Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Kitties

Welcome, fake-sports fans, to the WWE* Ultimate King of the Ring Smackdown! And for our main event, we present Ginger “Bone” Snapper versus The Midnight Mangler! Winner to be decided by two falls and an ear nomming!

*Whiskereds Wrestling Entertainingly

1. Ahh, it brings it all back to me! The night Miss Elizabeth smacked Honky Tonk Man over the head with his own guitar!

2. I’ve seen this act in Los Vegas.
    This is the vicious Kitty la’chew vs. Fluffmiester-meanie-mop

4. Please! EVERYone knows that cat wrestling is fake!

5. :) hee hee

6. The “mewwwwwkkkkkkk” kills me!! LOLOLOL

7. The unprovoked attack on the turnbuckle at 0:34!

8. But wrestling is fake, isn’t it?

9. Fird Birfle says:

I tend to think that the WRESTLING is real but that any fierceness is just there to inflate the earnings…..

*looks around for the cashier, so I won’t miss the next kittaye-wrestling bout*

10. Looked to me like Midnight was getting mangled. Of course, I dont really know wrestling. I do, however, know cute kitties and both of them won that round.

11. The mini growlingks!!!

12. Yep that was too cute! rrrrwrr

13. So intimidating, right?

14. Fierce! I can’t wait to hear the after-bout chest thumping commentary.

15. Queen of Dork says:

Yeah. That pretty much went beyond cute and into the realm of ADORABLENESS!

16. Queen of Dork says:

Okay. I have no idea why, but I’m now reminded of this silliocity: (Elf cracks me up! He-he! How funny. “What’s a Christmas gram?? I want one!”)

17. JohnnyJohnny says:

O.M.G. I LOVE that movie. I’m so glad you posted the video.

18. OMG, QofD! I LOVE that movie!!!!!!!!!

19. Queen of Dork says:

Me too, kimmaroo!! It’s so goofy!

“I love your purple dress. It’s very purpley!”

20. Goofy is the perfect descriptor! I love Ed Asner Santa giving him advise and going into the long bit about which Ray’s pizza in NYC is original. Hee.

21. Queen of Dork says:

And Bob Newhart as the really, really serious dad is totally funny. He’s so funny because he’s so serious.

22. It’s the old Rope-a-Dope!

23. LOL Exactly!

24. So Funneeee……! They will do very well in WWE; becuz they know instinctively to wrestle only inside the ring….. :lol:
    (the only thing that could have improved this match was to have the Marmie attired in hot pink satin shorts, and Midnite in midnight blue, of course…….) :roll:

25. 1:03 is a beauty. :)

26. Tag me in! I’ll totally brave the fearsome-ness!

27. that’s the longest I’ve ever watched a wresting match ever!

28. Totally the only wrestling I’ll watch!!

29. ever ever?

30. Mary (the first) says:

Me too, probably. Ever, ever, ever!!

31. I would totally be glued to the TV if they had a 24 hour kitten wrestling channel! So absolutely adorable!

32. :lol: Same here, Laurie :lol:

33. I’ll wager 10 000 quatloos on The Midnight Mangler.

34. HAW!

35. Fird Birfle says:

I find myself appreciating how los kittayns periodically pause and check with
    the cameraperson to be sure that their best angle is on-camera …. 8-O

36. Fird Birfle says:

Really??? Moderayshe???

But — I didn’t even SAY “cu***ber” !!!

*pouts in corner, drinking a Midori Sour, with a cute little umbrella in glass*

37. Did somebody say Midori sours ?!?! YUM !!!!!!!!!!

38. Fird Birfle says:

Here ya go — here’s one,
    with silly umbrella & everything!!! :)

39. Did you say “Male-chicken-atoo”? :P

40. Fird Birfle says:

nope. It was “cu***ber cu***ber cu***ber” !!!! ;)

41. Queen of Dork says:

*walks into Mod Lounge. Puts Elf on the Dvd player. Makes sure the bean bag chairs are floofed correctly. Serves Leslie from taco bar*

42. Fird Birfle says:

*quits pouting, b/c Q is so awesome*

43. Fird Birfle says:

PS: “fake sports fans” = :)

44. I would pay money to see this, screw the wwf and the greedy mcmahan’s. The only thing is that I would insist on being able to snorgle the winner, or the loser.

45. I would also pay money to see this as long as I could snorgle both the winner and loser at the same time, Kar :D

46. Hey! Get in line! Behind me! ;)

47. Groupies. :P

48. All this video is missing is “The Eye of the Tiger” playing in the background.

49. Was waiting for one of them to break out a folding chair.

50. *snaps fingers* That’s what was missing!

51. So cute ~ the little mews kilt me ded !!

Still shakin’ in my sandals from the vicious hissing and snarlingks issuing from “Bone” there ~ Great video…needed a laugh…

52. Aww, I was gonna post about how the little mews kilt me ded, too!
    I want to get a kitten now and snuggle it. I’d watch kitten wrestling any time!

