Kaptain Kitty vs. the Hairdressers from Outer Space!

Egads! My alien captors have activated their X-24 Anti-Stasis Neuclonian Energy Force Beam! My only hope is to divert the beam with my Super Whapping Power!

Comments

1. Wow it’s really killing that air stream.

2. Moi, Actually says:

Must be a new form of upper-body exercise.
    It’s always great to see an adorable, much-loved kitty with a playful owner and a good home. Wish all kitties had as much. (And the hairdryer option, of course).

3. He is Fierce!

4. How very clever to use a hairdryer’s constant airflow to amuse a blind kitten. Oskar could lose a ball or a stuffed mouse, but the air just keeps on coming from that hairdryer. This is all too adorable!

5. Aww wmust be the equivalent of laser chasing for him… He is adorable and very lucky to have his owner treating him so well.

6. Sigh. Awaiting moderayshe. Pass me a nonfat latte and a marmalade kitten.

7. Fist person to crop out hairdryer and change the sounf for some drum and bass wins the internets.

8. Ditto, Moi — all the way.
    What a hilarious kitty! My kitty will flee at even the suggestion of the hairdryer (which is maybe once or twice a year when the weather is really cold…)

9. guh. i love when cats `crouch“. so cuuute

10. Whap whap whap whap whap whap whap whap whap (pause) whap whap whap whap whap whap whap whap.

11. Kaptain Kitty rules!

This video is especially meaningful to me right now, as one of my dogs (my 11-year old sweet baby boy chihuahua/shiba inu mix) was diagnosed this week with SARD (Sudden Acquired Retinal Degeneration). It can occur literally overnight but in our case, it was over a 2 week period. God bless all the brave, blind kitties and doggies!

12. Fird Birfle says:

If Kaptain Kitty needs any additional crew members, I think Sheldon, Leonard, Raj & Howard might be available. I canna’ presently recall, which super-powers
    each of them employs, but I’m sure they’d have several lovely tactical suggestions :)

Signed,
    The Big Bang Theory is Delightful

13. Fird Birfle says:

God Bless Rachael & puppeh. Best of luck.

14. Fird Birfle says:

Nicely summarized !!! :)

15. My heart goes out to you and you sweet baby boy.

16. Biscuit Tin says:

Cowardly air, you will wear the scars of my fierce biting! Have at you!

17. I admire the way your mind works. If you have a newsletter, I would like to subscribe.

18. So sorry for you and the puppster! I’m guessing he’s already learning to adapt, though–critters are really smart that way. And he’s got lots of live while he’s doing so.

19. What a cutie-pie! I have to say, that is the most perfect carpet I have ever seen too (I notice weird things).

20. Such a brave kitty, not afraid of the noise at all. I’m certain the Avengers will be asking Captain Kitty to join them soon.

21. *knockknockknock* Firdie!
    *knockknockknock* Firdie!
    *knockknockknock* Firdie!

22. Fird Birfle says:

HEY!!!
    On second viewing, I feel obligated to commend Kaptain Kitty aka Oskar for
    his phenomenal ability to balance on two back legs for long sessions of
    “whapping” !!!!! YOU *GO*, KK!!!

23. Win! :D

24. SlaveToCat says:

Kittys got Gas!!

25. SlaveToCat says:

Got to stop all those invisible alien puppies before they takeover my food dish, perch, and sun beam.

Out, damn’d spot! out, I say!

26. flutterby says:

It really IS ingenious how Oskar balances like that and not for just one paw/arm swats, but DOUBLE *whappity whappita bap-bap* !! NOTHING, not even the evil screaming banshee of the windy subspecies can stand up to him!!

Oskar is my new hero….

27. Awww, so sorry to hear about your pup. But take heart.. I have two blind dogs and they do just great–they keep up with our “sighted” doggies fine. Dogs really navigate their world much more from smell than sight anyway…and both of my dogs were adults when they went blind (one from old age and the other from diabetes), and they adjusted just fine to the blindness. Your little guy will do well…good luck…

28. I love how kitty tries to “bite” the air, in addition to the snapping…=^..^=

29. “whapping”….darn that auto-spell check on my iPad!

30. Good luck, Rachael. Your doggie is lucky; he has you. You will both be fine.

31. Scottish play reference for the win :-)

32. Fird Birfle says:

ooooooo tracylee THAT was FABULOUS.

Signed,
    Not That Penny the other Penny

33. Beth covered in cat hair says:

I think the theme from “Rocky” is appropriate here.

Almost the same concept as an “air guitar”?

34. Someone get Kaptain Kitty a cape!

35. I declare Matchingks! Mother and child Stwipees!

I noticed too that the mom is holding down the “Cool” button on the hairdryer so she doesn’t fry her kitty with a heat blast. Very nice.

36. My HERO! :D

37. Cap’n Kitty put on his a$$-whooping cataloons today.

38. Love it! Now I’d take it to the next level: as Oskar ‘whaps,’ I’d occasionally whip the blow dryer away (or off), so he’d get that feeling of, “I GOT IT!”

