O the tangled baskets we weave…

A tisket, a tasket
A kitty in a basket.
A tasket, a tisket
A kitty making biscuits.

A tisker, a tasker
Dare you to ask her
A tasker, a tisker
Why she only fits by  a whisker.

Barbarella a.k.a. The Mad Cat Lady says this is, “…my Persian girl Janelle, pretending to be a LION after having her fur done in a lion-cut for the summer….showing that she really is the Queen of Cute and not a fierce lion.”

Comments

1. I call matchinks on the liner of the basket and those gorgeous baby blues!

2. Is that a Mary Poppins basket?
    Because the body that fit with the size of that cat’s head does NOT fit into that basket! ;-)

3. She’s giving me the Hypno-Toad stare.

4. snoopysnake says:

“I do NOT want this hideous poodlesque psuedo-Lion clippage to be recorded for posterity by your humanesque camera. Be gone!”

5. I want to see the rest of the lion cut!

6. Heehee no kidding I was thinking the basket was a TARDIS! :)

7. bookmonstercats says:

I have turned my head this way and that, even backwards and upside down, and I CANNOT work out how she’s fitted all of her gorgeous self into that teeny space.

There again, she’s a cat!!!

8. Barbarella, your girl is a beauty:)

9. Elisabeth says:

Yay, Janelle! I haven’t visited in ages- glad to see that she still has such lovely eyes! Hullo Barb!

10. This is what’s possible following floof reduction surgery.

11. Nyarn-nyarn-nyarn-nyarn-nyarn…

12. Ear tufts, baby!

13. Fird Birfle says:

Janelle is a Fierce Woman of Beauty and baby she KNOWS it!!!!

WORK it, Janelle, WORK it !!!

*catcalls*

14. I, for one, welcome our feline overlords.

15. Fird Birfle says:

*considers asking the hair salon to attach glamorous Ear Tufts to my ears*

16. Ohhh She is FIERCE!

::Shakes in boots::

17. Dang. Embed code didn’t work. Ella Fitzgerald and cowboys!

18. Just paste the url without any tags.

19. flutterby says:

Janelle is gawgeous!

So enjoying Ella’s golden voice….those were the days…

20. purty.

21. flutterby says:

Yesss…purty putters indeed!!

22. If the basket is a TARDIS, then this kitty, with that evil glare, must be a weeping angel.

23. victoreia says:

*blink* You mean, there are people who don’t?!?!?!?!?

24. Barbarella I loff her…I want her…

25. random dog person says:

the basket is simply longer than we can see. -see handles in background-
    sorry

26. Why do kittehs always look like they’re going to give you the CLAW if you come any closer? While at the same time looking so adorable that you can’t NOT come any closer??? One of those mysteries of life?

27. That’s how a two-pound ball of fluff can down a 100+ pound dinner :P Cripple ‘em with cuteness, then slaughter them with stealthy claws of evilness!

28. AWW :D If I knew where you live, Barbarella, I would so love to snorgle and cuddle your dear, sweet Persian girl kitty, Janelle :D

29. LOL her head looks so big cause it is, along with the fluffy boots and the tip of the tail, *not* shaved – she is actually quite tiny (as all persians are under the masses of fur). :)

30. Thanks! She actually lives happily with my friend “matahari” now cause one of my boys, Lugosi, was bullying the crap out of her almost every day, and she was so unhappy living with this bruiser!

31. Sadly, Janelle doesn´t live with me anymore, but my best friend “matahari” who is only 15 mins´ walk away, so at least I can visit. My boy Lugosi was making her life hell for 1 1/2 years and it was best for her to move in with my friend, where she now lives happily ever after…. :)

32. For all those who wanted to see the *whole* of Janelle, and not just her pretty face, with her glorious lion cut, here you go. :D

33. Dang. Can somebody tell me how to embed a picture or video here???

34. Ah the beautiful eyes of Janelle! Such a gorgeous kitty!

35. Karen Astner says:

So sweet!!

36. Gah! She is of course still beautiful, but I can almost see why she would hide. [stifling snicker] No, I didn’t meant anything by that snicker! uhh… I just meant maybe she would want to hide from sudden drafts… [snicker again]

37. Fird Birfle says:

@ B:

I’m not an ultra-expert, for sure, but what has occurred to me in the past leads me
    to suspect that embedding is determined, by the design/ code with which a particular webpage is offered on the Net. In other words, it all depends on how the code of the page was designed & some make their material em-bedd-able (whatever mysteries THAT entails) and others do not.

(could be entirely wrong but….)

38. bob drummond says:

That feline is definitely cute- especially those EYES !!
    REOWWWRRRRR !

39. I´m a web designer and I knew all that, hehe, but thanks Fird. :) And you´re totally right! But looking at the source code didn´t give me any clues either.

I see that other people embed videos here an CO, so it IS possible …. but I need to know which type of embed code to use!!!

40. Hehe.

But seriously? She loves being “nekkid”. She runs around like a looney and is so much more active, and she also suddenly grooms herself much more and seems to actually enjoy it.

We live on a tropical island where even now in October it´s still between 30-35C, so it´s also much cooler for her. :)

41. AWW :( Too bad your other kitty was not nice to her :( but I am glad to hear that she is happily living in another loving home :D