A Sweet and Juicy Affair

Oh, my darling, I love you more than any parrot has ever loved a watermelon. Alas, my sweetness, our time together is short, but I promise to nibble you oh, so gently.

C.H. says: “Here is my adorable Pionus, Lola. Whatever Lola wants…”

Comments

1. Matchingks!

But, isn’t this a repost?

2. Yeah, this is a repost… I’ve seen it before.

3. I have seen that expression on the face of my parrot when confronted by a watermelon …. or a bowl of apples …… or a stick of celery …… or a slice of pizza.

4. 260Oakley says:

My watermeloncholy baby

5. I call Matchingks!!

6. I would like to see a beak-hance.

7. WendyLady says:

Ah the sweet bliss of it all! Sniff… brings a tear to the eye……now where’s my fork. It’s melon time peoples!

8. I think it’s really hilarious that the ad at the top of the page when I opened it was “Keep your family safe from food-poisoning,” as the bird leans on the watermelon.

9. Love the look of pure ecstasy on hees leetle face!

10. hahaha awwww so in loff!

11. Flutter-by says:

Yes, a beak-hance would clarify teh tongue!! I luff Parrot tongues! They’re neat-o…

Just my opinion….

12. Boy… that bird is in sweet watermelony blissful heaven.

13. photonmom says:

Yep. Here is the original CO post

This photo is worth a repost IMO.

14. Fird Birfle says:

I am in agreeance (?) with you. Parrot tongues are, indeed, neat – O !! :)
    (To me, it’s a sidebar of parrots being neat – O, overall!!)

15. [waving pompons, but not stomping feet on bleachers this time]
    BEAK-HANCE! BEAK-HANCE! BEAK-HANCE!

16. HAW

17. I always found them rather alarming, like something so big shouldn’t live in there. 8O

18. What I do like, however, is parrot eyes, especially how they look when closed. For some reason, they look especially sweet with closed eyes.

19. Careful how you wave my pompoms there, ceejoe, you’re gonna put an eye out. :P

20. I just read all those comments too. lol. Whatever happened to Hon Glad?

21. “ohh almost parrot-eyes, we’re knockin on heaven’s door!”

22. Oh, and there’s a beak-hance there!!!

23. You sound just like my dad used to… “It’s funny till someone loses an eye!”

24. This pic made my day. The look on her face is priceless :)

25. “Two Tickets to Parrot-Eyes”
    “Parrot-Eyes By The Dashboard Light”

“Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets, and little melon, little Lola wants YOU.”

26. I miss him, too. Baroooooooo!

27. BWAHAHAHAHA!

Fresh fruit in the Mod Lounge!

28. What ad? [pats his ad blocker]

29. Kari Callin says:

If you hold a watermelon to your ear, the sounds of the see-d will hypnotize you, making you sleeepy…..

30. Me, too! Methinks Mr. Melon is actually the egg that hatched wee Polly there.

31. Becareful what kind of foods to feed your pets. Find out what kind of foods to keep your dogs away from! http://degarcia465.wordpress.com/2011/10/24/chocolate-thieves/

32. Woah. Should be leave them alone together?

33. Francesca says:

That is one blissed out parrot. I think I get that look when I’m alone with a cold stone peanut butted cup perfection. >_< mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

34. I would like a new tag: ‘Bliss’ [or ‘Buhleeezzz’ if you must]

But ‘butted cup? I don’t want to know!

35. I’m called Little Butted Cup,
    Dear Little Butted Cup,
    Though I could never tell why…

36. I have Pionus envy.

37. don’t worry, it’s just a Freudian slip! :)

38. Fird Birfle says:

wow Noelegy is on a TEAR!!!!

(that’s as in “torn” , not as in “crying” ; ) )

39. omg.
    i demand photographic evidence!

40. HA!

41. Oh. My. God. I never see pictures of Pionus parrots (I have a little guy named Logan). Awesome.