39. This made me laugh loudly and happily!

40. Do the dollar signs keep you out of the mod lounge?

41. Bazinga!!

Love Oskar the brave air-battling kitteh. Love his cataloons.

42. I wouldn’t mind being friends with Sheldon. Despite his quirks, he seems to be a genuinely good-hearted person who cares about his friends (even if he sometimes seems to regard them as science experiments).

In short, yeah, I could probably be cozened into singing “Soft Kitty” to him.

43. I noticed that too. Not too many kitties can stay on the back legs like that for as long as he did. Go, Kaptain Kitty, Go!

44. Have you seen “Gnomeo and Juliet?” It’s peppered with Shakespearean references, but there was one scene where an English bulldog is ordered, “Out!” and then the unseen speaker mutters, “Damn Spot…” at which I do believe I was the only person in the theater who laughed.

Guffawed, really…

45. P.S. I am going to see a Shakespeare in the Park production of Hamlet tonight! It’s set in 1950s Europe. I am bouncy with excitement as it will be my first SITP show.

46. I know the feeling. CO often has that effect on me. Tough when I’m reading at work. :D

47. Wildviolette says:

I second that!
    Also, this might be the single greatest thing I have ever seen on the Internets.

48. Where are these kitties being bred that do not leap 6 feet into the air then go scurrying for the nether regions of the couch at the sound of loud mechanical devices? And where does one purchase such a feline?

49. Thanks, guys. I know for sure we will both be fine. :)

50. Hmph, you just had to let us all know you have an iPad. :P

51. And Pickles!

52. Neat how you didn’t make us say “Hot Potato, off his drawers, Puck will make amends!”

53. That would be zazzy.

54. In keeping with the old fashionny spelling of his name, Oskar is fighting on two legs per Marquis de Queensbury rules.

55. My dear departed Libby always used to face down the evil blow dryer and give it a few whaps.

56. Oskar is swimming in jet stream.

57. Queen of Dork says:

I also loved how the kitty was whapping and trying to bite the air!

58. Now that is a creative way to play with a blind kitty!

59. Really, very clever. The only thing better, something similar with long ribbons attached. You go Oskar!

60. bookmonstercats says:

PPPhhhhhhhhppppttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(That’s just because you have an iPad and I haven’t ;)

61. bookmonstercats says:

I am in moderashon for blowing envious raspberries at Chihgirl for having that object of desire, an iPad.

Pour me a dry martini and pass the peanuts.

62. Fird Birfle says:

“a cat’s gotta do, what a cat’s gotta do!”

RIP Libby.

63. bookmonstercats says:

Eeeenjoy. Fabulous vintage 50s costumes, I hope.

64. I agree :D

65. @Noelegy: it’s totally depressing that nobody else in the theater got that ref….

66. I see by your avatar that you are a reader of Diesel Sweeties! I love Metal Steve.

67. Eh, English major. Used to getting jokes few others do.

68. (English major AND consumer of frivolous trivia. Frivia?)

69. OMG I LOVE YOU.

70. Cute–but sad, too. Sigh.

71. It’s the blind kitty equivalent of the red laser dot game!

72. But of course!

73. The Last Airbender would have benefited greatly from this little guy!

74. OMG!!!! Just tried it by running a video of a drum solo at the same time and it’s HILARIOUS!!!!

75. Don’t know if it’s so much old-fashioned as Nordic.

76. hehehehe

77. Queen of Dork says:

My goodness. Cats can be so full of themselves. (at least mine is). Today, I gave him a bath with this waterless shampoo for cats. It smells like apples. So now HE smells like apples. He has become quite full of himself and insists that my daughter and I address him and refer to him for the rest of the day as Sir Apple Blossom. Sheeesh. 8O

78. Mary (the first) says:

My wonderful long haired kitteh would come in from out in the rain and demand to be blow-dried. I could (and did) (and was required to) blow him just about all over, gently of course, and he loved extra attention on cold toes. Sound didn’t bother him at all. And he was gorgeous when done. Sigh.

79. that’s my name! weird to see RIP in front of it ;)

80. this would have looked really odd if you couldn’t see the hairdryer :o

81. Cats are demanding that way! :-)

82. You’re lucky, though–CO is BLOCKED at my work (it’s such a dangerous, subversive site. 8O) I have to wait until evening to get my daily cute infusion! *pouts with heavy sigh*

83. That was supposed to be a 8O face! oops!

84. Not ALBERTO Blossom? Whoa.

85. Alice Shortcake says:

I too was impressed. His sense of balance is actually better than mine!

86. x2.

87. take care rachel and best wishes to you and your pup. my 14 year old sweet sugar coated beagle, winston, was diagnosed with SARD about 8 months ago. it was so scary, we had never heard of it and thought he had had a stroke and were going to loose him. the poor guy was so frightened it broke my heart into a million pieces. but, within a few months he started to adapt, and can still sniff his way to the snacks and out the door to go outside. our thoughts are with you!

88. “sniff his way to the snacks”

YAY!

89. unfair labor practices!!

90. victoreia says: