And Now, a Chicken Riding a Tortoise

Look, we don’t know why, OK? Sometimes these things just happen.

1. Why did the chicken cross the road? Because he was too lazy to get off the back of the tortoise.

2. No, chicken is a generic term for all this breed of fowl….”hen” is a female and “rooster” is a male.

3. Aren’t all chickens females?

4. Chicken jumps off 2 feet short of finish line. Wins race!

5. Is “chicken riding a tortoise” the new “pink elephant?”

6. No, I think that’s the mariachi band in front of the beluga tank.

7. Exactly what I was thinking!

8. The new animal kingdom taxi?

9. Like the Tumblr Frogs on Bikes: Because, Why Not?

10. I love the complete randomness of the internet. So many wacky things are now available at the click of a mouse! Ha.

11. Sometimes you just gotta ride a tortoise. I’ve *always* said that.

12. BatBlaster says:

Like that hyrax did u mean

13. Damn freeloading chickens.

14. warrior rabbit says:

Hmm, but they also stop bunny fights, so they are contributing members of society.

15. My sister had a pet hen when we were kids – she made sure the cats knew their place.

16. ZOMG I love that video SO MOISHE!

17. WTH was that?!

18. victoreia says:

“All right, break it up, kids!”

19. Holy carp! That was unbelievable! It looked like the one chicken was giving a “talking to” to the spotted bun. Ha. 8O

20. That one chicken really read the bunny the riot act. Talk about disapproval!!

21. “Reading the Riot Act”– one of my favorite expressions!

BTW, there really was a Riot Act, and it really got read. Here ya go:
    “Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains contained in the act made in the first year of King George, for preventing tumults and riotous assemblies. God Save the King!”

22. yeah, i’m sure that worked…

23. Fird Birfle says:

@ ceejoe: heh heh and ha HA!!!!

I think you would make an AWESOME emcee at a show of standup comedians!!!
    (‘course, we would need to be certain to book Theresa to give the dissertation about Riot Acts, to make it go just right :) )

24. I want to live where there are free roaming buns and chickens.

25. skippymom says:

That is the best movie I have ever seen.

26. What movie? Did I unintentionally quote something?

27. No, I meant the video of the chickens and the rabbits. It’s just a dumb thing I sometimes say when somebody posts a cool video.

28. Oh. Yes, I thought it was awesome too. I used to let the bun-bun I had for a short time roam free in the house with the cats (when I was home) and it was an absolute hoot.

29. oh my gosh. That was great. Not only did the roughhousing get broken up, there was a talking to to spotted bun.

30. Love the “bok!” at the end. Like the chicken is saying “so there”. Awsome.

31. 260Oakley says:

I think that’s the new Mercedes Henz. Looks like the driver forgot to release the cluck before stepping on the gas.

32. 260Oakley says:

It could also be an Egg Rolls-Royce.

33. :D

34. Hahahahahaah!

35. funny, funny, funny. We may not know why the chicken crossed the road but we at least know his mode of transportation.

36. I would like to live on a world made of a disc supported by four great elephants, all standing on the back of a great space turtle, swimming through the infinite void.

But a world supported by a chicken standing on a tortoise might not be too bad as a cut-rate substitute.

37. A tad wobbly, maybe, but hey, who am I to be picky?

38. No, but I think you might be too pecky.

39. It’s turtles all the way down!

40. bob drummond says:

41. Yay! another Discworld lover!! I <3 the discworld novels.

42. Ours is not to reason why….

43. I loff cheekens!!!!!

44. Fird Birfle says:

er — okay …. :)

Chicken? cute.
    Tortoise? Mega- cute.

so; okay :)

45. Seems logical to me.

46. I wonder if the tortoise even realizes that he has a chicken on his back. LOL how embarrassing!

47. I think that turtle is smiling!

48. skippymom says:

He’s definitely smiling! He’s happy!

49. He’s wearing a chicken fascinator!

50. Well why not? He’s all, “look at me stylin’ my fall chicken wardrobe!”

51. Made my day.

52. Nothingks unusual here!

53. ~Cottleston Cottleston Cottleston Pie
    Why *does* a chicken?
    *I* don’t know why!
    As me a ridddddddddle….and I replyyyyy…
    Cottlestomn Cottleston Cottelston Pie!~

A.A. Milne

54. skippymom says:

A fly can’t bird, but a bird can fly!

55. victoreia says:

:D I love Pooh’s wisdom!

56. <3

57. Flutter-by says:

Geez, I clicked comment and honestly don’t know what to say about this……~~deep thoughts~~

58. Flutter-by says:

Oh yah, such skill riding side-shelled…

that is all…

59. bob drummond says:

60. bob drummond says:

That chicken should be wearing a black cape and a mask …

61. (The Original) Mel says:

That’s just silly.

62. Fird Birfle says:

and I, for one, am DELIGHTED about it!!!

63. Did someone (maybe the chicken!) paint the driveway to match the tortoise’s shell markings, or did they get the tortoise to match the driveway’s color? (“Yes, I’m looking for a new ride – perhaps something flashier? I’ve always driven terrapins, but they’re kinda boxy and… boring, you know? I’m over coop(e)s now – want to spread my wings! A convertible? That’s perfect! Oooo, turquoise and cream! It’ll look stunning on my new driveway!”)

Or maybe that tortoise is part chameleon!!?!

Curiouser and curioser…

64. luvstehQte says:

that was my exact thought! did they paint the concrete to match the tortoise? i didn’t even know tortoises CAME in that color combination. *contemplates the possibility of getting a tortoise and painting a matching habitat…*

65. The chicken almost seemed to be like, “Whoa, WHOA, HEY! Slow DOWN there, Bud!”

66. Aw, you guys deleted my comment. No wee-wee jokes here? All I said was I had ____ envy, that blank being the name of this type of parrot. Harumph.

67. Makes you wonder who’s riding the hare.

68. Catsquatch says:

They painted the tortise to match the concrete…..
    Only on earth……

69. It’s poultry in motion. (ducks to avoid shoes and tomatoes)

70. Fird Birfle says:

My response to fleurdamour’s punchline follows below:

71. HA!

72. Sorry, I know I’m late to the party. It’s cause mah head esploded!

73. Why did the chicken ride on the turtle? Well, would it have worked the other way around?

74. Sorry, should have been :

Why did the chicken ride on the tortoise?

75. This chicken is riding a tortoise.

Your argument is invalid. :)