Meanwhile, at the Pugvale Elementary Annual Second Grade Fall Pageant…

“But I don’t wanna go onstage, Mrs. Whickerbacker! All the other kids are gonna laugh at me, and my leaf costume won’t stay in place, and I can’t remember my line!

Steve V. says: “This is our pug Zelda. She is little and cute. The other day we put a leaf on her back. It was almost bigger than her!”

Comments

1. This made me think of this! Yes, it’s the dress up your goggie season.

2. NOMTOM nails that facial expresh once again :)

3. That’s okay, little one! I’ll feed you the line (and some treats!) from offstage! You can do it!

4. That is a leaf-tally cute doggy!

5. Nice leaf peepers you got there!

6. Fird Birfle says:

so twue.

7. Fird Birfle says:

1: Nice name fur a Dogue.
    2: La Pauvrecita Zelda!!!

8. Definitely an October calendar contender. Prosh!

9. Karla Borecky says:

She has the cutest face ever! I actually thought it was a costume, and was admiring the attention to detail on that leaf – such realistic shading and texture!, etc. WHat a cutie pie. :-)

10. Dog pile, leaf pile. Same thing!

11. “But Ma, I wanted to be Benji for Halloween!” ;-)

12. I thought all pugs were little but if that’s a full grown pug next to her she’s itty bitty.

13. Wait, that’s a REAL leaf?!? God lord just how tiny is this little puppy?? So adorable

14. Leaf me alone, Mama.

15. Ahh, this is my pug! :D

She was on cuteoverload when she was just a puppy: http://cuteoverload.com/2007/03/08/hair_in_the_dra/

16. Zelda, you listen to me, and you listen hard. Two hundred people, two hundred jobs, two hundred thousand dollars, five weeks of grind and blood and sweat depend upon you. It’s the lives of all these people who’ve worked with you. You’ve got to go on, and you’ve got to give and give and give. They’ve got to like you. Got to. Do you understand? You can’t fall down. You can’t because your future’s in it, my future and everything all of us have is staked on you. All right, now I’m through, but you keep your paws on the ground and your head on those shoulders of yours and go out, and Zelda, you’re going out a pug but you’ve got to come back a star!

17. Juno, thank you for giving me a giggle today. You nailed it.

18. Am I the only one who thought that was a “for reals” Halloween costume?

19. victoreia says:

That’s either a small pup, or a really big leaf! (Or both…..)

20. Tail…over…leaf….gonna die….too cute…

21. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who didn’t realize it was a real leaf at first! Cute pug, and I love her name.

22. If her tail was curled around the stem, then I would have to die with you.

23. Baroo-Pac – Pug Leaf

24. firefinch says:

Love the slightly obscure Monty Python reference in the hovertext.

25. One of the reasons I find pugs so lovable is that they always look anxious. Even while chewing on your expensive sunglasses, beneath the joyful slobber is a worried look. Am I doing this right? Are you still loving me? Does this leaf make me look fat?

26. Fird Birfle says:

Nope!!!

27. TrixandSam says:

For all wondering about the size of the leaf: I bet good money that this one’s from a sycamore tree. I had one in the back yard and the leaves from that tree were soup plate size. Seriously! One would land on one of my bichons (scaring the bejeezus out of him or her) and I’d marvel at how the leaf was almost as big as the dogs!

28. Fird Birfle says:

YAY Lauren and Zelda!!!!

29. That little skwerly tailio is perfect for securing the leaf in place!

30. Some brill costumes there… Love the tomato pin cushion (last pic) – with a thimble for a hat!

31. ** golf clap **

32. It was both a GIANT LEAF, and that she’s a little pug, she’s just 14lbs :)

33. Seconded, altogether.

34. Alice Shortcake says:

I’m now having visions of Ruby Keeler in a pug costume…

35. I saw a leaf like that a few days ago, and I wondered where it could have come from. There are sycamore trees around where I live. Thanks for clearing that up.

36. What amazes me is either that is one teeny weeny dog…or that is one big honkin tree!!

37. What a sweet little morsel Zelda is, and as previously mentioned, such a look of concern!

38. Too funny! That poor dog does not look interested in his new attire. Leaves may have worked for Adam and Eve but this pup is not interested.

39. snoopysnake says:

He must have a nice mattress for bedtime….and did those feet, in ancient times…..

40. snoopysnake says:

And now, number four, the larch…I mean the bigleaf maple:

41. pat carleson says:

Ummm, you DO realized I could get RAKED????

42. “What are you laughing at? Your mom dresses you pretty funny too…”