Good Eefneenf!

I, Nofferatu, haff riffen frum teh grafe, firfty for fumfink I can fink my teef into!

Edit: Mandie W. is not just the sender-inner; she goes to bat for bats, and other critters every day!
She “hangs out” at Animal Ark Rescue and all donations are very welcome!

Mandie W., all we can say is, fangks dahlink.

1. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Before anyone says he’s not cute, I’ll tell you. He’s cute. (Unless it’s a she.) Bats are amazing.

2. Fird Birfle says:

I is skeered ‘o him/ her/ battie-thing!!!!

(Not really, but it is *JUST* a bit eccentric-lookin’ ….)

3. This really is a cute bat! I think nearly all bats are cute, but I think even people who aren’t fond of their looks could agree about this one! Love the tips of brown on the lighter fur. This looks like a hoary bat. Can anyone confirm?

4. Nope, this is a red bat. ;)

5. Totally cute. I just read that it costs $44 to save one baby animal. Must be all of those binkies they give bats to suck on. Donation coming baby batties….

6. I love bats – definitely cute. I wonder if he would be horrified if he were able to see the true techno-colored blankie though. :D

7. Blue Footed Booby says:

You know bats aren’t blind, right?

8. Fird Birfle says:

are they perhaps color-blind, is there any way to know?

Clueless in Fla

9. *Professor glasses on* Studies have shown that the mega bats–fruit bats and flying foxes–do have some color vision. (Makes sense since they use vision and smell to find fruit etc.) Apparently micro bats, who do use echolocation, don’t have cones, just rods. For more info see link below. :-)

10. Fird Birfle says:

so informatif !!!! :)

Domo arigato, kazai mashta, 6rabbits !!!!

11. Eh, yeah, but some bats are better at echolocation than relying on visuals. For a funnier bat story than Professor 6bats link:

12. Dearest Pyrit,
    Thank you for all the puns!

I Luff puns.

also Bats are beyond awesome.

and this one is very cute!

13. Blue Footed Booby says:

I’m just gonna leave this here

14. Blue Footed Booby says:

I like bats a whole lot
    Very Cute Bat

In the process of finding those, I discovered this site’s counterpart:

16. Fird Birfle says:

17. Fird Birfle says:

Theresa, have you ever considered donning one of those lovely white jackets with the extra-roomy arms???

JK the bebbeh bats w/ binkies are ridiculously crazy cute and ackshually I don’t know if I evaire saw that one b4 ….

18. Fird Birfle says:

*Hereby voted the Two Bestest Cute/ Bat Vids EVAIRE!!!*

19. Bats so cute, always look like some Chihuahua experiment gone terribly wrong, or right. It’s a bird!! It’s a dog!! I’m sure someone can come up with a fab hybrid name.

20. That is an adorable fox bat! Hope it got a bath after the melon though, those are sticky as all get out.

21. Squeeeee!

22. Love bats! They are as useful as pockets on a shirt, That is to say, VERY useful! They pollinate, like, a jillion different crops & eat bugs that would otherwise bug us Yeay, bats!

23. Oops! Please mentally put a period after “us”. TYVM

24. kibblenibble says:

I respectfully request a COXLBTCU (Cute Overload extreme leetle bat tongue close up) :-)

25. I second that!

26. SECOND!

27. A second second… double, double, toil and trouble…

28. victoreia says:

29. Look, it’s a leetle bat tongue CU!

30. kibblenibble says:

Yaaay! Thanks, close up giver! I love you, whoever you are!! :-)

31. Martha in Washington says:

I love the color of his face and he looks so fluffy! Fluffy Bats…Gotta Lov’em!

32. awww he looks so soft. Is that a bit of floof I see on his wings??

33. he looks like a dragonfruit or some variety of kiwi :3

34. I frought he was a duck for a while…oops.

35. I love bats and this little ball of fluff D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y deserve to be on CO!

36. Fird Birfle says:

PS: in hovertext = “guano” = he he

37. thelibrarianne says:

Last spring I was working in New Mexico building trails and doing cave preservation, and we worked with this crazy bat lady who adopted bats that couldn’t fly. She carried them around her vest and would bring them out and coo at them at random moments throughout the day. I can’t say I blame her, because they were adorable. She let me feed them once, and the little chomping noises made me die.

38. Bat lady. cat lady. Hmmm.

39. thelibrarianne says:

Crazy animal ladies come in all forms; I can’t wait to be one someday. Her husband also worked with us, and every time she pulled out a bat, he would roll his eyes and sigh. Poor Bat Husband.

40. Friend bat! \o/ I want to snuggle his (her?) floofy little head and feed him (her?) a cricket. Or an apricot, whichever he (she?) prefers.

41. Flutter-by says:

Z.R. I tawt I taw a duckie too!

First thought – izzat a bat, then saw hovertext and saw guano! *snerk*

42. Mary (the first) says:

At first glance I thought the bright pink, yellow, green was some part of his/her body.. very scary!! Once I figured it out, definitely cute.

43. victoreia says:

*snort* (but in the nicest possible way, ‘cuz GMTA)

44. Flutter-by says:

Looks like Grampa Munster hair too.

45. Kari Callin says:

What are you looking at?! What?! I’m scared of flying, so what? This, uhhhh, it’s in case I have an overnight flight….SHUT UP! It is NOT a security blankie!

46. Fird Birfle says:

47. Flutter-by says:

Vanquished to the Mod Lounge again. What’s on the menu today Sharpy? Izit ’cause I repeated GUANO?? That’s really poopy of the mod machine…give it a swat with a wooden bat or a swift kick for me, K?

48. Maybe the mod machine went batty! Yuk Yuk Yuk.

49. emmberrann says:

Bats good! Bugs bad! Bugs tries to eat me! Bats eat bugs! Bats good!

50. IMHO, any creature (bat, bird, spider, whatever) that eats skeeters and flies is one of God’s favored creations. I’m proud to be amongst so many chiroptophiles!

51. So cute!! No close-up tongular pic though?

52. Okay, I want to know what kind of bat this little darling is! Thought it was an eastern red bat, but it doesn’t look enough like the pictures :(.

53. Nosferatuttifrutti

54. HA!

55. awww! And a new tag too!

56. Yay, I keep on saying you guys need more bats. Btw, tommorow I’ll be one and also try the egyptian fruit bat, they are adorable.

57. Space Cowgirl says:

I think you’re cute too, baby! Bats are stinkin’ adorable!

58. Not cute to me. :(

59. Look at the fur-do and the teensy tongue and the bat’s wise expression of delight! I totally just barfed rainbows. Made my day.

60. Tiggywinkle says:

Apparently the bat did, too. :)

I love bats of all shapes & sizes. This one is definitely a cutie-pie. And now I want to grow up to be a crazy bat lady!

61. Thoughts of Truman Capote or Peter Lorre.

62. I think this looks like its half-hedgehog. Insert video game joke here

63. I was going to joke it was Shadow’s kid. I play too much Sonic don’t I.

64. TY He sure was a cutie pie. And I believe he was a red bat.

65. You have a category for raccoons, but where are the bats