It’s Time for Cat Massage!*

Are the stresses and strains of doing… uh, whatever it is a cat does all day making you tense? Then take a just-for-you break at Shinto Sam’s House of Cat Massage! Unwind, as our patient pups ply you with pleasingly pulverizing paws and kronche those stiff ears until they’re “kitten soft.”

* This headline should bring back unpleasant memories for long-time readers.

1. What an incredibly patient kitty…. Of course, he may simply be stunned by the amazing cuteness of the puppy, like I am.

2. Really? Moderation? It’s my first time in the mod lounge, I hear there’s chocolate….

3. You will loooove the Mod Lounge. Love it. I’m just putting the cinnamon on top of the cappucino.

4. I want a t-shirt. Really, I want a t-shirt that says, “Chillin’ in the Moderation Lounge”. I envision it being a baby-chick-yellow colored shirt with a sort of 50’s mod lounge look, and a line drawing of a hamster in a martini glass. I want to be able to buy this t-shirt and wear it when looking at my “Men of Cute Overload” calendar. Really.

5. I’ll take one, as well.

Remember to sell big sizes too. I’m curvy, sure, but i like my shirts big and comfy too, so I upsize my T shirts! Don’t forget us big gals (and guys) too when you print up them Mod Lounge shirts! :D

Oh, and…really.

Ooooh! Ohhh! Sponsor a : ‘Design the Mod Lounge Shirt Contest’! Winner gets a free shirt and bragging rights! Maybe even pick 2 or 3 designs. Genius? Yes, thank you.

6. Oh c’mon, I would so buy a Mod Lounge t-shirt. When was the last time you had someone begging to pay you money for a product (other than the cute overload calendar of course).

7. Sign me up too please…..really.

8. Fird Birfle says:

I’ll just put down the word “really”, b/c everybody else has done so :)

9. I say go for it. Please, please, please, Meg!

10. Sign me up, too! For all three of them. Two of each.

11. Sign me up for the tee and the coffee table book. Really. :-)

12. And also the MoCOC. Also really. :-)

13. and while perusing the Best of NOMTOM coffee table book. Really. ;)

14. that would so rock.

15. I like kitteh’s look at the end….

16. The look says, I will kill you while you sleep for bringing this thing into my domain.

17. Just what i was thinking too…..

18. That’s it in a nutshell. What a patient cat!

I actually thought that was a little robotic puppy at first. It’s just too cute to be real.

19. Hehe, apparently though in the owner’s comments she/he says the cat is a stray (aw…) and that it really likes this little puppy. No doubt because it provides a lot of affection that the cat is maybe lacking.

20. AWW :D I hope the owner of the puppy will adopt that nice stray cat :D From the looks of this video, the puppy would just love to have the cat as a friend :D

21. Dr. Emile Schoeffhausen says:

That look is officially called “withering.”

22. Now that is one tolerant cat — possibly the only one in existence. My cats would have shredded that puppy inside of 15 seconds.

23. LOL

24. Krusher, you have not seen the videos of the ginger cat and the baby, have you? The kid is trying to eat the cat and drools on his tail … But kitty just stays cool. Perhaps they know that pups and babies are some odd sort of kittens and therefore must not be shredded…

25. Here is an updated link to the unpleasant cat massage memory:

26. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Thank you! (That video was there at its former address as of yesterday when I wrote this article. How odd.)

27. the original post should work now, too ;)

28. When I read the title, I assumed it was going to be a repost of that insane woman. What a treat to see the puppy and big patient cat.

29. I take it we’re not allowed to use the word “insane”.

30. No, apparently that was not the problem. Anyway, I’m having a bluefish smoothie with a shot of Nyquil on the side.

31. Especially when you drop a jalapeno or two into the blender.

32. That’s OK, ceejoe. After I eat three or four canisters of Pringles, I lose my taste for them for a while.
    Have you tried the bluefish smoothie? It’s quite something.

33. no more Pringles left – I ate them all yesterday.

34. I don’t know for sure, of course, but that stripey fella (LOVE the stripes, BTW) has the big ol’ haid of an unneutered tom. Which makes his patience with the insanely adotable little nuisance even more remarkable.

35. Georgiabelle says:

Wait what? Do their heads shrink once they’re neutered?

36. Snerk. No, it’s more like they don’t grow. If the kitty is neutered before puberty, it doesn’t get the big head; if not neutered, or done after puberty, he will get a big head with jowls.

