Somebody Spiked the Coffee!

I wonder if they used brandy? Or Irish whiskey! Or maybe even Nyquil!

Dawn C. says: “Attached is a photo of my hedgehog, Spike. We like to think of this photo as ‘A cup of Canadian Love!’ (Tim Horton’s is a Canadian coffee chain – only a few U.S. locations so far.)”

Comments

1. Does Spike get his Double-double every morning?

I love hedgehogs and I love Tim!

2. Is that just a leeetle glimpse of tongue under that moist beepable nosicle? We need a CO-hance, pleeeez!

3. I’m in the mod-lounge, pass the Tim Bits.

4. I believe it’s Irish whiskery.

5. Hmph, I goto Timmies every morning and I never got a Hedgie in my cup. Maybe I should try a different location.

6. What seems to excite peeps around here about Tim Hortons are the doughnuts. Anybody recommend the pumpkin spice? :D

7. “only a few U.S. locations so far”…. Dawn has obviously never been to Buffalo, NY! There’s one on practically every corner – but we’re so close to Canada we sing both national anthems at hockey games. I would like a hedgie coffee with some hammie tim-bits please!

8. I think this is their special hangover cure called “Hair of the Hog.”

9. I have a Tim’s coffee sitting here on my desk: alas, no hedgehog. I can give or take their donuts, but I do lurves me a good breakfast B.E.L.T.

10. Spike, a proper name for a hedgehog… I wonder, can you actually buy them like bunnies or cats? Or do you have to catch them by yourself? My grandmother had some infestation in her garden when I was a kid and told me not to touch them cause they have flea and stuff on them. Cute as they are, hedgies are not considered good pets around here…

11. I could see that on the menu now. “I’ll take an extra large mocha, a honey dip donut, and a medium hedgehog. Hold the onions.”

12. Now THAT would beat a venti latte any day of the week!

13. He needs a dollop of whipped cream! There are Tim Hortons all over the place in Columbus OH but I have yet to see these on the menu. Maybe they’ll catch on soon? We can only hope.

14. Is that Bacon Egg Lettuce Tomato?

15. The Tim’s invasion doesn’t seem to have reached south of the Mason-Dixon Line yet – probably Krispy Kreme is mounting a successful defense.

But if hedgies are now being added to the invasion force, I don’t think KK will stand a chance.

16. It’s Beigle-Egg-Lettuce-Tomato.

17. That nose definately Requires a boop.
    BOOP!

18. What’s going on? Does everyone have pet hedgehogs now?
    Is it an American thing? As far as I know in Europe it’s forbidden to have wild animals as pets. Hedgehogs are super cute but how happy are they in a cage? :p

19. Yum.

20. I always make my coffee at home (and then spill it all over myself on the way to work), but I would find a way to fit take-out into my budget if it came spiked like this.

21. yes. every american has a pet hedgehog now. hope that clears it up for you.

22. Yes!! Had it a few days ago….mmmmm, tastes like pumpkin pie in doughnut form.

23. They were issued by the government.

24. **snerk**

25. It USED TO BE bacon-egg-lettuce-tomato on a bagel and then they decided to have a sausage-patty option to the bacon so it’s now a bagel-egg-lettuce-tomato as Gigi said, with your choice of bagel and choice of protien.

26. It’s a fact that hedgehogs are the latest prize in Roll up the Rim. Odds are 1 in 500.

27. pfft.
    Tim Horton’s is named for the Canadian NHL hockey player who co-founded the chain, so we don’t have no stinkin’ made-up ‘venti/grande’ puffery foofaw ’round these here parts.
    Ya got your small, medium and large hedge, avec ou sans double quills.
    *That’s* how manly Canadian coffee [and beer!] is.

28. We had a Krispy Kreme franchise open in Ontario a few years ago and they could not take over market share from Tim Hortons and they went bankrupt. But to be fair, Tim Hortons is not really just about the donuts – they have a full breakfast and lunch menu with sandwiches and chili and soup. So they can’t be compared fully.

29. But there is usualy more alcool in beer than in coffee. Unless it’s Irish coffee at my house! I didn’t marry a Carroll for nothing :lol:

30. Just like the tinfoil hat and the obligatory pelvis-welding.

31. Whoa, I was really gettign ready to be moderated for that. :LOL:

32. ooh, I hope so. The only prize I ever win in rrrooolllinnng is a dinky donut. I’d love a hedgie, I hope they take the lid off before I take a sip. Oh, poky. :)

33. Is there dip?

34. Does it put hair on your chest? *looking at chest*

35. THIS. Rochester, too.

36. My uncle has an hedgehog…. Wait no.. A hedgehog has decided she like his garden. And kitchen. And the living room.
    He never try to pet, chase or beckon her, she just come and go as she want, scare the cats and sleep on the sofa.
    But not a pet. No no. He doesn’t feed her, she just help herself in the cats plate.
    He DID put some frontline on her though. Just in case.
    How did we know it was a she?
    She came back with tiny hedgies once.

