Memories, Light the Corns of My Mind

On sunny days, General Gustavus Fuzzbee takes his ritual afternoon stroll and lingers over memories of many fine kernels he met during his years of valiant service in the Royal Pouchstuffers.

Jess G.’s hamster, Smoothie, outside for a walk for the first time.

Comments

1. Smoothie is a great name!

2. Agreed!

3. Kari Callin says:

“Sunshiiiine.. on my whiskers… makes me hampy….!”

4. Very pukka sahib.

5. ‘Kay, now I have Streisand singing in my head. Thanks muchly.

6. Kari Callin says:

Should be John Denver crooning in your head! ;)

7. The Charge of the Ham Brigade.

8. sabrina rose says:

I dearly love the perfectly apt captions that the Cute Crew manages to invent time after time. This is the best site on the web!

9. Looks more like Children of the Corms.

10. LisaLassie says:

If you peer carefully through the grass you can just see the leetle pink hands raised.

11. Mary (the first) says:

Definitely!!

12. Mary (the first) says:

The Whiskers OMG!

13. *slaps head* ACK!!!!!1!!1!!!!!! You’re right! I was getting the two songs mixed up! *slinks off in shame*

14. SlaveToCat says:

(chorus)
    I’m walkin’ on sunshine, woh-oh
    I’m walkin’ on sunshine, woh-oh
    I’m walkin’ on sunshine, woh-oh
    And don’t it feel good?

15. SlaveToCat says:

Someone forgot to slather a little spf 45 on this little munchkin before going out in the sunshine.

Hands Smoothie a chilled jar of Noxzema.

16. I may be incredibly ignorant, but how does one take a hamster for a walk? I don’t see a tiny leash or anything. :-/

17. Eep! I would be so noivous that he would run away! But still, he ees so CUUUTE

18. I want to acquire a new, small pet so i can name it Fuzzbee.

19. Walking In The Sunshine, singing a little sunshine song,
    Put a smile on your face as if there’s nothing wrong.

Think about a good time had a long time ago,
    Think about forgetting about your worries and your woes,

Walking In The Sunshine, singing a little sunshine song.
    La la la la la dee oh, Whether the weather be rain or snow,

Pretending can make it real,
    A snowy pasture, a green and grassy field.

20. Fird Birfle says:

gives victoreia a soothing ice cream cone, with multicolored sprinkles on top, to ease the agony (and wonders, whether this will be zapped by the Big Green Moderashun Machine, due to my use of the word “agony” ….)

21. Fird Birfle says:

um — a CHILLED jar of Noxzema????

wow. 8-O
    I wish MY mommie had been that indulgent !!!!

— Telephones the nearest counselor for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and
    schedules long-term, inpatient stay –

22. Fird Birfle says:

comme ces mots, et ces pensees, sont joli(e)s!!!

23. Fird Birfle says:

*ahem*

Dees eez/ wuz a wunnerful candidate for “Nose”-vember.
    *is slightly sad*

But now eet’s Deeecember!!!!
    *worries whether little guy will survive the injustice, of it all*
    *clutches pearls*

24. Fird Birfle says:

ooooohhh eet’s okeh b/ c hims’ peek-tchua wuz here before the clock struck “December” !!!!

*does Snoopy Victory Dance, thusly:*

25. In my case, it was put the hamster on the ground and hover over it so some bird of prey wouldn’t swoop in. It’s not really possible to put a hamster on a leash I don’t think.

26. I’m sure that someone out there has made a teeny-tiny hamster leash. We must have pictures! Quick!! Everyone start scouring the interwebs!

27. Hel-LO, new desktop wallpaper!

28. Submitter says:

I submitted this years ago, it was such a great surprise to see it pop up now! : )

29. There are teeny weenie hamster-harness-leashes available, but hamsters are such agile contortionists, we were never able to actually KEEP the hammie in the harness, lol.

30. womblegirl says:

Personally I think it outrageous that the teeny pink nosie has gone this long un-beeped. Beeeep! He seems to be wondering why the ceiling has gone all blue……

31. Wow! What scientifically impressive and useful research , Wend!

32. SlaveToCat says:

Here is a prescription to fill before your inpatient stay.

RX: Review 2 years of CO files while sipping a favorite wine. Snuggle with a kitty and 2 buns 3 times a day or as needed.

33. Fird Birfle says:

oooh that sound soothingk, STC !!!!!

34. Must kees teeny nose! *smooch*

35. It’s usually recommended to not take a hamster outside (or even keep them in a drafty room), as they catch a cold very easily. It’s also rather stressful to them to be out in the open, even (or especially) with the owner hovering over them, and they’re subjected to any diseases the wild rodents in the area might be carrying. Owners will have to take responsibility regarding the decision they make, but I wish Cute Overload did their part to make sure that the readers understand that taking your hamster out is something you shouldn’t do.