Making Pets Safer… With Science!

Life just got a little bit softer for kittens, as researchers at the Ohio Pet Safety Histological Adaptivity Workshop (OH PSHAW) have successfully bred an interlocking dog and cat.

Another quality link foraged by Ant… for science!

1. Mary (the first) says:

2. cellarmouse says:

really? my own personal exact gut reaction! ok, not so exciting, it was the world’s exact gut reaction (kinda why i replace “!” with “…” it let’s you feel what you feel…

anyway what i really wanted to say was i don’t think the pup’s got the shorter end of the stick…he looks like he really likes a warm tummy on a cold winter’s night…

3. So Bill Murray was right!

4. Human sacrifice… MASS HYSTERIA!

5. :lol:

6. Bettymouse says:

Real wrath of God type stuff!

7. interlocking bleen

8. darn!

9. I would like to see how they walk.

10. Love seeing the interspecies buddies! We have a pair at our house as well! Nothing cuter than seeing our kitty grooming the pomeranian!

11. Cat-Dog, Cat-Dog, alone in the world is a little Cat-Dog!

12. I beg to differ as to the goggie getting a raw deal, NTMTOM; please note that the kitteh’s audiokinetic generator (its “purrolator”, so to speak) rests just atop the goggie’s hip, thereby providing a vibrating warmth ideally suited to soothe an elder canine’s aching joints.

13. We always called that the “purrbox.”

14. :lol: The “purrbox” :lol: I will have to remember that :lol: AWW :D Looks like the cat and dog are real comfortable laying like that together :D

15. I just hope the kitteh isn’t overcome by the dog’s, er, emissions. I suppose it all depends on what sort of fuel they’re putting in the dog.

16. Ah, but therein the beauty of the design! Upon close examination, you will note that the kitteh’s nose faces Southwest, while the goggie’s, erm, “exhaust” faces Northeast, directly in line, in fact, to the goggie’s air intake (so the dog can ascertain that he is himself, and no other dog, I guess).

17. LisaLassie says:

Madame X: I salute your brilliant thinking. It’s nice to see that there is a true scientist monitoring this site. You advance our Qte knowledge. I shall go out into the world dispensing your wisdom.

18. You’re quite right, Madame X. This system is obviously another product of precision German Shepherd engineering.

19. bahhh hahah
    I call dog flatulence “fuel emissions” too!

20. I use the purrolator as often as possible when I’m not feeling well. (But only when it’s feeling cooperative…..)

21. Fleurdamour says:

Meowbius Strip

22. FTW!

23. cellarmouse says:

that’s funny…

24. Ha!!

25. NICELY done!

26. handsome puppehleh :)

needs a Marc Anthony tag, no?

27. I second that! Marc Anthony tag, please! :-)

28. I wonder if the kitthe has her ‘arms’ tucked back right against her body?

29. I think the kitty is in classic “meatloaf” position, but because of the dog’s hip/thigh, and probably also the dog’s soft tummy-valley, the lower part of the Sphinx can’t be seen. Or something like that. I am not as scientific as Madame X.

30. OH PSHAW!!! :mrgreen:

31. I see what you did there!

32. Sooo comfy looking. I want to snuggle with them as well.

33. Kitteh’s a dead ringer for my dear departed Steve. She was all limp and boneless like that, too!

34. Fird Birfle says:

YAY for limp, boneless kitteh fillets!!!

RIP dear, departed Steve :)

35. Kari Callin says:

Tired of getting locked in the covered cat box by the bigger cats, the wee kitten hired a body guard. Now, he can sleep in peace.

36. omg bwest fwends!

37. I will love him & hug him………

38. I once was at a friend’s house and her Shar-Pie dog ( not the brightest boy on earth), let go a long wweeeeee……………. Both my friend and I yelled “Doyie!. My friend was a little embarrassed at her dog, but he was such a dopey boy.

39. I’m seriously in loff with both of them.

40. These clever boffins have expanded the dimensions of the Axis of Snorgling to create the Snorglebrane.

Can cold-nose fusion be far behind?

41. Fird Birfle says:

YAY interlocking interspecies !!!

42. you just can’t stop those kids from Interlachen!

43. Queen of Dork says:

My heavens. This and all of the comments = superpluperfectantabulousMcThwirp!

Okay. Without looking on the g—– (not sure if I’m allowed to say that here) search engine, does anybody out there know what book that super…..(and so on) word comes from? ;)

44. Queen of Dork says:

Ooops! I spelled it wrong. It’s superpluperfectfantabulousMcThwirp. (I think) 8O