37. I admit to much ignorance regarding Mr. Horton’s menu, never having been in one. I will have to rectify that next time I am on the other side of the M-D Line.

38. I agree, we need some CO-hance! Look at this feet! And the lil hog lips!

Ps- I so love TH! I wish there were more in the US. I lived in Minnesota for too long, and there were no Tim Hortons there :(

39. oooh that’s the greatest story I’ve ever heard!

40. I agree with the venti/grande puffery foofaw myself. I don’t go to Starbucks often (I can’t afford that, even in good economic times – I’m a state employee, fer cryin’ out loud), but when I do, I resolutely do NOT order a venti, grande, or any other such tomfoolery. It’s “I’ll have a medium latte, thankyewverrrymuch,” or even, “I’ll just have a small coffee.” (gasp)

Needless to say, I’d have a cup o’hedgie every day, if I could afford it!

41. Dang, no Hedgie in my Timmie’s this morning :-( I’ll make sure my colleague asks for it specially later tonight.
    The owner of a bead store that I shopped at in Huntsville had her pet hedgie wandering around. Loved that she could clean up its wee with a kleenex. That is not possible with a cat.

42. Oh boo, in the Mod Lounge. Any hedgie spiked Timmie’s available in here? I’ll take the Dutchie timbits please.

43. victoreia says:

*gasp* You go into a Starbucks and order a small coffee?!? 8-O

*clutches pearls*

44. victoreia says:

Wait…wha? Hey! I didn’t get mine! *assumes outraged expression*

45. Tinfoil hat, on the left. On the right, just give this ticket to the man with the welder.

46. Really great story, but I wonder if the tiny hedgies will also come back with their own tiny hedgies the house could get crowded.

47. Did you say Beagle-Egg-Lettuce-Tomato?

48. SlaveToCat says:

Once a year I go to Starbucks and I bring a push cart to carry my super large venti mega cup home in.

49. SlaveToCat says:

I’ve been told that I’m a little prickle in the morning until I’ve had at least one pot of coffee……

50. POT of Coffee!!?!?!! :shock:

51. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

52. There’s a bunch cropping around NYC, too. And if I had never checked this thread, I would have never gone to the website and found out there’s one close to my job. Score!

53. Oh, we want photos! Baby hedgies!

54. win, as always

55. A few weeks ago, I had to be at work at 5:30 am for a lighting installation, after only having had 3 hours sleep. At 6, I went over to Starbucks and asked for the “largest iced latte you have.” The woman handed me a VAT of coffee. I’m not kidding, evidently they now have a new super-duper sized coffee, much larger than any human should ever consume. Needless to say, after downing that gallon or so of iced latte, I was buzzing for the next 18 hours…. 8O

56. HA!

57. SUCH a smoochable nose!! Love this.

58. Yeah, they’re all up and down Michigan too. No strip is complete without a Timmies!

59. *applause*

60. I don’t think we have them on the West Coast, yet, either, but I’ve noticed quite a few of them in NYC–seems like a recent addition, but can’t be sure, as I’m not here that often.

61. Moist boopable nosicle. And drumroll please…check out the teeny footsies!
    Oh my. So adorbs. I can barely breathe!

62. None in Indiana that I know of, either–at least the northern half.

63. victoreia says:

@Theresa: Not those! I didn’t get my hedgehog! *pouts*

(Although, they had to take the welding off when I was in the E.R. two years ago, and I haven’t asked for it back….:wink:)

64. I used to work at a Tim’s, here in BC;
    The coffee is VILE (IMHO) and the “milk” or “cream|” is actually a doctored liquid(I think it contains some sort of addictive enhancement as every person I served would tell me that they “HAD ” to have their Timmies… Sadly , we didn’t get to hand out sweet little hedgies in the cups….I would have stayed on, if so..
    (then again, probably not, as it is a dreadful company to work for, hedgies or no……)

65. NTMTOM, you can do the long descriptions and extended set-ups but I love the short ones too.

*golf clap*

66. bob drummond says:

Do they have pmpkin spice flavored coffee ? If so then I’ll have a 16 oz.. thank you.

67. bob drummond says:

Hey! I didn’t get mine either, I’m still waiting for one !
    Hey waitress, where ‘s my hedgie ?

68. bob drummond says:

Or is that Coffee with POT ? POT with Coffee perhaps ?

69. Takin a warm mocha latté bath teh get meh quillzes nice & cozy! Later, i takes a refreshing iced cap bath teh cool down!

70. Which Huntsville? Alabama? or Ontario? If Ontario I need to know which bead store so I can go follow the hedgie :)

71. Ice Cap! Je t’aime! [but am now imagining my next ice cap au petit herisson ['edge'og or chimney brush, en francais] avec une petite shower cap]

72. woot to the western new yorkers! I’m americanadian now due to my hubby, but I still love ny…

73. i’m with you, zippy, i refuse to use the words on principle!

