Nosevember already? Sinus up!

Let’s get whiff it! Presenting …a cute peegeh! What a cute li’l smeller.

Are you suggesting some of us aren’t cute?

Thank you for helping us keep our nose, er, clean dullhunk, and be_khe !

Comments

1. Eeee! Porcellini!!!

2. sinus up?! can’t decide whether to groan or chortle…
    both, I think.
    *attempts*

3. Pigeeeee noses!!!

4. victoreia says:

Just the thought of trying to do both at the same time hurts my head.

5. Dat bud bakes by dose stuft up.

6. I smell a fantastic month coming up!! Yay!

7. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

He also has wrinkly little earsies in the second pic.

8. doomchild says:

The lower picture is just_simple_happiness. She’s just “What? What do you mean I can’t sleep on the bed tonight?”

9. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Pigs are awesome, especially when they’re enjoying their mud.

10. … trying to do it hurts worse…
    totally inadvisable.

11. Martha in Washington says:

Pig Two is the picture of pure bliss! I think Pig One is a tad jealous.

12. leaves of cat grass says:

oh, the schnozzles we’ll see!

13. Someone needs a wet-nap… :)

14. My guess would be that someone has had a “wet nap”…

15. skippymom says:

tracylee, try groaning and chortling at the same time while twirling around really fast!

16. skippymom says:

Raise your hand if you have ever given a pig a big smooch on the nose! (raising hand)

17. I’m wondering what it is that pigs enjoy so much in the mud? Speaking as someone who’s never had a good mud wallow. What have I been missing? And if I had pet pig would I need to provide mud or are there acceptable subsitutes like nice clean straw?

18. Bluebird, pig skin is quite susceptible to sunburn, and the mud coating protects from that, as well as cooling. Also, numerous anipals use a good mud bath to help slough off dead skin cells, parasites, and even dried sweat along with the flaking dried mud. Hope this is… well, clear as mud!! :D
    (Sorry, couldn’t stop myself). :twisted:

19. Ohh, the “mod squad” is in rare form today.
    *wanders over to the buffet tables to see what’s new*

20. warrior rabbit says:

Remember that giant commentroversy? With the kid doing just that? Ah, memories. Good times. Good times.

21. Awwwwwww…….the first one is adorable. The second one looks as if it’s having too much fun.

22. skippymom says:

Actually, I wasn’t remembering that until you mentioned it. Yeah, the days when we had huge ugly commentroversies around here were so much fun.

I did have a pig, Daisy, visit my library a few years ago. Her farmer would read the kids some of Daisy’s favorite books, and part of the deal when hiring them was that the librarian had to give her a kiss at the end. It was great.
    Sadly, Daisy has since gone to the bridge.

23. skippymom says:

Triple martini over here!

24. skippymom says:

joining Wend to pick through selection of leftover Halloween candy

25. Fird Birfle says:

skippymom is sounding more and more like QoD !!!

26. Hand proudly held up.

27. Fird Birfle says:

so, den, you DOdt hab a cod id yor dose ??? :)

28. Fird Birfle says:

Here ya go, Wend:

29. Fird Birfle says:

oh daggonit the cottonpickinrazzmdazzmfrazzmcompooterthingummybob isn’t sorting things under the thingamabob where we’re puttin’ em.

*grr*

30. northchannel says:

Why do pigs wallow in mud? Unlike cats and dogs, pigs cannot cool themselves by panting. Nor can they sweat enough to cool themselves off, as humans do. To lower their body temperature, pigs roll in something cool, such as mud or water. Pigs usually prefer mud because it also protects them from sunburn and insect bites.

31. I see that the mod lounge has removed bacon from the buffet today…

32. skippymom says:

pats Leslie on the head

33. 260Oakley says:

I’d like to give a snout out to Pyrit for this excellent pig post. I can’t decide which piggy is cuter, so I guess you could say that they are hog-tied.

34. Lewis n' Clark says:

My guess is that that someone thinks he is having a wet nap right now!

35. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Pigs can’t sweat and so they use the evaporation of water-like substances (mud in its varying thicknesses) to help draw off body heat. It also acts as a sunscreen. That’s why people think piggies are dirty, but really they’re just *cool.*

Elephants and many other mammals do this, too. Dogs can only pant or sweat from their feet to cool down. When it’s too hot for that, they need to lie in water or get hosed down so they can cool down. Since panting releases huge amounts of water, they also need to drink more in warm weather.

We humans sweat all over, as we all know, so it’s easier for us to cool down. You know how cold you can feel on a cold day when your feet or head or hands get wet. That’s unwanted cooling down, but it works in warm temps, too. Hope that helps.

36. It also helps keep the bugs from biting them when they are coated in mud. However, I imagine most pet pigs would be indoors and would not need such protection from mosquitoes, flies, and excess sunshine.

37. For coolness and bug protection! Now I know. Thanks!

38. Flutter-by says:

Ah…Nosevember brings such a wonderful selection of schnozzolas! I particularly like the diversity in porcine nozes.

39. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

You mean like this????? Child kisses pig

40. I haven’t….but I want to….does that count?

41. warrior rabbit says:

Yes, that picture… but here on CO. Many nuffers showed up that day.

42. *groan* :)

43. Pigs are kewl. :)

44. Fird Birfle says:

kin Ah get a “WhEEEEEEEeeeee!!!!!11!!!” ??????????

45. Fird Birfle says:

– and that’s a MARVELOUS thing !!!! :)

46. Fird Birfle says:

(how did skippymom figger out mah reeee-yul nayme????)

47. Fird Birfle says:

second the observation.

48. SNORTLE!

49. Should I “EW”?

50. Fird Birfle says:

ALSO, @ BLUEBIRD:

b/c it’s THERE !!!!

51. And remember when you twirl to wear your twirly skirt/dress.

It is the little things, that make life so much more fun!

52. Did I miss the waffles in the mod lounge today?!

53. Plus It is Really really fun… Haven’t you ever went mud puddling when you were a kid. you know stomping around in a glorious mud puddle… IF not you should .. IT is really fun.. especialy when you aren’t worrying about your clothes.

54. Such Happy Pigs. :)

55. that pic never fails to makes me laugh.

I for one don’t miss the commentroversies one bit. they get very old very fast…

56. Fird Birfle says:

“in questo modo??” :)

57. Fird Birfle says:

did somebody say “Schnozzola”(s)????

58. YAY! The Florence pig! i saw him IN PERSON! :D

59. warrior rabbit says:

How did Daisy make her favorite books known? Did she p-oink them out? Anyhow, that sounds lovely! Like Dewey, but… less fluffy. (I read that Dewey book and cried and cried. Now I see they’re advertising another one.)

60. Fird Birfle says:

“WHEEEeeeEEEEE!!!!”

Related: is that a piggy squeal soud???

61. There’s a replica in Buchart Gardens, British Columbia, too. Cute!