53. Am I the only one who thought about the smack-fight between Napoleon and Kip Dynamite?

54. Aside from the definite pin at about 1:05, which clearly makes the marmie the winner, I was kinda hoping the “ring” was made out of red licorice strings!

55. One minute it’s the Bulgarian Headlock, and the next minute they’ll be purring and cuddling. Kittens rock.

56. Fird Birfle says:

— Now I want to see the Bulgarian Headlock —

57. My favorite sports to watch – kitty wrestling. I could watch that for hours and hours. :)
    The same goes for other kitten sports. Any kittens doing sports, soccer, football, any kind of kitty hunting games. I choose to watch those any day, way cuter than when humans do sports.

58. Fird Birfle says:

59. saintstryfe says:

more entertaining then anything McMahon has put on in the last decade or so.

/published author about Pro-wrestling
    //end my suffering.

60. Oh the cute!!!! But it sooo needs a commentary and soundtrack. Can somebody please please do this? :D

61. I love the “off the ropes” move. I think Ginger has the upper paw in the match

62. Yeah, I’d never bet against an orange kitty when it come to a-rasslin’.

63. SlaveToCat says:

That was the best cat fight I’ve seen since the wet T-shirt contest at The Banshee in Dorchester.

64. OMG! Someone has to add sound effects and music!

65. Where’s the miniature folding chair? You gotta have props.

btw, love the tiny kitty squeals! I could watch this kind of wrestling all day….

67. I love the carnage from the previous match still strewn across the floor.

68. cellarmouse says:

yeah, those two big lunks never had a chance…

69. Luchadores! Luchando!
    I love Lucha Libre. So fierce. So energetic. So cute.

70. *patiently waits for black friday sale* Must have the CO version of rock-em sock-em!!

71. I dunno, it just doesn’t look to me as though these two have their hearts in it so much. They don’t seem to be fighting as though they really mean it. Need some acting lessons, maybe.

You guys, Chloe is just fine–totally false alarm. I’m kind of embarrassed to have been so worried, and you are sweet and kind with all your words and thoughts.
    The thing is, with a leukemia kitty who is healthy against the odds, any change (particularly around appetite) could be a bad sign. So a mom can tend to be over-vigilant, I guess. Anyway, thank you for being such good and caring friends. I’ll try to save it for when I really need it.

72. cellarmouse says:

nice to hear the good news – happy snorgling…

73. Skippymom, so glad to hear everything is OK. Do not feel bad about being concerned for your furbaby; that’s what caring humans do :D

74. AWW :D You should not be embarrassed about worrying about your dear sweet kitty, Chloe, skippymom :D That is what cat moms do :D I am just glad to hear that Chloe is doing fine :D

75. Yay for Chloe!!! Skippymom, don’t EVER feel bad about worrying about your babies, and especially about sharing with us. I’m pretty sure we all understand!

76. Thanks, ceejoe, you’re the best.

77. musicalnote says:

Congratulations … Chloe the kitty continues to confound those crumby ol’ catastrophic cautions! Yay, Chloe … you go little girl. Wonderful news, Skippymom!

78. Better to worry and have a false alarm, than ignore it until you find out too late that it’s the real deal.

79. That’s pretty much what our vet has told me about living with Princess Chloe. That was what happened last winter when she ended up having to have major eye surgery because I didn’t seek immediate attention when I noticed she was squinting a little. (GUILT)

80. Whisker weight division

81. The old USENET newsgroup r.p.c.c. ( – still in existence and active; I check in every once in a while) used to have a ‘kitty sumo’ competition occasionally. I don’t remember all the weight classifications, but the lowest one (into which these combatants would fall) was ‘dust-bunny-weight’, and the heaviest one was ‘ooff-weight’.

82. *snorf-laff* Yeah, I think my orange boy would probably be in the “ooff-weight” division! (20 lbs. at last weigh-in.)

83. [audio src="" /]

I have no idea if this is gonna work or not, but this is supposed to be the link to “Let’s get ready to rumble”….

84. Works on my ‘puter, hope it does for all peeps!

Had to come back to watch Bone and Midnight rumble one more time and see the carnage from the previous match someone pointed out…LOL the human ‘bodies’ laying outside the ring!!

85. Gah, guess everyone’s somewhere else now..

Skippymom, so glad your furbaby is okay! *breathes sigh of relief*

86. micro-mews are cute and fierce

87. LOL Much better than WWF

88. Kitty fighting is violent and inhumane. It gives kitties a bad name. Remember it’s not the kitties who are the problem, it’s the people.

89. Lewis n' Clark says:

Where’s the ref? I think most of those holds were illegal!

90. And here I thought that people only bought those kinda toys for their kids. Silly me.