Yoinks and Gadzooks!

But soft! What treasure hath the Fates placed before mine eyes? A kernel of corn!

Oh, what sweet blessing from Nature’s bounty — a pitiful morsel to some, but a bounteous feast to a humble creature such as I!

We like eloquence in a rodent, Megan A.

Comments

1. Ham-lette?

2. a peanut , a peanut, My Kingdom for a peanut.

3. Oh my goodness! Such an adorable teeny tiny little creature.

4. Cutest little wee-thing (Hammie?) I’ve ever seen.

5. The tiny white pawsies have killt me.

6. I want

7. Oh my…widdle white tootsies…AND a wee peanut…life is GOOD!

8. Teeny McHammersons is ready for his soliloquy…and he works for peanuts (bad, bad, bad but it had to be said).

9. Mary (the first) says:

So, it looked like a peanut to me, too, but the text says “kernel of corn”. Now I’m doubting my ability to identify foodstuffs, which could be dangerous to my long-term survival. ;)

10. First for the win!

11. Beady eye factor off the richter scale.

12. He does have little gloves and socks, doesn’t he?

13. Other possibilities:

Corniolanus
    The Nomming of the Shrew

14. Not everyone can be gluten-free paleo vegan locavores.

15. OMG, I just want to pop that furry little thing in my mouth! O_O It’s so tiny and cute that it hurts to look at!! GAH!

16. Brush up your Shakespeare
    Start quoting him now
    Brush up your Shakespeare
    And the women you will wow

Just declaim a few lines from Othella
    And they’ll think you’re a hell of a fella
    If your blonde won’t respond when you flatter ‘er
    Tell her what Tony told Cleopatterer

If she fights when her clothes you are mussing
    What are clothes? Much ado about nussing
    Brush up your Shakespeare
    And they’ll all kow-tow

With the wife of the British ambessida
    Try a crack out of Troilus and Cressida
    If she says she won’t buy it or tike it
    Make her tike it, what’s more As You Like It

If she says your behavior is heinous
    Kick her right in the Coriolanus
    Brush up your Shakespeare
    And they’ll all kow-tow

17. (*thunderous applause*)

18. Much Ado About Nomming
    The Nomedy of Errors
    Titus Hamdronicus
    Hamthony and Cleopatra
    The Rodent’s Tail

19. that applause below was supposed to have been thundering in your direction, Th.
    must’a clicked on the wrong dohickey

20. First…WANT! Can’t breathe he’s so cute!! *faints*
    *revives briefly*
    Second…1st pic looks like he’s praying–thanking God for this bountiful feast laid before him!

21. Kernel Saunders? XD

22. And here I was thinking he was rubbing his hands paws together in glee!

23. That should have read: his hands paws together! (Dang html!)

24. fish eye no miko says:

12th Nom
    Nom-eo and Juli-eat

25. I want to nuzzle those ears.

26. Moi, Actually says:

First hammies wore pants; now they’re talking forsoothly. What next, peeps?
    (Don’t answer that.)

27. HA, that was my reaction too but I was afraid I’d freak people out if I said it out loud.

28. Nomsferatu?

29. I, too, found HIM to be the delicious morsel here… Just a head with paws! NOMNOMNOM

30. Alice Shortcake says:

Ti-nom of Athens
    King Nom

31. Hamegeddon?

32. Polite golf clap. Finger lickin’ good.

33. Oh my gosh, look at that fierce wittle expression in the nomming pic. :)

34. Cornucopeia.

35. SlaveToCat says:

First impression was that the second picture looked like Darth Vader’s head.
    Cute but evil rodent devouring the brain of a storm trooper.
    Maybe it’s time to do a Star Wars marathon weekend. ?=/

36. Fird Birfle says:

37. My expert eye says it is actually a Corn Pop, a species of puffed dried corn. It doesn’t actually resemble a kernel of corn in its natural state, so you’re in the clear.

38. Cole Porter! Cole Porter! Cole Porter! The absolute bestest songwriter EVAH.

(IMO and all that.)

39. My first thought was chickpea. Or maybe some other kind of bean. But now I think peanut is probably correct. (Still a legume–do I get partial credit?)

40. a.k.a. GFPVLs

41. Troilus and Cressida is also a good title to put into the basket for Charades, provided the other team draws it. (My husband still hasn’t forgiven me for inadvertently setting him up to try to act out “Why Did You Believe Me When I Said I Loved You When You Know I’ve Been a Liar All My Life?” Not my fault if his friends don’t know enough country songs. And it could have been “You’re the Reason Our Kids Are Ugly”….)

42. LOL! And may I suggest: Tiny Ham-nom-a-crust

43. And, A Midsummer Nom’s Dream.

44. Everybody do the NomNom

45. Oh god!! those beady eyes! the body that is a circle!!! so cute! Can we make a new rule? When your body is a circle, it’s cute.