Search Party

“Stanley, you check the north shore. Louise, see if he fell asleep in the reeds again. Pauline, check the playground. Ooh, when I get my feathers on that boy, he’ll wish he was never hatched.”

Somebody’s getting a stern honking to, Alexandre.

1. Mrs. Richards! Your glasses are ON YOUR HEAD!

2. Aw, c’mon. Where the heck are the Fawlty Towers fans?

3. If missing swan’s name is Basil, he might be in the ratatouille.

4. I don’t use them, it runs down the batteries. :P

5. Que?

6. You should be on Mastermind, Sybil. Next category “The Bleeding Obvious.”

7. (baby swan) “he he he, snort and giggle – I’m pretty good at hidinks!”

8. Swanny back ride! Yppeeee!

9. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Only one of the widdle duckies looks like he’s actually looking for him. The rest are all like, “No big deal, he’ll turn up someday.”

10. phred's mom says:

“duckies”????? CYGNETS!!!!!

11. Clever little cygnet! Making his mom mad while being perfectly safe.

12. Those are perfect cygnet names.

13. Fird Birfle says:

*head swivels in all directions*

“Party??? Where???” ;)

14. Why get wet when you can hitch a ride?

15. A joke my brother came up with as a kid:

Q: Why did the stork give a rotten egg to the chickens?

A: Because they wanted a rotten boy.

This picture reminded me of that childhood joke.

16. I love the one on the mom. He’s all “Balls to this swimming thing, that water’s COLD!”

17. OMG I love the narrative – this is so very true with little ones floating around. What a beautiful photo with the duckling bun in momma’s wings.

3 on the loose – grab one, spank one, and feed one, where is the other one ?. This mommy has her hands ( wings ) full.

18. ” a stern honking to” LOL!

19. Mute Swans don’t honk, lol

20. How ’bout a vicious eye-roll, then?

21. Kari Callin says:

The ultimate back swan driver! ;)

22. Baby’s got back.

23. Fird Birfle says:

24. i want a ride next!! what a cozy little transportation solution!

25. That’s some gorgeous mink stole baby is wearing.

26. Okay, too weird – the ad banner I saw run above swan photo was: “Cook raw meat and poultry to the correct temperature”.” (How do you do a shocked face icon where the hair raises up?)

27. there are definitely some unintended yuks with those ads.

28. ≡:<(

29. Awww. The cutie on her back is my favorite!

30. Love the supervisory bebbeh swan overseeing the search party!

31. Moi, Actually says:

That is one super-fabulous photo.

32. Beautious!

33. “THERE SO FLUFFFFFY”~ Despicable Me

Babies got his own speed boat.

34. “b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-toot! toooooot!”

35. aw, don’t tease the little guy. he’s just feeling a little down.

(bwa ha ha! get it? feeling “down”? made myself laugh)

36. lol @ Jen.

37. Fird Birfle says:

*waving pompoms for jen & “a little down” * :)

38. Somebody take those things away from Ferdie. She’s slinging pompom bits all over the floor.

39. *sigh* I’ll get the broom.

40. Fird Birfle says:

*continuing to wave pom-poms, irrepressibly*

and jujube (NOT that I actually mind this, I’m jist lookin’ ta start a scuffle and my knucklehead brudders aren’t around at present :) ) that’s “f*I*rdie”, to the likes of you !!!

(pays Wend, under the table)

41. …and that goofy Hans Christian Andersen had me convinced that baby swans were ugly!

42. Queen of Dork says:

Hey! It’s 11:11 11/11/11!! Yay!

*throws shiny glitter confetti all over the place*

(er…I’ll clean that up)

43. Fird Birfle says:

HERE YA GO, Q :)

44. Queen of Dork says:

Thank you, my friend!

*does community service cleaning up sparkle confetti in the Mod and Snickering Lounges* ;)

Also: HAPPY VETERAN’S DAY! Thank you, soldiers!

45. I was really unhappy that I missed 11:11 am on 11/11/11 – I was so looking forward to that! I was busily in the midst of fumming about our campus mail delivery service mistakingly giving my dept all the mail for everyone in the building for the umpteenth time. Since I’m the one who usually distributes the mail, I had to deal with it AGAINE. Hence I missed 11:11 am. I guess that’s what I get for fumming. *pouts*

*turns off pout* But I am excited that QofD got to post at 11:11 am! WooHoo! :)

46. Fird Birfle says:

*shifts to waving pompoms for zippy*

47. Queen of Dork says:

Zippy, there’s still 11:11 pm. :)

48. Fird Birfle says:

(I think Zippy no esta aqui ahora? — )

49. Queen of Dork says:

(I’m in the mod lounge. I’m cleaning up the glitter confetti in here)

50. Fird Birfle says:

(while nobody’s lookin’, I’ve slipped around the corner into the Mod Lounge to help Q with the chores ….) ;)

51. Queen of Dork says:

I’m still in the Mod Lounge cleaning up the confetti I threw all over the place in my exuberance (sp?). But the broom they provided me with works well and there’s really great pizza in here! As well as a table full of quiche!

52. I’m going to have to start commenting more so I can check out this mod lounge. It sounds great!

53. Queen of Dork says:

It won’t take long. The Mod Lounge is great! You’ll love it! And Sharpy always busts us out after a while. :)

54. This is my first comment after years of lurking ^_^.

55. Queen of Dork says: