I am your DJ spinnin’ the requests

You may have noticed it’s ‘Tocktober, People. We’ve had many insistent requests to acknowledge October as we have for years—WITH ‘TOCKS!

Now put on your Bonnie Raitt wig (I know you have one) and sing it with me!

Turtles are tockin’, tockin’ ’bout turtles,
This one needs Shoehab, would you believe it?

N8602147_40986097_6565
And then these bunnies, doin’ one-eighty,
Try to ignore it but they keep singin’…

Pastedgraphic
‘Tocks just a little too round,
‘Tocks just a little too close,

Picture_1
You stare just a little too long.
Maybe you’re seein’, same thin’ we do darlin’.

Frog
Let’s give ‘em somethin’ to ‘tock about
(Somethin’ to ‘tock about) [stoats singing backup]
Let’s give ‘em somethin’ to ‘tock about
(Somethin’ to ‘tock about) [hamsters singing backup]
Let’s give ‘em somethin’ to ‘tock about
How ’bout buttoooocks?

Picture_2
I feel so foolish, I never noticed
Your ‘tocks are bulbous, could you be posin’ for me?
It took this website to make me wonder,
Now I’m convinced that I’m goin’ under.

Picture_3
Thinkin’ ’bout ‘em every day,
Dreamin’ ’bout ‘em every night.
I’m hopin’ that they feel the same way,
But that’s impossible—’tocks can’t have feelin’s darlin!

Picture_4
Let’s give ‘em somethin’ to ‘tock about
(Somethin’ to ‘tock about) [frogs singing backup]
A little mystery to figure out
(Somethin’ to ‘tock about) [baby seals singing backup]
Let’s give ‘em somethin’ to ‘tock about
How ’bout buttoooooooocks?

Picture_5
Let’s give ‘em somethin’ to ‘tock about babe,
A little bee butt to figure out.
Let’s give ‘em somethin’ to ‘tock about,
How ’bout buttooooooocks? Ooh…

Listen to ‘em baby
(Somethin’ to ‘tock about) [frogs singing backup again]

2_tocks_up
A little tailio won’t hurt ‘em
(Somethin’ to ‘tock about) [baboons singing backup]

Let’s give ‘em somethin’ to ‘tock about
How about love, love, spots, and love

Whoowhoo mmmm hey oohh whoowhoo
About love, love, love, love

How about they ‘tock about it? uh huh
‘Tock about love……..

Apologies to Bonnie Raitt. Take a bow, ‘Tocktober! Excellent pic spotting, Chief Sister Officuh.

Turtle ‘Tocks by Kasey S., Bun’Tocks by Debra R., elephant log ‘tocks by Sheri, Frog ‘Tocks by Mary Jo E., Sprawled Bunneh ‘Tocks by Heather R., French Bulldog ‘Tocks photo by Carolyn M. sent in by Carolyn C. NBC ‘Tocks by Elena A., Bee ‘Tockage by Uncle Andrew, Alpaca Night ‘Tocks by Julie K., Duck! Duck! ‘Tocks! by Melissa S., Pan-‘Tocks by Roxanne S., Giraffe ‘Tocks by Kellene F., ‘Phant ‘Tocks Sent in by Kate E. taken by Carolyn G.

Comments

1. That bunny is humongous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. skippymom says:

Now THIS makes life worth living. Thank you, great and powerful Meg!

3. gwennaelle says:

Love. It.

4. hooray!

5. A truly ‘tocktacular post *applause*.

6. Mary (the first) says:

Yep, I was ready for Tocktober! Nothing warms up a cold day better than baby elephant ‘tocks and some Bonnie R. !

7. Alpaca ‘tock is my fave :)

8. I’m suddenly very hesitant to try those choclates in the moderation lounge.

9. Happy tocking, tocking happy tock!
    Tock about things you like to do!

10. I want an alpaca-tock pillow!! De-gassed, of course.

11. I’ve just been mooned by a peacock…

12. YAY! It’s now OFFICIALLY Tocktober! And Meg has lost her friggin’ mind!

But. I. LOVE. EET! ;)

Great post, Meg! You had me chortling loudly (and at the office, no less!). I give you a 21-bum salute!

13. Any more tock-o’s left at the Moderation Lounge buffet?

(There has to be a way to adjust the filter so that it doesn’t keep moderating “bad” letter sequences in the middle of legitimate words!)

14. Tocktober and Nosevember are the bestest ever!

15. skippymom says:

I have Bonnie Raitt’s home phone number, if anybody wants to call her with questions about this song.

