Opening-night Jitters

(Wow, Stan — the house is packed! Standing room only!)

(And I think I see the theater critic from the Times in the front row!)

Nibbles and Chewy waiting for treats in bed, courtesy Sara L.

Comments

1. Sparkly eyes and little pink nosies! Awww, so adorable!

2. Lights Camera Action.

3. They are all ready for their presentation of “Ham on a Hot Tin Roof”

4. Mary (the first) says:

I think they’ve been unfairly named, surely they have other characteristics besides wanting to eat everything in sight. .. No?

5. This is why they call them…wait for it…hams!

6. Two excellent entries for Nose-vember!

7. Fird Birfle says:

“Boop” & “beep” !!!

8. The stand-ins are called Munch and Slurp.

9. Howdy, Fird! Can that be “Beep” & “boop” instead?

10. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Chewy! What a great name for a cute little rat!

11. NotAGirlOrABoy says:

I was just gonna say…. those is not ham-hams…

RATTIE FACES! *kees*

12. “Chewy” could be short for Chewbacca.

13. I miss my ratties :(

14. Another op’nin, another show!

15. *obligatory groan*

16. Let kittyadventures know that we’ve changed the title to “Rats on a Hot Tin Roof”…

17. Martha in Washington says:

There’s nose business like show business!

18. I wish I looked that cute while I was waiting for treats in bed…

19. Now I’m in the mood for ratatouille. :lol:

20. Fird Birfle says:

Works, for me :)
    As long as the recipients are cool with it — sure!

21. In fact, it is! But when it appeared that baby rat #2 was going to be named “Darth Maul” (we have boys), I distracted and redirected like crazy and we all agreed on Nibbles (otherwise known as Nibs, Niblet, Nibby, Nibbers, or Nib-Nib.

22. kibblenibble says:

Can anyone else see the whiskers twitching?

23. Ziegfeld’s in the third row!

24. ihearthamsters says:

i loves me some ratties

25. Shnozzles!

26. :) My first thought was Ratties but I have been fooled before into thinking a hammie was a rattie when it was really a Hammie so now I just automatically choose Hammy. But Ratties RULE! VIva La Templeton.. the best rattie in the whole world.

27. What’s wrong with Darth Maul? Darthy-Warthy? Darthy-Warthy-McCarthy?

28. Look at the nosies. Ratties have longer, pointy noses, and hammies are more rounded. NOSE-VEMBER!

29. just lost my last rattie. they´re perfect in every way except for their all too short life span. has made me depressed over the last 7 years to lose 11 rats. they’re all little persons and each death is as horrible as the next.

sorry to bring so much gloom… love the pic and wish I had a rat too …

30. Rattieeeeeeeeees!

31. I’m so sorry…I can empathize with how you feel. I was amazed when my little rat–Zippy–lived for 2 1/2 years, but that was still too short. I think no matter how long our beloved animal children lived, it would always be much too short. *sending comforting thoughts your way*

32. Fird Birfle says:

sympathies for Nucleus . Any companionship with animals can be enhancing.

33. Fird Birfle says:

*does a tapdance and softshoe*