A Study in Contrasts

On one side of the glass, sleepy baby pandas. On the other, thronging tourist panda-monium. I think we all know which side we’d rather be on, eh?

Comments

1. Definitely in the panda crib!! Hey, could one of you move over just a little?

2. Yup, I know what side I’d rather be on, and I’d want the glass to be a couple of feet thicker, too! 8O

3. OMG def the panda crib for me. I love how they’re all squished to one side of the ginormous crib, furthest away from the crazy people. Now i really want a nap.

4. OMG I just want to go pick up each and everyone of them and hug them and snuggle them… GAHHHHH!

how the heck am I supposed to get any work done?

5. ALSOthe little sleepy yawns!!!!!!!!

Melts into a puddle of panda loving goooo!

6. I would move to China for at chance at that job. I kept watching seconds 38-43 over and over.

7. Is there room in that crib for me?!?! And wow, I thought they were so itty bitty until the doctor picked one up!

8. welcome to the world little snuggle cubs!

9. panda yawn + kicky feet = i am ded. goodbye, cute world! (expires)

10. Seriously. Some days I wish I didn’t have to talk to other people. at. all.

11. How’s a bebbeh supposed to get any nappy time wif all that commotion going on?

12. It’s official. Panda yawns are contagious. Especially that one little yawner at 0:39–I was trying to admire his spectacular toe beans and found myself yawning right along with the little cute pie! SQUEE!

13. Why did they put that one panda in a box at the end?? It cut off just as we were about to see what happened!!!

14. I couldn’t stop talking babytalk at them (though they couldn’t hear me).

15. I think he/she was being weighed; I’ve seen boxes like that on other zoo programs when they’re weighing babies.

16. Fird Birfle says:

*uses a spatula, to gather all the KittyAdventures panda loving goooo into
    a little perfume bottle, *Ties it at the top, with a pastel, polka-dot ribbon*

17. Are you sure? I was hoping it was the one I ordered online to be shipped to my home…

18. I love pastel polka dot ribbons. :) Thank you

19. So adorabuhlz!

Had several thoughts:
    1) Congrats to the panda-mommies and panda-daddies! Those are some fertile couples!
    2) Yay for panda conservation!
    3) I sorta want that panda hat the one gal was wearing.
    4) I could be pacified by a panda Pillow Pet. :D

20. *gasp* I just wanna swandive into that panda-pile
    would really make my day.

21. Martha in Washington says:

They have so many that they wouldn’t possibly miss one if someone snuck in all quick and quiet like and snatched one, right? *trying to look all innocent and stuff as she sneaks into panda nursery*

22. victoreia says:

Can I have some of that glass wall for my office, please? ‘Cuz there are people I’d rather not share an office with.

23. Fird Birfle says:

Martha, you might want to have a consultation w/ victoreia. The Conventional Wisdom says, that she has sum remarkable skillz, in those types of activities …..

24. I think that was the cutest part. The baby panda kept sleeping and kind of tried to cover its eyes with its paw!

25. Martha in Washington says:

Hey victoreia…can I talk to you for a minute?

26. Too cute! But . . . where are all the Mommy Pandas?

27. I was thinking that was mine!

28. Lewis n' Clark says:

Don’t worry, Martha – we’re not going to listen in…..*leans in a little further*

29. What bunch of panda-hogs! Spread the wealth of cuteness, China. *pouts in corner*

30. Ooooh, the ditter yawnsies at :23! The widdle curwing peenk tongue! Want to snuggle wif dem–right in da middle of da crib! Beyond prosh! (Want panda-weighers job!)

31. I want my own own wittle panda! I would call him Boris and I would carry him around in my panda purse…*sigh*

32. Fird Birfle says:

PS (as ever under these circumstances): YAY, “sleppy” Tag !!!111!!!! :)

33. I want to be the person at the end who picks one up to weigh it!

34. flutterby says:

I melted with that first toofless yawn…..so kyoot {ded}….

35. victoreia says:

Somebody called for a consult on a B&E?

36. victoreia says:

Yeah! What chanpon said! *pouts next to chanpon*

37. You guys are so right – how gorgeous they are – and those little pinkly padded toesies – there is nothing more totally appealing than a snorgleable Baby Panda I believe I may want to join in the B & E escapade

38. Gorgeous and cute yes!

I hope they treat them better than their treat their people..

39. jude, you and i are cut from the same cloth…..I’m always having (inappropriate) political thoughts when i should be just enjoying the cute little paw beans and the sheer delight of whatever is pictured……darn our social conscience (seriously)

40. I love when the one is picked up at the end and keeps his arms up in the same position he was sleeping in!

And I couldn’t help but think that little box they put him in would make a perfect shipping container. Just punch some holes and slap an Air Mail sticker on that puppy!

41. Also? I’m going to rewatch the video, because everyone knows baby pandas equal blank mind and this way I’ll have plausible deniability for the above B&E planning! ;-)

42. This is the best comment, hands down x) (expires with you)

43. Every time my boyfriend gets a bit angry or starts to argue with me i show him a picture of a panda. He melts instantly :)

44. I seriously envy the vet who was weighting those baby pandas… That’s my dream, right there. To hold one in my arms.