16. Whoo, throw yo hands in the air!

17. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but frog ‘tock is kinda cute. I had no idea!

18. skippymom says:

No, seriously, I do.

19. So cute!

20. Rockin’ Tocktober.

21. Don’t applaud! Throw money!

22. flutterby says:

Yet another quality, tocktacular post by fearless Meg! I am not worthy !!!!

Bowing low in the presence of such genius *bows* hoping nobody iz lookin’ at MY tocks !

23. Goodness that’s a lot of ‘tocks.

24. terrific!!

25. victoreia says:

*giggle*

*clears throat* Please support ‘Tocktober. Donate now!

*collapses giggling*

26. victoreia says:

Love, LOVE, LOVE the hovertexts!

27. Fird Birfle says:

heh heh

28. Fird Birfle says:

29. Fird Birfle says:

alpaca ‘tocks, giraffe ‘tocks, bee ‘tocks & of course, ephelunt ‘tocks !!!

squee x 400 !!!!

30. Fird Birfle says:

8-O

31. Fird Birfle says:

ps: the froggie & his/ her ‘tocks, resemble a bright, clean, fresh green pepper …..

32. Yes, best Tocktober hovertext evar!!!

33. I love how the Alpaca Nights Date Quest is still ongoing! Fluffy ‘tocks!

But seriously, when is it? o_O

34. I’m a little hesitant to invest my (considerable) ass-ests in the ‘tock market at the moment.

35. warrior rabbit says:

I thought he looked like a bell pepper.

36. I am looking a these pictures of tocks wile my cat is repeatedly trying to shove her tock in my face and I’ve decided tocks are cuter in picture!!!!

37. sabrina rose says:

So funny, so clever, so precious, so cutely overloaded! Love it!! Tocktober rocks!!!

38. Law, I laughed thru the whole thing, but laughed loudest at:
    “Your ‘tocks are bulbous,”
    and “[baboons singing backup].”
    Just. so. brill.

39. Bwahahaha!!! :D

40. Yay!! In my opinion, it’s just not Toctober until Meg whips out the Bee Tocks and a little Bonnie Raitt. All Hail Meg!!

41. victoreia says:

[locker full of tiny alien people] “All Hail Meg! All Hail Meg”

42. Mary (the first) says:

I’d love her number. Can you post it for all of us?

43. Tock it to me!!

44. HA!!! Nicely played. :)

45. I LOVE Bonnie Raitt. And this version was super funny! :)

46. Meg: In a word – epic. :-)

47. AuntieB, are you still in the Mod Lounge? Here, in honor of Meg’s official posting of the Tocktober Anthem, I’ve baked a batch of Moon Pies for the Lounge…

48. Yes, I hear Standup & Poo(rs) advises that chips are down as well.

49. victoreia says:

Niiice!

50. cellarmouse says:

yes, indeed, a thank-you is in order …

51. cellarmouse says:

Law? As in lawsie? I am so with friends … yeah, thanks are in order …

52. HAW!

53. Brilliant post Meg ! This shot of tequila is for you ! (bottoms up !)

54. Aha! That’s why the cat is going nuts!

55. Francesca says:

CORGI TOCKS WE NEED CORGI TOCKS! MOMOS!!!!!!!

56. brinkeguthrie says:

totally tocktacular

57. You bet your sweet bippy!!

58. :)

59. Downright in-tocks-icating!

A standing ovation for the Grand PooBah-ess of Cute!

Also, YAY pachyderms!!!

60. Oh! And who put carnuba wax on that frog? *shakes head in disbelief* Some peoples’ kids, I tell ya’….

61. Megumi's Mom says:

is there a microbrewery making a triple tock for Tocktoberfest?

62. Someone who clearly misunderstood the name and uses for “Turtle Wax”…

63. obvy!

64. When I was a kid, we walked 1 mi. to school everyday with wanton disregard for expressing distance in its metric equivalent, on our hands on a concrete sidewalk with cracks in it, narrowly avoiding breaking our mothers’ backs, uphill both ways, in the drizzle with bulky full-sized manual umbrellas, not miniature light weight automatic travel ones. We called each other on land lines from phones tethered to the wall with a cord, our parents drank coffee they brewed themselves in a percolator from pre-ground coffee that came from a 2-lb. metal can that actually came with 2 lbs. of coffee in it, and most importantly, we knew that Turtle Wax is for REPTILES not AMPHIBIANS. And we liked it (but not on Facebook because Mark Zuckerberg didn’t exist). Kids these days, I tell ya’. Puttin’ Turtle Wax on a frog. Now. I’ve. Heard. Everything. 8O

65. I’m out now!

And there’s something about “pies” during Tocktober that just…I dunno…

66. “Turtles are tockin’, tockin’ ’bout turtles.”
    LMAO!!! ;D

I think this alone is going to keep me in stitches for days! Mostly cuz I can’t get this tune out of my head now.

Thanks a lot, Meg! :D

67. Alice Shortcake says:

I am not familiar with the original ‘tock-free version of this song. It is a situation I intend to rectify with all speed.

68. And Pluto was a planet!

69. Don’t Look, Ethel!!

It was too late. She’d already been mooned. Flashed her, right there inside the elephant compound!

70. alwayscataddict says:

Now THAT’s what I’m ‘tocking about!! (Can’t believe no one said that already…) :)

71. Andi in NC says:

Now fall has offcially arrived!

72. Andi in NC says:

my head is offically spinning with mid-70’s memories!!

73. At first I thought it was a puppeh! But look at the feet! The feet! A bunneh!!

74. You simply can’t beat a wrinkled lellefant ‘tock, but an enormous furry bunny ‘tock is a very close second. Yay for ‘Tocktober!!

75. Peatock!

76. Umm, duh!

77. The Bee ‘tocks…holy Hannah, the bee ‘tocks keeeeeled meh! : )

78. My favorite is: Ok, now I’m looking at a bird butt. At the office. I’m going to get fired. :)

And I still think that french bulldog looks like a piggee from the back!

79. I Haz a Funny Bone says:

Meg, the hovertext is absolutely fabulous. So goes with the whole verse/refrain-thing ya’ got going on. This post deserves an award!!

80. Simply. AWEsome. Great – now I have Bonnie Raitt in head… with incorrect lyrics… :)

81. That’s right! :-)

82. Here he comes! (look at that, look at that)
    There he goes! (look at that, look at that)
    AND HE AIN’T WEARIN’ NO CLOTHES!

83. Fanniemae's mom says:

anyone notice what is on the ground next to the baby elephant in the pic of mom and baby walking away from the camera? What is it? Looks like it has legs – sorta.

84. Absolutely hysterical. I love Tocktober!

85. Fird Birfle says:

WINS

86. Fird Birfle says:

“bottoms up” = tequila ‘tocks :)

87. Fird Birfle says:

*joins the standing O for Tha Meg*

88. And we didn’t have faxes, or sticky notes, or texting. We actually cooked food, no nuking. We only had one phone line in a house of 8 people, three of whom at any given time were teenagers. Kids these days.

89. Hu-bun-gous :P

90. Pat Trenner says:

Ms. Meg = super genius, and a suh-weet singer too.

91. I sang right along with the words, and now this song is stuck in my head. -_-

92. Cosmeoflower says:

I’m just curious, but what EXACTLY is the melody of the ‘tocks song? :P

93. And kimmaroo & Co. had to fight their way through herds of velociraptors WHILE WALKING UPHILL.

94. victoreia says:

On our hands! Both ways!

Harumph!

95. Fird Birfle says:

** to Andi in NC (above)
    to the best of my knowledge, this song was from a later album by Bonnie Raitt.
    She did release some albums in the 1970s but this album & song specifically didn’t come out until about 1991.

**to Cosmeoflower:
    Here is a link for the song’s lyrics & I think there is a “play” arrow where you can listen to it also!!

96. yay for considerable ass-ets 260O!

97. such a fabulous song, and such a genius version. I love you Meg! little baby elephantpants climbing over the log remains one of my very favorite photos evah!!!

98. I love me a bunny butt. I can’t stop staring… it’s… it’s… In-tocks-icating.
    (My apologies if that pun was already taken… I just couldn’t read every post… LOL)

99. It’s now official: Tocktober is here!!!!!

100. Baby ‘tocks rock!!! Love ‘em with their mommies!

101. I had a turtle named Speedy for 22 years. I was so in love with the turtle tocks pictured here.

102. Ha! That was just incredibly brilliant. And tock-a-licious!

103. No apologies to Bonnie needed–you made the song better.

104. bob drummond says:

It’s TOCKTOBER everybody, bottoms up !!!

105. Red Rider says:

I’ve been a fan for over 4 years. This is The. Best. Post. Ever. And Bonnie R. should be honored you picked her song to adapt to your awesome post. Thanks for the props to Tocktober!