My Idea of Teamwork

You bake ‘em, I’ll eat ‘em. I think I can get behind this, Mom.

Daisy Dog baking cookies, from Viva W.

Comments

1. What an adorable expression! And I just want to smooch those freckles!

Another Daisy…

2. Kari Callin says:

” Mix together 1 cup corn meal, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 3 rawhides, then slowly add the cat until well combined. No, REALLY, that’s what it SAYS! Would I make this up?!?!”

3. Gorgeous girl. Love the beauty marks!

4. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Another selfless act of hard work…

5. Darleenk! *keess*

6. Fird Birfle says:

what? Is victoreia involved, here???? ;)

7. Love the cat shaped cookie cutter!

8. She has cookies in front of her on the table but she’s looking to the side I’m guessing at her “mama”. Now that’s LOVE!!
    And some folks wonder why we have furry children..

9. Fird Birfle says:

How pretty and/ or handsome Daisy is!!!
    Looks 96 % like our wunnerful, wunnerful Family Dogue “Skipper”.

*sigh*

He was (almost entirely pure) Brittany Spaniel (altho’ just a touch more “beefy” than the standard Br. Spaniel pix I see when I look up the breed)….and this Dogue’s spots are just a shade more copper-y than Skipper’s (which were the color called “liver”).

Only time I ever saw my dad (Capt. D. P. Thomas, USN, Ret.) cry, was the day when we all agreed that Skipper’s comfort/ quality of life had deteriorated, to a level of discomfort that we didn’t want him to have to endure, and our family vet put him down, after about 17 years of keeping us warm and keeping us company.

RIP Dad; RIP Skipper.

10. skippymom says:

That is one gorgeous spaniel.
    Hey, did I ever tell y’all that I used to have a little business making homemade dog biscuits? They were quite popular and sold in several stores where I used to live. Never figured out what sort of treats one could make for cats, though.

11. “Nope, nope, I’m reading the serving size right here. It says it’s perfectly fine for me to eat them all at once.”

12. skippymom says:

Awww. I’m sure Skipper is keeping Capt. Thomas company now.

13. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Nooooo….

14. soo many lovely pupperses named Daisy! I love them all :D
    especially the freckles on this one!

15. p.s. thanks a lot, you guys, I’m having to go back and double-check all my documents I’ve drafted for work lately, to make sure I hadn’t been the date as Nosevember. caught it once already…
    *grumble grumble*

16. oh no! I haven’t been in the mod lounge in AGES. Can Daisy come help me bake some snacks?

17. been writing the date, whoops

18. victoreia says:

Eh?

19. Tracylee, it’s Chicago-style hot dogs today!

20. yummmm! No onions please :)

21. Hahaha!

22. Is this Dogs Named Daisy Week on CO?

23. preshe eyes and I’ll nom on those ears for dinner please.

24. That’s a spaniel attitude alright :) Our English Springer has been ill, he’s been crazy about the next-door bitch in heat – but he’s never lost his appetite.

He’d surely love skippymom’s homemade dog biscuits :)

25. Yeah I love me a Brittany myself. The AKC dropped the spaniel part in the 1990’s and put them in the pointer class. Brittany’s are a great combo of clown, snuggle bunny and outdoor dog that I love. When my dog is not snuggling or making me laugh she is begging to go for a walk preferably somewhere she can run. Lucky for her we live near an off leash area with about 90 acres from her to run around. I am so glad I have her as she inspires me to get out and get some exercise.
    If you want to see her she is here http://www.flickr.com/photos/kkarn/907779910/
    Which reminds me I really have to update my flickr.

26. OH MY! what an exquisite spaniel! (I’m such a HUGE fan). Daisy you look so innocent but I bet you’re a bundle of mischief!

27. kittens not kids says:

MY cats generally want whatever it is *I’m* trying to eat. Though waffles/pancakes, or anything involving melted cheese, are generally very popular.

28. flutter-by says:

Gosh, Fird…I completely missed this post yesterday and had to tell ya somehow that your story about Skipper and your Dad has me sniffling and teary!

Very sweet way to remember your wunnerful Dogue Skipper and your father! Thanks for sharing…

29. Daisy looks so sincere. She wouldn’t eat any of those, she just wants to help.

30. Canine quality control.

31. what a sweetie pie doggie!

32. Awww, really sorry. 17 years is a fantastic age!

33. Gigi is on the nail it is her mama! I love my baby girl! Awww, really sorry, fird birfle. 17 years is a fantastic age!

34. sunnylessmum says:

She is beautiful! So happy to hear she can run to her heart’s content :)

35. Is it just me, or does the dog resemble in startling particular Ella from _Let the Right One In_?