Probably Nothing More Than Rumours

I’d like to correct that terrible misconception.

Sender-inner Erica M. says, “The eight-foot high birdfeeder is Fatboy’s favorite place to spend hot summer days…” Photo by Tasha G.

1. The EYES!! OMG the EYES!

2. Seriously! He must be wearing tinted contacts!

3. Nnnnnnope. Tabbies are like that. :)

4. Intense blue, I’ve seen. This is somewhere between turquoise and aqua. WOW.

5. That is the most symmetrical forehead M I have ever seen.

6. Only on CO would someone discuss the symmetry of a cat’s forehead.

7. I’ve gotten lost contemplating the beauty and symmetry of Philo’s stripes before.

8. SlaveToCat says:

That’s a Bird feeder with an attitude.

9. Fird Birfle says:

I think that, in this case, it *MIGHT* be a CAT feeder :)

10. I first read that as “the most symmetrical forehead I have ever seen,” which made me seriously lol, so I went back to look at the picture, and was like “meh, just a normal forehead” …

11. Most dangerous bird feeder ever.

12. SlaveToCat says:

Is that a determined kitty or a desperate kitty?

13. That’a devious kitteh! He’s all, “Come and get some delicious seeds, my sweet pretty birdies…..”

14. Gonna be some startled birds at that feeder!

15. seriously. hahah smartest cat EVER

16. His name is Fatboy? That made my day. :)

P.S. Beautiful brown tabby!

17. 100% agreement here, on both points: great name, beautiful tabby.

18. I third that.

19. I fourth that :D

20. LazerLizzy says:

“Crazy rumours are spreading that the squirrels have been boldly stealing right from the bird feeder.
    I’d like to correct that terrible misconception.”

The squirrels have been boldly stolen right from the bird feeder.

21. “…to boldly go where no squirrel has gone before!”

(Sorry, it just jumped into my head….)

22. Mary (the first) says:

He looks kind of bored by the whole thing!

23. Despite the kitty’s hopes, “Bird feeder” does not indicate that the birds are for hm.

24. My wimpy Claude used to try sitting under my little bird feeder. I guess you have to give him points for optimism. (“Maybe they won’t notice me.”) Needless to say, he never caught a bird in his 21+ years.

25. Emily Rose says:

Haha! My Aggie does the same thing; he lays on the banister under the bird feeder flicking his tail back and forth while the chickadees and titmice scold him. Still, his hope springs eternal.

26. My Cinder’s window perch is right next to the bird feeder. Apparently she feels the birds will be more apt to fly inside if she flattens her tummy against the window like a Garfield window cling. Again, points for optimism.

27. Supply photos of this please! :-)

28. Yes, I agree. This sounds like something we need to see!

29. Don’t mess with me, man!

30. Not fat–large-boned, please!

31. “Fatboy”??? :lol:

32. Dis are not the birds you’re looking for! ;-)

33. How funny, I have a cat in my neighborhood who looks just like this cat:) What a great pic, BRAVO!!!

34. cellarmouse says:

i wonder how he gets in…large sweaty heaving and grunting or lithe agile ballet moves…some of us fatboys can be amazingly graceful…

35. Go ahead, make my day.

36. Fird Birfle says:

Clint Eastwood ;)

37. “I told Frank Lloyd Wright the ceilings of his houses are too low. But does he listen to me? Nooo.”

38. At least he didn’t foregt the cat-ilevered floors! ;-)

39. *forget

40. ” I’m not over weight … I’m under tall ! ”

41. Favorite Garfield line ever! :-)

42. Fat Boy has just made an announcement of utmost importence:
    He is not fat, just FLOOFY!!! :shock:
    Also, he is to be entirely commended for choosing the cooler penthouse apartment instead of the steamy summer basement flat;
    F.B. sez: those not-too-bright skwerlios shuud just go and figure it out……. :roll:

43. cellarmouse says:

hi leslie…

44. Fird Birfle says:

(ackshually, nope; not this time :) same initials, tho ….)

45. “Welcome to Chez Chat. Let me tell you about today’s specials…”

46. Welcome to Fatboy’s. Complimentary cat nip included with all menu items.

47. Seems like we were channeling the same waiter… at the same moment. Da da da da (Outer Limits theme music)

48. We probably ordered the same thing, too. ;)

50. Fird Birfle says:

(this was set up –?– to locate under T.U.M.’s alliterative item)

“You bet yer Sweet Bippy!!11!!” :)

51. Comment about the catbird seat goes here.

52. How cheerfully he seems to grin,
    How neatly spread his claws,
    And welcome little fishes in – er – birdies
    With gently smiling jaws!

53. Fatboy has the big ol’ tomcat head.

54. Fird Birfle says:

“WOT is yer name???”

“WOT is yer Qwest??”

“WOT is yer fav’rit colour???”

(“Red.” “No, BLUE. NO — I — “…..)

55. “An African or European swallow?”

“I don’t know that. AAAIIIEEEEE!!!!”

56. Fird Birfle says:

YAY mp!! Yay Juno!!! Yay birdie jokes !!! :)

57. I look at FatBoy facebook link and I do not see the aqua eyes… this is not the Precious I seek.

58. I wonder what kind of plea this cat will use in the court when it comes to being charged with theft and well, the other thing.

59. Well, if they put him in jail, he already has the striped suit.

60. Fird Birfle says:

“I am a Cat. All charges will be dismissed, forthwith, or There Will Be Consequences.”

61. His name is Fatboy? Clearly he HAS to hide in the birdfeeder so he can sooth his hurt feelings.

62. Fird Birfle says:

heh heh

I jist noticed the “I’m Going to Eat You” Tag !!!!

63. Emmberrann says:

Hmmm. Am I alone in wishing for an “Impending Doom” tag? Just one look [at those eyes] (wait for the earworm), that’s all it took, just one look, …. *hums as she shuffles off stage right*

64. Emmberrann says:

Apropos of non sequitur: Doesn’t Harley Davidson make a model of motorcycle called the “Fatboy”?

65. Rumor is that Pyrit might be British or Canadian?

66. warrior rabbit says:

There is a picture of him on FB with a squirrel right in front of him! And yet he maintains the loaf position.