Oh, Bite Me

As the moon rises above the treetops, and a ghostly mist enshrouds the moors, the dreaded vampire roams the sleeping countryside, hungry for his next victim.

Casting neither shadow nor sound, he spies a transient sleeping beneath a tree.

As an inhuman hunger wells within the rancorous pit of his soul, the fiend strikes!

But with just one bite, the monster realizes he has committed the gravest breach of professional vampire courtesy: he has accidentally attacked another vampire!

Peter S. regales us: “Dachshund pup Sigge tries his zombie and werewolf moves on his ‘big brother’ Castor, a Danish-Swedish farmdog. Castor counters with his best vampire impression.”

Comments

1. Puppy has some serious vampire fangs, even if the rest of his teeth haven’t quite come in yet!

Love the hovertext too!

2. Wow! They’ve redone the moderation lounge since my last visit here. I like the new look!

3. “Blech. Tastes like dog.”

4. Chizzzzomp! My, what sharp teeth you have, my pretties!

5. The look on unsuspecting doggy’s face in pic #1 is priceless…

6. Careful you two, you were both on double secret probation. For being adorable!

7. Pic #2 has the perfect WTH expression!

8. Kari Callin says:

“And as it should be in the eternal battle between good and evil, Van Houndsling triumphs over Dachula!”

9. Absolutely love this series of pics. The hovertext on #2 is so perfect–the doggy really looks like he’s thinking, “What? What?! Hey!”

10. Pupula.

11. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

I bet those little puppy vampire teeth are shaaarp!

12. ::applause:: :D

13. Fird Birfle says:

Question: Do eyebrow dots cancel out vampire fangs???

14. They’re featuring vampire kittens over at the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee.

15. Even better with Bloodhounds… just sayin’.

16. absolutely.

17. Bleh! Bleh! Blehbleh!

18. Oh that was veddy veddy goot.

19. Alice Shortcake says:

I hope these children of the night are steaked on a regular basis.

20. bob drummond says:

AHHH! Brotherly Loooove ! Instead of slugging it out , they’re nippin it out with each other , doggie style !! Yeah, man,I luv it ! Can you all dig it ?

21. I will nomm you!

22. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

How does that comment necessitate moderation??????? Huh???

23. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

Thank you for reminding me about the IBKC. I love that site. And those kitties do look marvelously dangerous.

24. please do not question the great and terrible modz.

25. Bloddy drama unfolds in Swedish backyard…

Sigge is adorbs! Want. And Castor too. :)

26. Bloody.

27. Dachshunds are automatically cute, even when doing evil. Just sayin’

28. Fird Birfle says:

Even as an ailurophile, I gotta pretty much agree with this Policy.

29. Fird Birfle says:

NICE!

30. Fird Birfle says:

now THAT THERE is a DANG good pernt.

31. Fird Birfle says:

@ Sharpy:

32. Fird Birfle says:

WHA??? Vampyre kittayns???? ooooooooooooooooo
    [off I go....]

33. Yeah, I think the disco ball was the Queen of Dork’s idea. I’m going to bring some roller blades.

34. *snicker*

35. I can’t take my eyes off this groovy lava lamp. Looks like it has actual lava in it. 8O

36. Queen of Dork says:

NTMTOM, you crack me up. Your stories are always a delight!

37. Queen of Dork says:

I think it does, kimmaroo. Pull up a bean bag chair and let’s stare at it together! :)

38. Flutter-by says:

I second QofD’s observation !!

39. “Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain….” :-)

40. Fird Birfle says:

Are you all looking at these lava lamps or different ones?

41. I thoid QofD and Flutteby’s observation! And I think the title of this post is perfection!

42. Be careful if you look at them. They skeerded me! 8O

43. Fird Birfle says:

And I propose a toast to QoD, kimmaroo, flutter-by, Mike, vampyre Dogues, and vampyre kittayns !!!!

44. Thanks QofD! I don’t mind if I do! :-)

45. Fird Birfle says:

wow. That’s, like, so TOTALLY, like, cosmic, man. Check this OUT.
    The “brightly lit lava [has] mesmerized [me] into total relaxation and add an air of nostalgia to the room. And, [LOOK at THAT!!] During the day, Hello Kitty’s playful wink continues to brighten the area. …” 8-O

46. But we’d better pay attention to Sharpy!

47. Queen of Dork says:

Hear – hear to toast proposal! *SLURP* BURP!! (‘scuse me).

