It’s a Pillow, It’s a Pet

This is my new friend. Please, introduce yourself, Thelma. Well, she’s a bit two-dimensional and really not much with the conversation, but she has a soft spot for me.

I’ve noticed they don’t mind when Thelma lies on the sofa.

Violet (a 3-year-old Shiba Inu/Rat terrier mix) is having a pillow case of mistaken identity, Karen G. (latch-hook pillow by Auntie Sarah.)

Comments

1. GAH! Sweet face! Sweet face! (I would cuddle both in a New York minute)

2. “…and this is our friend, Kimiko-tan.”

3. Dogpelganger!! Arrrrrg!

4. WendyLady says:

If Thelma can be on the bed, so can I. :D

5. That is brilliant! And cute pup! What an interesting breed combo! I see that Rat Terrier freckle-belly!

6. 260Oakley says:

Thelma really bolsters my spirits.

7. Haaa!

8. Fird Birfle says:

I feel all warm and “fuzzy” looking at Thelma!!!

9. Kristen S. says:

Shiba Inu Rat Terrier mix, wow! I wonder if she has the terrier personality? Not sure what a Shiba Inu personality is like…

10. Sweet Violet, sweeter than all the roses,
    Covered all over from head to foot, covered all over with…
    Sweet Violets, sweeter than all the roses, :D

11. NurseNoir says:

Shiba Inu and Rat Terrier, huh? Makes a darling combo-pup. And… SPOTTED BELLEH! FROSTY LIPS!
    *thunk*

12. Don’t think you could just sneak that one by, Oak! :lol:

13. But will she cushion your fall?

14. I’ve known only one Shiba Inu and she was very calm and sweet, but she was a senior dog, too. I don’t know what they’re like when they’re younger.

15. Let’s throw her to the dogs and find out.

16. 260Oakley says:

You know my tough guy act is all a sham.

17. Both pictures are cute, but that second photo cracks me up. Violet just can’t quite figure Thelma out….

18. She looks like she’s thinking, “what the hayle??”

19. I think they are kissing cushion.

20. I heard Thelma has been on the pillow for a few months.

21. Hey, it’s hip to be square.

22. We know. in fact, we think you’re a real purl.

23. skippymom says:

??

24. skippymom says:

When Skippy was younger and my mother used to make hooked rugs, she made him a mat just the size of his body with a picture of him lounging on it, and he used to lounge on it. He doesn’t use it anymore, but we still have it.

25. rat terriers! rat terriers! rat terriers! rat terriers! rat terriers! rat terriers! rat terriers! rat terriers! rat terriers! rat terriers! rat terriers! rat terriers! rat terriers! rat terriers! rat terriers! rat terriers! rat terriers! rat terriers! (i like rat terriers.)

26. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

She’s saying to herself, “That doesn’t look anything like me.”

27. Omigosh. This absolutely killed me. Laughing so hard at the hovertext.

28. Really? I would never have guessed ;)

29. I think the dog I found outside the animal hospital last week may have been a rat terrier. I may stop tonight to see whether they can tell me what happened with him.

30. Mary (the first) says:

This is so sweet! Those people are lucky to have an Auntie Sarah to spoil them all. And lucky to have Violet.

31. That’s a song, S-Mom! You don’t know it?

The old lady died in the bathtub,
    She died in a terrible fit,
    In order to fulfll her wishes
    She was buried in six feet of
    Sweet Violets . . . :mrgreen:

32. baby birdie says:

I’m kind of surprised that no one has yet noticed that the post title refers to the Pillow Pet commercial.

33. Sometimes my cultural references are sorely lacking, compared to yours, Theresa.

p.s. I like my new nickname, S-Mom.

34. Wow, Theresa. Thanks for the mega blast of nostalgia! Sweet Violets was onecof our go-to roadtrip songs! We hollered the heck outta that one!

35. is that like a Wendy’s Frosty? yum!

36. Fird Birfle says:

D’awwww comme c’est doux !!!! :)

37. Fird Birfle says:

– erm, perhaps SLIGHTLY different?? ….. 8-O

38. Fird Birfle says:

the new nickname kinda has some street cred.

Maybe you can be a gangsta, now. Get a few gold teef ….

39. Fird Birfle says:

hey Sharpy — could you please clarify your position on, say, rat terriers???

Thanks.

40. skippymom says:

I already have one gold tooth!

41. I’m coming to join you puppeh !
    dive……Dive……. DIVE!!!!!!!!

42. victoreia says:

*snerk*

43. Jenn in IL says:

Shibas are stubborn and clever and fairly aloof to strangers. My Shiba loves people that come into our home, but doesn’t really care about people on walks or in public. They’re also a hunting breed in Japan, so that terrier tenacity is in them to a point as well.

My Saki knows what “Get out of the kitchen.” means, so she’ll back up until just the VERY TIP of her front paws are still on the tile but the rest of her is on the living room carpet. Then she sits down and stares at me, daring me to tell her to back out further. I personally think it’s hilarious, because anyone who knows a Shiba knows that they have a “look” that’s almost human. I swear she knows what she’s doing.

Very clever, Shibas.

44. I think getting a pillow with that sort of image on it (mutatis mutandis for humans) is a Japanese thing. Must be the shiba inu half showing through.

45. kibblenibble says:

Please let us know, “S-mom.”

46. bookmonstercats says:

I can’t make out from the resolution, JME, but the cushion looks either hand knitted or cross-stitched. Either way, I’m guessing that Violet’s photograph has been used to make a pattern for a knitter or stitcher to follow.

47. i know it is hilarious!!!