37. love the ‘snerk’…lol

38. Hee! I just have to say that the phrase “big ol’ haid” made me gigglesnort.

39. Ha! My thoughts exactly – both about the big ol head, and his extreme patience!

40. The pup looks like one of those mechanical walking toys that barks and turns a backwards somersault: overandoverandover again.

41. I thought the same thing. How do we know that puppeh is even real? Could just be more Japanese cute technology designed to turn our soft American brains to mush.

42. I remember those: YAP. YAP. YAP. (flip) YAP. YAP. YAP. (flip)

43. Fird Birfle says:

44. I was about to ask if one of those boxes in the background was the one the puppy came in.

45. I THINK I know what got me in the Mod Lounge… I think I’ll try one of those bluefish smoothies.

46. It’s a smoothie that bites back.. :lol:

47. How much does the dog charge per hour? I’d like him to come over to my place.

48. Ciro's mom says:

Me too! I must have that pup. Can you imagine having a puppy masseuse at your disposal?

49. Now that’s what I’d call heavy petting…

50. Fird Birfle says:

*appreciative groan*

51. Pooor Kitty. ROFL.. I love that long suffering look at the en d!

53. definitely not tinee

54. kitten parade says:

No way that puppeh is real. I call animatronic

55. Catsquatch says:

That is one seriously patient cat…..

56. Awwww! Here’s another:

57. Oh, the “You are dead to me” look on the kitty at the very end. You has gravely disappointed the feline.

(Out of curiosity, am I the only one who is tempted to type in random forbidden words to see if I get landed in the mod lounge? No? Shucks!)

58. FTW!

59. W00T! Mod lounge, here I am! Hand over the Godiva chocolate!

60. I’m sorry, the Godiva chocolate has been quarantined. There was a……recall for …..uhm, defective cocoa beans. Yeah, that was it.

61. Fird Birfle says:

“tsk, tsk” — directed accusingly @ victoreia ……

62. Fird Birfle says:

“Contessa Von Shoulderpads” :)

(steel yourselves and click the link for the Early Cat Massage video)

63. That was a character in one of Von Zep’s scenarios, wasn’t it? The one with the stableboy? :mrgreen:

64. Eddy has a special scream that he uses when he wants me to lie down so he can give me a massage. He insists on it several times each evening. This is true.

65. I’ve been doing some yoga at home recently, and it’s quite a challenge with 10 cats either getting in the way or trying to walk on me or the mat, etc.

66. What Dante does is just sit down and do whatever I’m doing, but better. And he is fat.

67. Fird Birfle says:

now Theresa, remember.
    He’s NOT “fat”, he’s “FLUFFEH” !!!! :)

68. That might be the cutest puppy in the world. Of course it’s in Japan! The cat’s look at the end, though, says that it is tolerating this creature . . . for now. And you can look forward to an unpleasant surprise in your favorite shoe at some unspecified time.

69. Flutter-by says:

Love the way the puppeh is trying to nom on the kitteh’s ear along with the massage, really !

70. Oh, and Not Mike? “…uh, whatever it is a cat does all day”?

71. We really need a kawaii tag for cuteness brought to us by our Japanese friends. Seriously, did any body else thing that was a mechanical toy at first? Fresh out of the box?

72. Yes. Far too cute to be for realz.

73. My cat would rather die than be in that situation.

74. Massage? I think the puppy is trying to father the world’s first catdog.

75. Yep, I thought it was one of those mechanical pups too. How friggin’ adorable.

76. From both videos I think we can all learn a valuable lesson: cats don’t like “massage” but are quite happy to be petted … until they’re not …

Watching this I kept thinking of Antonio Banderas in the trailer for the new animated movie — “You made the cat angry. You DON’T want to make the cat angry!”

77. Insertclevernamehere says:

NO. THIS IS TOO MUCH. I JUST got over the penguins in sweaters. YOU’VE GONE TOO FAR, CUTE OVERLOAD.

78. Fird Birfle says:

CO tends to do that to us, about once/ month …

79. And sometimes once a week!

80. Kitty almost ready to go postal.

81. Megumi's Mom says:

amazingly patient and tolerant kitteh!

82. I dunno guys- the kitty is totally doing the happy-eyes-closed thing while the puppy is nibblin away.

I think the “you will suffer for this” face is because the person filmed it. Kitty can’t let his kitty friends see that video!

83. Puppeh: NOMNOMNOMNOM!
    Kitteh: Whut-evs.

84. I could use a massage, puppers. You can come over anytime. I’m sure I can defrost some chicken for you…..

85. Aw, sweet old man cat. Reminds me of my two old man kitties who died last year. *sniffle*

86. I’m quite KYUN dead… mad over cute.