bird) all together crowding into your heated birdbath. Tiny little gray balls of fluff. About the size of a rum ball. And btw, it was not easy finding a picture of the “plain” titmouse bird. The tufted titmouse is better known with his tuft of feathers sticking up on his head. Even this picture isn’t quite right. Ours are just plain ROUND little balls of feathers.

Here’s the ones we get – multiply by 30 or 40 and remember how teenie they are:

63. *smooch* how you doin’, boidy?

64. Titmouses (titmice?) can be cute, but need to up the goofy factor that owls have that make them the CUTEST!

65. The Original Jane says:

Well, I didn’t know we were doing a goofy factor…but titmouse birdies are pretty darn cute. It’s adorable to watch them all zipping around, crowding into the suet feeder and birdbath. Kind of like tribbles. They wouldn’t be quite as cute without the “flock factor” – one alone isn’t the same.

(btw, I do love owls too. Aloof, goofy, regal or cute. You never know what you’ll get.)

66. Now that’s what i call Parliament!

67. How can ow-els look so wise when awake, and so…michievous…when asleep? Looks like the three on the right are giggling to themselves over a prank they pulled on Lefty Bird.

68. jealous of tha lady who has a talking blue parrot AND a husband who cooks! ;)

69. Winkin’, Blinkin’, Nod, and WHO DAT!