They Had It Coming, I Tell You!

There I was, resting comfortably, minding my own business, when I felt the soft, fluffy hand of death against my back. I turned, and faced a ferocious stuffed rabbit. Two rabbits. With knives. “We’ve come for your humans,” they said, but I stood up to protect you. It was a horrible struggle, but I prevailed. You’re safe now.

A likely story, Peggy H.

1. He had it coming
    He had it coming
    He only had himself to blame
    If you’d have been there
    If you’d have seen it
    I bet you would have done the same!

2. my first thought too! love it

3. You beat me to it – Dang!

4. Aaaaaaaand now I’ll have that song stuck in my head all day.

This is not a bad thing, you understand. :)

5. P.S. Pop. Six. Squish. Uh-uh. Cicero. Lipschitz.

6. I think it’s pretty obvious that the captioners here at C.O. purposely put phrases into their captions, stories and hovertext and sit back waiting to see if someone will get the reference.

I wonder how often one slips by us that no one gets? Hmmm?

7. (The Original) Mel says:

Nothing much worse than the soft, fluffy hand of death against your back, except perhaps being poked with the soft cushion/confronting the evil that is toilet paper.

8. LOL My cat Lilac is always rescueing me from the evil Toilet papiers!

9. (The Original) Mel says:

Does that dog have a sort of Charles Bronson-y facial expression there?

10. cellarmouse says:

i’m thinking more like dog trying to do “people smile” to placate mommy…

11. I think his posture is trying to pull off a “No, no–nothing going on here, I’m just lying here relaxing, it’s all completely innocent” while the eyeball is anxiously wondering, “Is she buying it???”

12. (The Original) Mel says:

Yes, the wonky eye is the giveaway here.

13. The infamous Expression of Canine Anxiety.

14. No, my dog does the same thing-right after his people have woken him up from his nap.

15. Whoops-meant to say not because he was angy, but he is too tired to keep his leeps over his teef

16. HRH QueenCat says:

whoa – shifty eyes !!!

17. oh yeah, it’s the side-eye of shame!

18. OMG! What did you do?

19. Yeah, that expression is of a dog about to say, “I can explain. No, really!”

20. “Fluffy stuff? WHAT fluffy stuff? I’ve been lying here snoozing the whole time.”

21. Rule #32 action!

22. It wasn’t me.

23. Why do I always get blamed for these things?

24. I’m thinking (with the Christmas tree in the background) he just wanted to make it a white Christmas. Good dog =)

25. Was it a stuffed Rabbit of Caerbannog?

26. I was waiting for this. thank you.

27. I had one of those. She was called SnowFlake and acted like that is any strangers came near the house. I had to have bed delivered and the two big, burly guys would not come in until she was caged.

28. snerk!

29. He was framed, look the gloves don’t even fit

30. If that were our dog, it’d be more along the lines of:

“I killed the bed. It was justified…I fluffed it with my little tosies, I twirled again and again, but it never got as soft as I wanted…so I bit it and tore it up and mutilated it.

“Now go buy me a softer bed…or this will happen to you.”

Yes, she is very cat-like.

31. oh well, Moderation lonuge. What’s the Holiday spread and is it safe to light a match?

32. I’m here with ya, Ayaa! I slipped up and used the dreaded s-word… Where’s the fruitcake??

33. I take offense to that!!!!

Oh, you meant the actually fruitcake…over there next to the jelly babies and Alcoholic Jelly.

34. Ah, the strange incongruities of this photo. Perp amidst fake Christmas snow. Fake Christmas tree as yet undecked. Fake tiki lounge furniture. Fake fireplace. The plot thickens.

35. Ayaa, joining you in the lounge. Don’t light a match, there’s a fake fireplace!

36. You can light a match Ayaa just not near the rum balls !
    Goodness Gracious (etc)

37. Is doggie crying wolf?

38. Alternate caption: “I decorated for christmas. It was exhausting!”

39. LOL. Nice work.

40. Also Bernese Mountain Dogs are the cutest.

41. It wasn’t me.
    It was the one paw cat!

42. Uh-huh. Blame the cat. Again.

*wanders off to Mod Lounge, to check for brownies*

43. I’m not seeing a whole lot of doggy guilt here. But more than one of my favorite cat mag captioned photos: two cats lying on the kitchen counter amid the wreckage of a whole roll of paper towels, gazing calmly into the camera. “Prove it.”

44. :-D

45. It exploded.

I swear.

46. This reminds me of the Matt Groening cartoon of little Bongo standing amidst a scene of household destruction, saying, “I swear to God, I didn’t do it.”

47. It’s obviously a frame job. The neighbor’s cat has been out to get him for weeks now. And I heard through the grapevine that the poodle across the street has been taking milk bone bribes!

48. Love the placating display of teef.

49. That dog looks angry to be woken up lol!!! Adorrrrrable! Reminds me of my own puppers.

50. Why are you so late getting home? I got really bored with nothing to do all day.

51. *snerk*

52. My life yesterday… with a guilty corgi sitting in the corner…

53. Haha. That’s my dog. But usually she’s like yea I did it! Damn straight! And then she sleeps in her mess of fluff and carnage.

54. my yorkie once attacked a 24 pack or 12 pack of cottonelle and ate all the cardboard
    inserts, not before decorating our bed room with teeny, tiny bits of tp not one little
    square left all shredded and some were in our bed as we slept…..the Vet did say the
    cardboard is fiber and he did well….

55. Lol! there’s got to bean easier way to get more fibre in your diet!!!

56. songbirdnurse says:

You brave, braaaaave puppeh! Here, come to Mama and gimme keeesez!!!

57. The side-eye says it all.