That is Going to Be One Epic Butterfly

Oh baby talk to me, like larvas do…

Marty is ready for the wild blue yonder, Taryn C.

Comments

1. Waves paw… Those aren’t the chew toys you’ve been looking for.

2. Matchinks! I call matchinks on everything!

3. NormallyLurksOnly says:

Eurythmics ref FTW!

4. “Marty”? Seriously?

That is perfect. :-)

5. It’s Mopupra the canine Mosura (Mothra for my English speaking friends)

6. Marty's Mom says:

oh my goodness! That’s my Marty! I never thought the picture would get posted. Marty had spent all day with us at the beach swimming in the waves. he was so chilly when we got home that we bundled him in a towel. I think he looks like an Ewok!

7. A little mini buddha! very cute

8. SlaveToCat says:

I just love Spa Day …. Darling..

9. andi in NC says:

Excellent!!

10. Shoo wop…shoo wop…

11. andi in NC says:

Love it!!!

12. It’s Jaba the Pup!

13. What a wonderfully colour coordinated doggy woggy! And such a perfect little poser too, looks so ready for the cat[dog]walk.

14. Marty Mc(butter)Fly?

15. Marty’s Mom, you must spend all your time smooching him!

16. My first thought was “OH, vätte!” (Swedish wight/gnome)

17. He looks a little blue from being in the water all day.

18. :D

19. Marty’s Mom, you are soooo lucky! What a sweet little snugglebutt he is.

20. oneeyeddaruma says:

I suspect Feldman…

21. LisaLassie says:

This is where the term “pupa” comes from. As Pyrit wisely pointed out. In ancient Latin, “pupa” meant “a pup” wrapped in a blue blanket. The ancient Latins often wrapped dogs in blue blankets. Over the years, the term was both applied to young moths and also turned around to become “pupa”. Pyrit, thank you for the science lesson.

22. LisaLassie says:

thanks for sending, Marty’s Mom.

23. I look at it as more of a Lawrence of Arabia type thing. “Now, my Bedouin raiders, we shall strike the Janissary encampment two hours before dawn. By the time the Turks know what has happened, we will have swept them away like the desert wind, Insha’Allah. Those who do not fall to our rifles and scimitars will surely be unable to resist snorgling me, providing a diversion.”

(NOTE: I have never actually seen Lawrence of Arabia.)

24. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. One can learn so much by following CO.

25. LOL… You must see the movie… You must!

26. Ksputtersnerk! Ha! Of course, of course… (hands LisaLassie $20.) herm.

27. Hey, what’s she getting $20 for?! Are you paying people now for sharing little-known facts? Damn, I can come up with a few. (racking brain for interesting tidbits of knowledge)

28. andi in NC says:

well, duh, who doesn’t know that (actually, I didn’t so thanks for the knowledge!!)

29. How much do you snorgle this dog?? I would never leave the house!

30. skippymom says:

I’ve often thought there should be special disability payments for people whose pets are so irresistibly adorable that they are unable to go to work because they have to snorgle all day.

31. Fird Birfle says:

*is jealous of Marty’s Mom’s housekeeping and interior design/ linens*

32. Is it cuhrazy that I screeched out: “Old Mother Hubbard!!!” when I saw the pic? The babushkaesque framing of his face, the kind eyes, the wise expression…Old Mother Hubbard!!!

33. victoreia says:

I second that, skippymom!

34. Marty’s Mom, you are sooo lucky! What a completely adorable little sweetie. This picture is hilarious. Please give Marty a smooch from his fans here on CO!!

35. The best part of that track is Annie’s “Hey-ey-ey-ey-ey-ey-eyyyyyy” break. Truth.

36. MATCH ALL THE THINGS!!! :D

37. *joins Fird in turning as green as Marty is blue* :Mr Green:

38. NormallyLurksOnly says:

It’s noble and it’s brutal, it distorts and deranges but sweet dreams are made of this. Here comes the rain again, who am I to disagree, tell me?

39. Pyrit…

No, you didn’t. You didn’t go there.

ROTFL!!

40. Marty’s Mom, what a good mommy you are to make sure your baby is warm and cozy! He is ridiculously adorable!

41. Nose is perfect spot for….BEEEP!

42. LisaLassie says:

I humbly thank you for the $20. And I promise it will all go toward my continuing education in Little Known Facts which I will be happy to share with Cuteologists Everywhere. Skippymom: please do not be annoyed. I have a long, long history of being full of….Little Known Facts.

43. Holy Carp, I should be set for life! After all, I am the Cliff Claven of CO. :P

44. He’s an old Indian Yogi!!!