The Launch of the Mewsitania

It’s a beautiful day for the christening, as well-wishers gather at the dock, waving flags of many nations. And I can see the crew is aboard, so we eagerly await the ceremonial smashing of the milk bottle across the prow…

And now we cut to camera three for a LAUNCH-HANCE!

Taken by Flickr user Tyler Karaszewski, who adds “This boat hangs in the back of an outdoor restaurant at the harbor in Oia (Greece). A mother cat had chosen it as the location to raise her kittens.”

Comments

1. Awww bless them!!! Ship ahoy! :)

2. I’m afraid I can’t join them in their cat-amaran because I might get squeesick.

3. cyberpunkrocker says:

That might be a cat-astrophe

4. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

I wonder how they got up there?

5. I hope there’s a litter box for them on the poop deck.

6. AWW :D I hope the owner of that restaurant is taking good care of mommy cat and her babies :D Those kitties will certainly draw in the tourists :D

7. They sail the ocean blue,
    And their saucy ship’s a beauty!
    They sail and purr and mew;
    They’re a pair of tiny cuties!

8. All paws on deck!

9. Nice Owl and Pussycat reference FTW!

“The Owl looked up to the stars above,
    and sang to a small guitar.
    ‘O, lovely Pussy, O, Pussy, my love,
    What a beautiful Pussy you are,
    you are,
    you are!
    What a beautiful Pussy you are!'”

10. *groan* *snerk*

11. We must go down to the sea again
    To the lonely sea and the sky
    And all I ask is a tall ship
    And a star to steer her by,
    For our tums growl and the kits yowl for the tuna we require
    Then we’ll yowl and growl all night in a kitty choir.

12. clap clap clap clap

13. (joining skippymom in clapping)

All I could think of was Styx’s “Come Sail Away,” or Enya’s “Orinoco Flow (Sail Away),” and it’s the end of the day, and my blood sugar is low, and I couldn’t think of anything clever, but TUM and Theresa already did it for me!

14. So we can’t say Cuke Umber, but we can say Pussy? :D

15. The mod machine is f’ed.

16. Fird Birfle says:

*standing O*

17. Fird Birfle says:

Doggehs and kittehs and Boats, Oh MY !!!!

(see also Ger. Shepherd pic from the other day ….)

18. It’s WHAT’d? :lol:

19. Fird Birfle says:

farted.

*snerk*

20. My favorite sea song is this one

21. *Beavis and Butthead-like snickers*

22. It’s fried. Yeah, yeah, that’s what I meant.

23. [sad slow headshake]

24. earlybird1 says:

OH NOES!! STYX EARWORM, and it’s only 6:24 a.m. My day is doomed now. Thanks FOR NOTHING! :D

25. earlybird1 says:

Ahh that’s much better. Whew!

26. earlybird1 says:

It’s an honorable job to be ship’s cat.

27. Indeed.

“TO THE MEMORY OF TRIM
    The best and most illustrious of his race
    The most affectionate of friends,
    faithful of servants,
    and best of creatures
    He made the tour of the globe, and a voyage to Australia,
    which he circumnavigated, and was ever the
    delight and pleasure of his fellow voyagers”

28. I think of that every time I come across the poem in one of my son’s books. I have to keep my mind out of the gutter, and that is hard work. (Heh heh. I wrote “hard.” Heh)

29. Hee. My work here is done. :)

TUM’s comment had me humming Gilbert & Sullivan to myself for a long time, if it makes you feel better.

30. Can’t view the yootoobs at work, but I just found myself thinking of “Salty Dog” by Procol Harum, which is a lovely, if inappropriate (dog? really) song.

31. Fed. It’s been fed. Let’s leave it at that. :D

32. Nobody has mentioned the baby at stage right’s LIGHT blue eyes? Stage left kitteh has greenish eyes, and both kittehs look old enough for their eyes to have changed from the dark baby blue, but isn’t it kind of unusual for a kitteh this age that’s not one of the Siamese/Himalayan/Ragdoll set to have light blue eyes? Very unusual, and pretty.

33. I saw a concert once by a rock band called Salty Dog. They were terrible, and I wanted to tell their lead singer to zip his pants up because nobody needed to see his skinny gut…

34. Actually, if the boat is the stage and the kittens are facing the audience, they’re both at stage right. In the smaller picture, the light-eyed one would be toward stage left and the other stage right.
    Signed,
    Just Being An Annoying Fussypants

35. kitties look disapproving for some reason.

36. this city on the Greek island of Santorini is where i met my husband! there are kitties everywhere. after we’d walked around for a few hours, future hubby and i sat down at an outdoor cafe. he was saying something and casually reached down and scooped a kitten up on to his lap and gave her some ear scritches. i fell in love with him right then and there….

37. Any sane woman would!

38. Same here :D as well as adopt that kitten on the spot :D