Meanwhile, at Bob and Helen’s Annual Halloween Kitten-Tasting Party…

“… but when they hit the teenage years, Carl, that’s the worst. Bethany, our oldest, came home with a piercing on her shell, and Helen almost blew her lid straight to the ceiling. And now — can you believe this kid? — she wants to get her nose re-carved! All the girls are doing it, she says. Six grand it would cost me! So I tell her… Oh, careful with the dark ones, Carl, they’re kinda bitter… So I says to her…”

(BLEEEAARGH! Yeah, I see what he means!)

Simply lovely party, Alisha V.

1. Haha, this is soo great. Blew her lid . . . recarved . . . Brilliant!

2. Faintly reminiscent of the mascot stylings of Clammy Sosa (at the behest of the Philly Phanatic):

3. Moi, Actually says:

Mascots like the Philly Fanatic are the Punch and Judy of our time. I loved it when he spat out the shoes and cap.
    As for the black kitty with the straaaychey legs, he’d be good with bean dip–or without, of course.

4. As a diehard Mets fan, I am honor-bound to loathe the Phillies, but I can’t help loving the Phanatic. He is awesome. I especially love his Mom, Phoebe, with her pink Chanel suit and pillbox hat:

5. 260Oakley says:

In the second pic, Cinderella decides to get out of her coach because she is feeling a little squashed.

6. warrior rabbit says:

She must be out of her gourd. That thing is capacious.

7. 260Oakley says:

Yeah, but the interior is a little seedy.

8. warrior rabbit says:

Hmm. I can see how that would make her feel a little meloncholy. Maybe a little feng shui would help spice it up.

9. If she went from one to another, that would be a marrow transplant. :P

10. Bravo!

11. Mama (stage left) just doesn’t look too impressed by this.

12. I don’t know if I could keep from nibbling on a kitten that adorable either.

13. Pumpkin with a dark chocolate kitty center. YUM!

14. victoreia says:

Where can I get one?

15. Om nom nom nom…..licorice kitties.

16. emmberrann says:

You took the woids right outta me mouf…. licorice kittehs, f’sure!

17. Kitteh knows the ins and outs of carving pumpkins

18. kibblenibble says:

Love the kittayn’s strayched-out legs as it squirms its way into the pumpkin!

19. This kitten is the Maru of pumpkins/jack-o-lanterns. I wonder what the original Maru would think?

20. Kitteh: “I gotta gets me some pump-keen pie!”

21. MMM. I want an orange creamsickle kitty to gnosh.

22. Gnish gnosh. Gnish gnosh gnish gnosh gnosh gnosh OMG somebody help, I can’t stop!

23. Here’s some ginger ale for you to sip, Theresa. We don’t want you to become gnosh-eous.

24. Thank you, that was de-gnishous.

25. :-)

26. *burp*

27. :-) :-)

28. Mary (the first) says:

Once again, not scrolling down until reading all NTMTOM’s brilliance, paid off in clearly discernible LOL here at my house. hee heee

29. NTMTOM, you had me at the title of this one. Hilarious!

30. It HAD to be a black kitteh, eh? :D

31. emmberrann says:

Naturally! It IS a licorice kitteh for Halloween!

32. I am getting ready for my annual Coworker Freakout Jubilee, also known as “Bringing my black cat figurine collection to work to decorate my desk for Halloween.”

Seriously. They already think I’m the Crazy Cat Lady. Surrounding myself with black cats (OMG!! Don’t you know they’re bad luck??) just sends them over the edge. I, of course, enjoy every minute of it.

Anyone else want to grab those straaaaaaaaaaaychey legs and kiss those feets?

33. bob drummond says:

I love all these puns about carved pumpkins and black cats . It certainly brings out the spirit of Halloween . AAAHRRROOOOOOOO! ( that’s supposed 2B a wolf howl…)

34. Queen of Dork says:

35. Space Cowgirl says:

This is officially my favorite CO ever.

36. Fird Birfle says:

— This Halloween tale was brought to you,
    by the Jack o Lantern Inspection Company, Kittayn Division.

37. :-)

38. what is that weedy green thing in the left pumpkin’s eye?

39. SlaveToCat says:

aka Pink Cats-eye.

40. Gourdo in the 2nd pic is all, “I know that Chex Party Mix came in a seasonal Halloween bag and all but I had no idea there were licorice kitties in it. I gotta start reading food labels….”

41. What is it about fuzzy kitten butts that just slays me, every time?

42. Queen of Dork says:

Shari, it’s because they’re cute and they’re fuzzy and they’re kitten butts! :)

43. When you’re right, you’re right!

44. Dingdingdingdingding!

Did we make sufficient fuss over QoD’s Burpday? Did QoD burp enough? *erp*

45. Fird Birfle says:

I delivered a chawklit cake to everybody over at one of the other posts, but nobody ‘xcept Q found it :( It had sprinkles on it , & EVERYthing…..

*wanders off, alone, into the sunset, singing “Happy Birthday” again*

46. Going to chocolate BRB

47. Pickles… Must have pickles… HAppy belated Brirfday Queenie.

48. And Cuccumbers. :)

49. hee hee *hic*

50. OMG teh secret word really does throw you in the Moderations loungs. Pass teh chocolate cake please.

51. Happie Birfday, QoD! I’ll take a slice of that cake with extra sprinkles and a little melted birthday candle wax, please. Can I pour anyone a ginger ale?

52. Happy Birthday, Queen of Dork :D

53. the phillie fanatic is an alien slave sent from another planet to entertain us

54. AWW :D What a little cutie :D I so love black kitties :D Heck, I love all kitties :D

55. I have a special soft spot for black kitties. I think it’s partly due to the fact that some of my most memorable cats have been black cats, but it’s also because so many people are superstitious about them. I did a research paper about cat folklore, myths and superstitions when I was in college, and I learned that Americans are pretty much the only people in the world who consider black cats to be bad luck; they’re good luck everywhere else. It all goes back to the days of the witch trials. A black cat must be either a witch in disguise or a witch’s familiar. I can’t do much to make up for the years of Bad Things that were done to black cats because of this, but I can love them with all my heart.

And when I put up my yearly Halloween display, inevitably someone will say, “Aren’t you superstitious?” *sigh* These same people typically believe with all of their hearts that cats steal babies’ breath…

56. Nope. I remember a news story from Israel some years ago about a tiny but adorably hostile little black kitty named Kooshi who created a stir in a building because the inhabitants were scared of him, and thought he was bad luck.

I remember this especially because the New York Times (!) had a picture of Kooshi in all his adorably tiny feroshusness (teeth bared, fur on end), captioned: “This is Kooshi. Fear him.”

57. Oh, dear. I don’t remember reading about Israel in my research. Poor Kooshi! They did choose a very spooky photo of him to accompany the article.

Kooshi! I wonder if the name has any meaning. It’s damnear adorable.

58. I’ll amend my original statement: More people worldwide consider black cats to be good luck than bad.

59. *snickering* This is a gourd post.

60. yeah, I don’t think I’ll be clicking on the photographers flickr links anymore.

61. That was so cute and funny!

62. Mia Joy Moretti says:

The pumpkin must have a big apitite :)!

63. Empressgoth says:

Love the kitty and the pumpkin got together like P b andJ

64. Empressgoth says:

Love the kitty and the pumpkin go together like P b andJ

65. random dog person says:

Possessed Pumpkin Menu (of doom)
    Butterscotch Corgis
    Vanilla Buns
    Licorice Cats

NOTE- Not to be taken seriously. Just to make sure.