74. Alice Shortcake says:

Spike, eh? Does he enjoy a blooming onion and a cigarette with his coffee?

75. This is an Africa Pygmy Hedgehog, not the same sort as a British hedgehog. They are domestic animals, not wild, and you can buy them from good breeders. But they need a lot more looking after than you think! And they don’t have fleas.

76. African Pygmy Hogs are domestic pets, not wild animals, and you can get them in the UK as well, from good breeders. They are happy in cages as log as you give them plenty to do (they love running in wheels like ratties) and lots of playtime and cuddletime out of the cage.

77. Fird Birfle says:

’tis indeed a Tongue-y.

78. Fird Birfle says:

*joins in applause*

79. Fird Birfle says:

@ Theresa: ew!

80. Lcy's Mommeh says:

I work in Erie, Pa. There’s 3 or 4 of them there too. Just had the latte yesterday. Good stuff. The jelly filled Timbits? omnomnom…

81. Lucy's Mommeh says:

I’m sorry, but I am nderwhelmed with Krispy Kreme. I much prefer the little independant donut shops in the area. Jack Frost & Mighty Fine.

82. I am the queen of the cookie prize when it’s roooooolllll-up-ze-rim time.

83. It’s Ontario, can’t remember the name but it was on the main street. It was about 3 years ago that I visited the store.

84. Alice Shortcake, are you making a BTVS reference? That’s what I always think of when I think “Spike”!

85. Yeah they are pretty much everywhere in Michigan!!! Hahaha.

86. I have one to top that one, Nikki :lol: My sister-in-law took my mom to a Starbucks for some coffee and she asked my mom if she wanted it watered down because it was strong :lol: My mom said no and drank the coffee :lol: My sister-in-law said, after drinking the Starbucks coffee, my mom was babbling to her grand-daughter, Neaveh, for 3 straight hours :lol:

87. There is a Krispy Kreme in Delta, British Columbia, Canada :D

88. :lol: We were going through Virden, Manitoba, Canada, and my sister-in-law said to the staff at the local Tim Hortons that they had room for a Starbucks next door :lol: The staff said that they don’t think so :lol:

89. “My quill” for the win. FTW.

90. Alice Shortcake says:

I am indeed! Actually lots of things come to mind when I think “Spike”, many of which would probably land me in the Moderation Lounge…ah, those were the good old days – before vampires bloody SPARKLED!

91. That is the most redonculous (sp?) thing ever. Who would put a little spiny hedgehog in a cocoa cup, and imagine how cute it would be?

92. hazysnake says:

Bet Tim Horton’s will be popular with the hedgehog fund managers in NYC.:)

93. TWO pots in this household. Alas, no hedgies.

94. baby hedgies: a cross between a little curled-up slug and Pinhead….but sooo cute with it.

95. Sparkling is a downturn in the mighty vamp canon. imo

96. You totally need to make this into a Christmas card!

97. …perhaps with a refernce to spiked eggnog.:)

98. reminds me of Edward Monktons Haircare Hedgehog…. from deep within my cup of the tea, the haircare hedgehog speaks to me. And tells me with a knowing smile the secrets of the perfect style.

99. I was going to comment the same thing! There’s practically one on every corner in Buffalo! In fact, I pass 2 before the one I stop at every morning for my coffee! Tons of them in Buffalo and all the way down the Thruway to Rochester and beyond!

100. Actually, there are LOTS of Tim Horton’s where I live, which is in the metro Detroit area; then again, Canada just south of us, so maybe that’s why – the proximity factor.

101. The Shazinator says:

Why yes, Teresa, there is. I drive by it all the time and it’s never busy…lol.

I think there are just as many Starbucks in the Vancouver area as Tim Hortons, being so close to Seattle. I will go into a Starbucks for their pumpkin spice latte, and their chai latte isn’t too bad, but for straight up coffee, I much prefer Tim Hortons.

102. The Shazinator says:

A doctored liquid? Seriously? *eyeroll*

103. Jeanne G. says:

Ohio too. Actually, when they were (briefly) partnered with Wendy’s, they were headquartered here in Columbus.

104. I wish mine sat still, but alas….

105. Sasha's Mum says:

I hate pretty much everything about Timmies — their coffee, their donuts, their powertrips (how about lettin folks doctor their own coffee thank you very much), their “Roll up the Rim” contest that encourages people to not use reusable cups … and when I was in New York in May I was *aghast* to see so many Timmies there … But if they took to serving Hedgies, I might rethink my position!

106. exactly! i’m a buffalonian myself, literally there is always one within a mile of where you are.

107. “Canada just south of us”, Loegria?! I think you meant “north” not “south”.

108. I live in Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada, The Shazinator :D Do you know the exact address of that Krispy Kreme? I have been thinking of going there just to check it out :D