48. Flutter-by says:

Ching-ching !

49. Flutter-by says:

And fang you veddy moiche for the toast Fird and Queen…*hic*

50. Queen of Dork says:

Cheers to ya, Flutter-by! And by the way your name reminds me…I don’t know what’s going on with nature but this autumn I’ve noticed quite an unusual abundance of butterflies (sp?!) here in the desert. Beautiful! I don’t know the official name of them but they are a deep orange color in the wings and lined splendidly with black. I’ve never seen as many in the 11 years I’ve lived here. They’re so pretty. :) Nature is interesting…the first year I was here there were many, many toads and I’ve not seen that again. This year it’s butterflys.

51. Sheesh! I meant Flutter-by! I shouldn’t try to post without wearing my spectacles.

52. Those sound like Monarch butterflies. They’re amazing creatures.

53. Merci beaucoup, FB! Back at ya’, too!

54. Queen of Dork says:

Monarchs. That’s kind of what I was thinking they might be. They flutter about in groups of two or three. I’ve never seen so many of them in one place at one time. They are lovely! They look like this:

55. Queen of Dork says:

How rude. The website I tried to show is not playing very nicely. They look like this:

56. Flutter-by says:

Looks like a Monarch – they congregate in Mexico in the millions at a certain time of year…now I gotta go do some research, as you have tweaked my curiosity!

57. Flutter-by says:

In mod lounge – hi Sharpy! Howzit goin’ t’day? Enny good fuds in here??

58. Flutter-by says:

Hey Queen of Dork, when I get sprung outta the nod lounge, I did look up the Monarchs and they ARE migrating to Mexico now to winter-over there in warmer climes.

59. Flutter-by says:

Mod lounge not nod lounge, although I’m starting to nod off waiting to be released. Butt bed is lonely, although I take up most of the room on the thing – room for one cheek only ! Bummer – Suppose they’d get the pun in the UK. nyuk nyuk…

60. Queen of Dork says:

Flutter-by: Oh! Well that explains some of it. But the other part of the mystery is…why so many THIS particular year and not other years? I would have noticed an abundance of butterflies because…well, because I just pay attention to such things. But whatever the case may be, they are beautiful and I LOVE them!

61. well hallo! i’ve got an olive bar, some nice crusty sourdough rounds, and some zucchini and squash spears drizzled in olive oil and lightly grilled, a dill cucumber :) or a red roasted garlic tapenade, some figs, tangerines, pears, green apples and grapes, a cheese plate and, a martini slurpee machine.

62. Flutter-by says:

The cold weather may have changed their route this year – just speculation, though…I’m not an insect expert and don’t remember how to spell the scientific word for one either!

63. Flutter-by says:

OOH Sharpy! I just now saw the fine spread you prepared for the Mod Lounge. Guess I’ll have to type something inappropriate so I can come back!!

64. Queen of Dork says:

Me too! I saw Sharpy’s spread and am going to try to purposely get in the Mod Lounge for that yum food. So I’m going to say a word to get myself hurled into the lounge and the word is…

65. Queen of Dork says:

Uterus!!! With sides of ovaries and a penis!!! (That should do the trick) :) P.S. – I adore you, Sharpy!

66. Queen of Dork says:

Yep. That did it. :)

67. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

not upset, curious. just sayin’… ;-)

68. ahhh, go on! that’s just the liquor talkin’ ;)

69. BWAHAHAHAHA! *dies laughing**yes I am eleven*

70. Queen of Dork says:

I’m Eleventy-seven. :)

71. well, i don’t want to encourage you to run afoul of the moderation machine, however, there’s a nice perspiration forming on a few glasses nearby…

72. Queen of Dork says:

Zombies on History Channel! Zombies on History Channel!

*hides*

(happy halloween)

73. bob drummond says:

I think that’s called a FUTTON BED – and yes you will fall off of it some time during the night !!! (more than once )

74. sifumousie says:

they should’ve taggedit under impending doom.
    i’m thirsty.
    :v=

75. Bean bags really pull a room together. :P

76. YA, Shmuck,I was having a good dream about a big steak bone,now your gonna get it !