Nostrildamus

Beside bananas for lunch and turns on the tire swing, little Rollo Bumblemufkin’s favorite pastime was a little game he liked to call “Will This Fit Up My Nose?”

That’s snot funny, Barney M.

Comments

1. victoreia says:

Ah, yes….the popular game played by babehs-with-opposable-thumbs everywhere…..

2. victoreia says:

(Closely followed by “What does this taste like?”)

3. Lewis n' Clark says:

..(concluded by “oh what the heck, I’ll just put it in my hair”)

4. TrixandSam says:

First thought that entered my mind: “can i whistle with this?”

5. TheIglets says:

Almost choked on my protein bar when I read the title!

6. Sneeze the day!

7. “Will This Fit Up My Nose?” My cousin was THE CHAMP. Stuck cigarettes up there. He’s an architect now. :roll:

8. *snicker*

9. What’s the old joke?

He thought it was a booger, but it’s not.

10. hawhehahaw!!

11. I put peanuts up there. Mom freaked out after she was unable to remove them. That story gets talked about every time the family gets together. Especially when I bring any boyfriends over.

12. Fird Birfle says:

This column and picture are closely affiliated,
    with a favorite of both Theresa and me:

13. Question: In or out of the shells?

14. Fird Birfle says:

L n C WINS!!!!!!

15. My sister loved to shove things up my little sister’s nose to see if they would fit. She especially loved the little boot in Monopoly and the little body parts in Operation. And my poor little sister worshipped my older sis, so she just went along with it every time. By the time we got out of our preschool days, the folks in the ER knew us by name, and my older sis spent much of her childhood in time outs… :roll:

16. Fird Birfle says:

ah, fond childhood memories….huh, Nikki??? ;)

17. Fird Birfle says:

PS: Theresa, when is the expose book about your Family of Horrors
    scheduled to be published??? I want to be certain to sign up to order three copies …. Dad’s spit-polishes, cousins sticking cigarettes up their nose …
    it sounds an utter delight of a read!!!

18. victoreia says:

So, you’re glad you’re one of three, huh? (And aren’t you really glad you don’t have brothers?)(Or do you?)

19. and then can i fit my finger in that light socket.. or the fork I just got out of the silver ware drawer

20. Oh Victoreia, yes, one of three, and while I was spared the objects up the nose, I was forced to play the part of unwilling victim when my older sister wanted to learn how to pierce ears…she made my little sister sit on me to hold me still and she came at me with a needle, an ice cube, alcohol, and a banana (to catch the needle on the other side of my lobe.) Basically, she was the mad scientist and my little sister and I were her lab rats… :)

Yes, Fird, those fond memories could probably singlehandedly underwrite the entire psychotherapy industry! Ha!

21. BTW, the sticking of the cigarette up the nose occured while hiding behind the armchair in our grandma’s living room. ;)

22. My parents stopped buying those games with all the little parts. :P

23. or the key from this old set of grandma’s. (True story… my daughter did this, with my hubby 2 feet away. In the kitchen, I hear HORRRRIBBLE bzzzsat sound, and run down the hallto find TWO of my daughter’s fingers soot black, and sooty, melted key-ring on the floor. To this day, I do not know how she got away without even a 3rd degree burn, much less alive!!!!) (PS. I also now firmly bleieve in guardian angels!!!!!!!).

24. Lewis n' Clark says:

ohhhh Nikki – I feel yer pain. I am the youngest of three girls (my brother came along ten years later). Let’s see – it was always about two hours after I went to bed – that’s when the torture REALLY started. One night she woke me up to practice her French from school. Another time, she woke me up, because she thought I should put alcohol on my skinned knee. And, being a “duh” sort of sister, I got up with her and we went to the bathroom, and she DID! Of course I screamed bloody murder!

25. Lewis n' Clark says:

Hmmm, I know it wasn’t the word alcohol. Is there any good wine in the Mod Lounge? Circus peanuts?

26. Fird Birfle says:

YOWCH !!!!

27. Your sister sounds like a psychopath! :shock:

28. Flutterby says:

The stories in this thread are SO funny and giggle-worthy … to think it all starts with a GOrilla youngster appearing to be shoving vegetation up its nose and a LOL story by NTMTOM …. away the peeps go!!!!

Thanks for the laughs everyone ….

29. I’m glad to read all this … So now I am sure I am not the only one. I stuck a tiny plastic toy up my nose when I was 3 or 4 … We went to see the doctor, but when we had to wait there it came out by itself. Lucky me. The reason I can still remember something so long ago is that my mother was almost crazy with rage about the whole thing, so if I would have done something like this to my younger brother I would not live to tell the tale …

30. Know why their nostrils are so big?

big fingers :D