Please Exit in an Disorderly Fashion

It’s OK children, Mr. Fancy’s style has so much flare, he set off the fire alarm again. [Kids all cheer, yay!]

Smokin’ plume-age, jpockele.

Comments

1. omigoodness, what is that? i love him, i have never seen one of him before!! how prosh!! SQUEEEEEEE

2. Whoa – is that ducky in the middle (Mr. Fancy) even real??? Wot kind of ducky is he? (and I presume the Mrs. and children)????

3. I know I’ve said this before, but I don’t know how people can possibly work a camera when faced with so much CUTE!! I’d be all squeeing and confused…

4. OMG, it IS real! I totally thought it was a lawn ornament! Her flickr page says they’re mandarin ducks. And there are more adorable pics!

5. Mandarin ducks are so vividly colorful!

6. Bumble The Bunny says:

i swear these duckies are relatives of the prosh ones a few weeks ago? :D

7. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Anyone else notice that five of the ducks have glasses? Creepy…..

8. 260Oakley says:

Well, they’re obviously out to make spectacles of themselves. And with wings that short, they’re bound to be near-flighted.

9. A devoted mom, a fancy dad, and 8 fuzzy ducklings. Sounds like the basis for a reality show. Is TLC aware of this prosh fambly?

Superb hovertext, I might add.

10. Well that was dandy.

11. I can’t see how anyone wouldn’t join that line and walk with them.

12. victoreia says:

*snerk* I see your wits have not taken the holiday off, Oakley!

13. Yes, they are all Mandarin ducks. The male is much more showy, like most ducks. Not native to Americas, but they seem to be everywhere.

14. WOW. That’s REALLY a duck, that fancy-colored one?!?? I truly thought he was a lawn ornament, lol!

15. They take after their mom and her beautiful bifocals…

16. A long dead character of high society, the Dandy is now alive and well in the unflappably prosh Wade Paddletoes. Seen here in a shockingly ornamental outfit that makes him stand out from the crowd, he is proof that foppery and good taste are far from dead.

17. 260Oakley says:

I would never duck out on my responsibilities.

18. ouch, to the moderation lounge with me, eh?

Where are the mint milanos? All I found where some hamsters doing acrobatics and raisenettes in a bowl on the floor.

19. What a gorgeous family! Dad’s so pretty!!

20. Queen of Dork says:

Zoiks! How beautiful! And such fabulous eye make-up!

21. No no don’t bother yourself, we wouldn’t want your fancy feather to get ruffled now would we. I’ll get the kids fed and ready for school.

22. Completely GORGEOUS!!

23. Lewis n' Clark says:

those aren’t raisinettes…..

24. flutterby says:

Izzat a wood duck, as opposed to a wooden duck? He looks simply mahvelouss in his finery, if not a little over the top !

25. Queen of Dork says:

*choke. (cough and also gag)* Lewis n’ Clark! You made me choke! AND you owe me a new keyboard! :)

26. Lewis n' Clark says:

here ya go, Queenie – hope this link works – http://www.fotosearch.com/CSP379/k3796269/

27. Dad’s a dandy!

28. Martha in Washington says:

True story…we were at the Pt Defiance Zoo in Tacoma a long time ago when they had the “bird house” and there were wood ducks floating around. My husband says “Those are pretty”. I said “They are wood ducks” and he said “They look so real”. I think I scared the birds with my laughter.

29. Beau Brommel must be so proud!

30. “Kids all cheer, yay!” is going to be my default expression of approval from now on.

31. Oh, dear, my schoolmarm side cannot be controlled. Dad doesn’t have flare, he has flair. You can’t set off the alarm with flair, I know. One of the difficulties of homonyms is making a good joke while following correct word use.

Okay, I’m putting my red pen away now.

32. Sorry, meant “usage principles.”

33. I Haz a Funny Bone says:

Normally I’d be right there with ya’, but in this case, “flair” wouldn’t work with “fire alarm,” don’cha know. Pyrit knew what she was doing here.

That duck is on fire! ;) Work it, dad!

34. I’m hearing the theme song to “Bonanza” here.

35. SlaveToCat says:

I like to think they are Aviator Goggles.

I hear Snoopy vs Red Barron song in the background.

In the clear blue skies over Germany
    Came a roar and a thunder hunters had never heard
    Like the scream and the sound of a big war bird
    Up in the sky, a duck in a plane
    Ducks von Richtofin was his name
    Eighty men tried, and eighty men died
    Now they’re buried together on the countryside

36. How about Yakkety Sax? I find it appropriate for all occasions.

37. QUAHAHAHAHAHA!

38. CariceLaur says:

Mandarin Ducks (An Asiatic Species) are closely related to Wood Ducks (North American Species), and both are quite lovely. The Chinese believe the Mandarin Ducks are a symbol of fidelity in marriage, but in reality it’s not accurate. Drakes won’t stick around with a single mate. This is likely a captive pair, and the drake really has no other options. It’s still an adorable family shot though!

39. one of your best puns ever!!! or perhaps just play on words
    …FOWLS ALARM!

40. Fird Birfle says:

Theresa, if I might …. one *might* not choose Yakkety Sax for the funeral of a devout Lutheran or an accountant ….. Just a thought.

41. All male birds are showy.

42. I love it when dads don’t try to duck their responsibility!

43. Silly Goose, ALL of the ducks have glasses…