On the Third Day of Cutemas,

My true lof gave to me: Three dive bombers flying skwerls!

Joyeux Noël, Sophia P.

Comments

1. Norbertsmom says:

Oh my gawd….

>>>>falls over ded from the qte>>>>>>>>>>

But stays alive long enough to shout – First time I got firsties!! Woo Hoo,and dies! :-)

2. There is nothing cuter than a pile of flying squirrels ….. until they colonize your attic, multiply like bunnehs and use your house as their homebase to launch their world domination plans.

3. Moi, Actually says:

Comment? “Le bok-bok?” What am I missing?
    My skill level in OF (Outrageous Frawnsche) is generally quite adequate. But today I feel like a Liverpudlian lost in Lyons without a dictionnaire.
    Oh, and bok or not, these are suitably bebbular. Who needs those Frawnshe Hens anyway.

4. I believe, Moi, *pulls up chalkboard* in order to understand the commentary, one must combine standard OF (as is used in the vernacular) with how one would imitate a chicken… e.g., le bok-bok!, creme-de-begawk!, and whatnot.
    *adjusts spectacles*

5. They are not neither flying! They are curled up in some lucky person’s hand being cute!

(besides, if they are flying skwerls, where’s their goggles and scarves?)

6. Now these are French hens,

7. pair one of these with a ferret and you can has a mouseless production of Pinky and the Brain

(brain brain brain)

8. Karen Hardie says:

I was hoping for 3 French Bulldog puppies … but these will do, thank you *gulp*

9. When I lived in the woods, there was a colony of flying skwrls in the tree outside my kitchen window. It was like having Saturday morning cartoons in the window every breakfast time.

10. Drat, now I have a song stuck in my head. Time to share!

11. Love that show. Those bebeh flyers can colonize my attic anytime.

I can’t decide which is cuter, the ears or the eyes.

12. once when I was a young’n I was reading quietly in the living room when there was a sudden whoosh! and something crashed violently into the huge picture window. the storm window shattered with the loudest crash imaginable and I pretty much hit the ceiling with the same velocity. later we surmised it must have been a flying skwerl because there were no feathers like when birdies hit, but there was a small greasy spot with little brown bits of fur left on the inside window. the poor thing must have miraculously survived the hit because he was nowhere to be found!

13. Three FRENCH, as in FRENCH, HENS as in HENS. Get it? Get it? *nudge nudge nudge* :P

14. Hey Rock, watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat!

15. Probably smoking Gitanes. ;)

16. Goggles and scarves….*snerk*

17. Skwerl’d peace.

18. Un-brie-lievablely cheesy

19. I blame you all for the fact that the past three days I have had Eddie Izzard in my head singing “FIVE GOOO-OLD RINGS!”

20. Nothin’ up my sleeve….

21. “When I lived in the woods” somehow has me cracking up. I’m picturing you as having been a wild animal who has since been domesticated.
    With all due respect, of course.

22. fleurdamour says:

A handfirrel o’ squirrel.

23. Nah…the Muppets and John Denver did the definitive version for me. Every time I hear ANY version of “12 Days…” I find myself listening for Miss Piggy’s ba-dum-bum bum after the “FIVE GOOO-OLD RINGS!”

24. Bops NorbertsMom with the CO magic BLEEN Stick!
    LOL

25. As in French Hens would say Bok Bok (whispers::: by the way my hens speak english and they say bok bok too).

26. Followed by Rocky and Bulwinkle music.

27. Soooo … are they French Flying Squirrels..and do they work at Cique De Sole?

28. Stosh 2011 in Costa Rica says:

They are delightful… KLUNK !!!!

29. Wouldn’t they say “Boque Boque”?

30. Duck, NorbertsMom! Duck QUICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. *bows*

32. I love slapstick. :)

33. Here are some more!

34. Or a hermit type. :D

35. KittyAdventures, that’s the sound of a French hen squawking. In English, they just say “bok, bok, bok”

36. Sort of seizure-inducing. :P

37. Dey are ebel, peepuls.
    Dey can steel yer soles, I tell you.

38. There is that, yes. However – and I cannot explain it – my brain has not defaulted to Miss Piggy. It has defaulted to Mr. Izzard. Ba-dum-bum-bum.

39. Fird Birfle says:

“Flying squirrel, NorbertsMom! Flying SQUIRREL!!!!!”

40. Fird Birfle says:

a MOST astute pernt, Mme Therese . You geht a Golde Starre.

41. Fird Birfle says:

*particularly enjoys les berets, et le fait, qu’un poulet parle d’un vache* :)

42. Moi, Actually says:

Guess I haven’t been hanging around hens recently. Hens in MY day (pulls crocheted shawl more tightly around neck) said puk, puk, puk, puk-KAW-kwa.

43. Fird Birfle says:

but only in the Best Possible *cough* Way, of course :)

44. Fird Birfle says:

8-O Ah b’leev that eet eez not zooo easy,
    to shattere a window (aka fenetre) des storms …..

45. Fird Birfle says:

Sol?

WOT sol? Ah ain’t had no sol, since my foist kitteh stolded it.
    Heez name wuz Salingere. Among other testimonials,
    1: Salingere wuz in LOF weeth mah boyfren’s Stanky Nasty Smelly Wirkbuuts. and
    2: Wen Salingere kicked da Oif (aka he died), a frey-und from out of town who had known Salingere fur menny menny yrs …sent me a condolences card and had composed a poem specifically in memoriam to Sir Salingere.
    RIP mon bon ami Salinger.

(and, b’fore enny of yew asks, hee wuz name-ified, after JD Salingere, NOT
    after Pierre Salingere)

PS: I’ve added an extra, ending “E” to his name here,
    only to adhere to the Outrageous Frawnsche Thread today.

46. Fird Birfle says:

@ KA:

Izzat Cirque du SoLEIL ???
    or Cirque du Soul??

Wirks out, eeder way !!!! ;)

47. Adhere? Something stuck to you?

48. er… that was supposed’ta stick the video in there…
    it’s Louis from The Little Mermaid singing Le Poisson. more O.F., a la Firdie’s comment :)

49. French hens say “cot cot cot” and sometimes add a tonitruant “CODEEEEC”

Signed, a frenchie

50. Ok now I want to know where I can sign up for said list of 12 days of christmas. Squirrels….puppers…I want! I want! I WANT!

51. You know, “Mr. Izzard” would be a GREAT Muppet name…

52. Juuuuust outta curiosity, NorbertsMom, what species is Norbert? Is (s)he, by chance, a Norwegian Ridgeback?

53. Come to think of it, Moi, that’s how the German chickens of my acquaintance sounded…..

54. Can you IMAGINE Eddie Izzard with the Muppets? That would be the best way to die laughing……

55. Fird Birfle says:
  56. Fird Birfle says:

und eet DEED steeck tha video een there!!!

or, dans le francais, “le voila!!!”

Merci bien, tracylee :)

57. Fird Birfle says:

or perhaps a hermit CRAB :)

58. bob drummond says:

I’m with ya,emmylee, I want ‘em 2 !!

59. yes, it was quite the mystery. if not for the fur bits on the window we probably would have chalked it up to a wayward softball, but the woods behind the house were a bit thick for games like that. in any case, my father was not amused. ;)