Breaker, Breaker, Li’l Buddy

Yee-up, you can have your nine-to-five behind a desk. Give me the open road — Waylon Jennings on the 8-track, a semi full of walnuts to haul to Boise, catching a quick meal at the rest stop… Man, that’s the life for me.

Oops, we forgot to tip a COXCU!

A veritable oasis indeed, Zachary E.

Comments

1. Fird Birfle says:

Squeee-yrwl and 8-track tapes!!!!

2. Rally Squirrel fueling up for the World Series!

3. Hey Ruby, can I getta cuppa Joe here? And fill the Thermos too, doll.

4. We got a mighty Convoy
    Rolling through the night
    Come on and join ourt Convoy,
    What a beautiful SIght.♪♫♪♫

Ahhh thaose wonderful 70’s tunes.

5. Looks like he’s filling up on ethanol. What could be more potent that an a squirrel filled with natural gas?

6. Noms.

7. reginahny says:

*giggles*

I actually look for your comments, you make me laugh!

8. Oh yeah, and remember the CB radio craze?

9. I should put that sign next to my bird feeders – the squirrelios probably eat as much as the boids do! :)

10. skippymom says:

Notice somebody actually carved a design into the side wall of the rest stop? Or maybe it was left over from some other project. Anyway, I’m sure the sqirlio appreciates it.

11. TrixandSam says:

It looks like he’s got his belleh flopped over the edge of the box, ala a trucker resting his beer belly on the counter at the roadside diner.

*pumps arm in gesture for trucker to honk his horn*

12. TrixandSam says:

One that also gets into a batch of fermenting crab apples?

13. TrixandSam says:

i was really, really, really hoping for a cross-Lake Michigan series of Brewers vs Tigers. Sigh. No sausage races for you!

14. skippymom says:

I’ve never minded the squirrels taking their share, as long as they aren’t too cheeky. But I haven’t filled my feeder in a couple of weeks now, as every night six HUGE raccoons were showing up to feast, and coming up to the screen door asking me to let them in. The cats were freaking out. I’m hoping they’ve moved on.

15. OMG, the leetle back paw!!!

16. Yes, my dad was probably the biggest CB fanatic there ever was. He *loved* talking to those truckers (and he was an English prof to boot!). He hung onto his CB *way* past the CB craze – I think he took his CB on the road up until maybe the early to mid 90’s – by then about the only folks still on CBs were definitely the truckers!

Do truckers still have CBs or do they just talk on cell phones now???

17. I wish these photos were Scratch and Sniff

18. Stosh in Costa Rica says:

A TRUE “King of the ROAD”….Roger That, Good Buddy !!!
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    I had a C.B and an 8-track in my ’79 Blue Dodge Pic-em Up Truck.
    Kinda miss those “Innocent” days when Hitch -Hikers were OK to pick up.

19. I thought it was a micro-squirrelio at first glance ;-)

20. skippymom says:

Ha ha, me too!

21. skippymom says:

There are corn kernels all over my dining room and living room floors (well, it’s actually all one room, but I like to pretend). I had an ornamental dried corn bunch on the door, hung up with a magnetic gizmo, and one day it fell down and kernels scattered all over. The cats decided these were new and awesome cat toys, and like to bat them about. Needless to say, I haven’t cleaned them up, even though stepping on one in bare feet in the middle of the night causes much cursing.

22. You are a better cat mommy than I am. The broom would have been out and all the “toys” gone the first time I would have stepped on a kernel in bare feet in the night!

23. skippymom says:

Yes, that’s right–I’m not lazy, I’m a good cat mom! That’s it!

24. My brother is a trucker… THey use cell phones and some use teh CB’s too. Also all teh trucks are now monitered via satalite and it is so much better for the truckers… if there is an accident or something like that

My Step Daad was so into CB radios too.

25. OMG we used to do this on every road trip as we sat in the back of the pick up and they coiuld see us really good. IT was so much fun!

26. Or fermenting crabs? 8O

27. ROFL Skippy Mom Of course you are not lazy… You are an AWESOME kitty Mom!

28. what a GREEDY leetle squirrely-squirrel :o

29. 8O !!!!!

30. Hey, don’t you mess with Tip Top Tucker!

31. Fird Birfle says:

in re. Theresa ….. “erm???” & “eeewww” ….
    All meant, “in the best possible way”, of course.

32. I love doing that. :mrgreen:

33. Fird Birfle says:

Stosh — you have just caused what people ’round these parts call an “earworm”, for me.
    Here’s the data on a song that I LOVE (yes, even though it’s slightly cornball rather
    than cleverly cynical). I strongly recommend it to those who do not require that all music be cleverly cynical.

This wonderful song was written by Roger Miller in 1964; he sang it on the single which was released in Jan 1965. Acc. to Wikipedia, the single reached # 1 on the Singles Sales Charts for the U.K. and for Norway; #5 on the Irish charts; # 10 in Canada, and # 1 on Billboard’s Easy Listening & on Billboard’s
    Country Singles

Link to see the lyrics & to listen to the audio (no video in this link; I thought that
    reading the lyrics would be more interesting)

34. I would love an XCU of the paws and nose.

35. Mary (the first) says:

I didn’t know skwerls could read.. but clearly, he can because he’s pretty plump!!

36. It makes me happy that some nice hooman took the time to do this for the skwerls…this little chub seems pretty happy about it, too!

37. two comments: #1 We had a CB radio back in the day…Mom was Paper Cup, I was Dixie Cup. :-) #2 Everytime a squirrel pic comes up I post it on the background of my co-workers desktop. He’s never thinks its funny. :-(

38. Fird Birfle says:

*whimper*

(in 4-yr old high pitched whine)
    “Whyyyyyyyyyyyy am I still under moderayshe??? Ain’t NUTHIN’ controvershal in this’yere comment and nobody’s seeing my So-o-o-ng ” :(

39. It’s been a whole day almost, and I just noticed that nobody has done this yet –
    BEEP on the squirrelios nose!!

40. Fird Birfle says:

*YAY*
    thank you for releasing me, Mod Squad!!! :)

41. Hadn’t thought about this in a loooooooong time…

Shirley and Squirrley!

42. !

43. bob drummond says:

THANK U DANIEL, I just loved that little ditty !