His Owners Have Fur on the Ceiling

Great Pyrenees rank very low on being high-strung. And they rank very high in big dog confidence. So you know what that means right? They’re puddles of goo and proud of it!

This is Pierre, the Great Pierrenees (OK, Pyrenees) as a huge baby, adopted through a local animal shelter. Photo by Jonathan. Sent in by Lillian R.

1. those are some mighty toe beans!!

2. victoreia says:

8-O Toebeans!

3. skippymom says:

The Mighty Toebeans would be a good name for a band.

4. Fird Birfle says:

5. emmberrann says:

6. Thirded!

And the world tour could be sponsored by Bush’s! ;-)

7. Y’all… should maybe just make a band, y’know?

8. Mighty Mighty Toebeans!

9. Whoa. This is the first time I’ve found toebeans FRIGHTENING.

10. More like toe MELONS.

11. Pink toes, black nose, fur all up in the air!
    They are lucky people!!!

12. Fird Birfle says:

THAT is a bebbeh????

13. Could almost be a bebbeh polar bear.

14. Fird Birfle says:

Truthiness. Excellent point.

15. I love my Great Pyreneeses! They are just big balls of fluffy love!

16. Great dogs, indeed. We sponsored an event at my workplace a couple of weeks ago to benefit one of our charities (Grey Muzzle, an organization that finds homes for senior dogs), in which we basically turned the lobby of our building, and the parking lot, into a dog park for the day. It was GREAT. I did facepainting for the kids, and brought my very mellow Husky mix along. She pretty much chilled at my feet the whole time I was there.

Anyway, they had adoptable dogs, a rescue dog demonstration, and therapy dogs. One of these therapy dogs was a Great Pyrenees. People were asking if they could pet the dog, and the handler replied yes, he was a therapy dog. It was like touching a cloud.

17. I want to touch a cloud, please!

18. Billie-Jo says:

Look at those feetsies!

19. :) I just love people that love their pets so much – as evidenced by getting down on the floor with the camera!

And also, I want to touch that bottom leep!

20. skippymom says:

Just touch it, cj? Not SMOOOOOOCH it?

21. heh heh… well ok, first just give it a little tug with my finger, then a smooch!

22. Martha in Washington says:

This is sooo much better to have laying on your floor than a polar bear rug! And almost as big!

23. Chelsea Lockwood says:

I want him!!

24. Moi, Actually says:

O my! Polar pup paw pudding.

25. O.k. who rubbed that puppeh with a balloon ?

26. He looks plum tuckerded out.

27. O.k. Who rubbed that puppeh with a balloon ?
    (sorry if this shows up twice I didn’t see my comment when I posted it the first time & didn’t get a “waiting for moderation massage ( message)” . I figured I hit a wrong button)

28. ooops ! there it is after I posted the second time SORRY!

29. I was thinking, “MudBug’s comment just bears repeating.” :-)

30. So cute with his puppy fur all standing up, I can almost smell the puppy breath!
    Oh if only my cats would allow me a puppy :cry: :sniff: :sniff:

31. Love! We have GP guard dogs and they are such wonderful dogs!

32. The size of those baby paws frighten me. At least his fur’s not fire engine red, then I’d really be scared.

33. skippymom says:

34. As in Clifford the ridiculously large red dog

35. skippymom says:

Oh crap, I’m a children’s librarian and I didn’t pick up on the reference. (gives self dope slap)

36. swallowing books says:

i work in a branch with my area being juveniles, trust me skippymom i’ll be mimicking that gesture.

37. victoreia says:

Baby???? 8-O

38. emmberrann says:

Yup, that’s some Baby! I’ll bet he can snarf up a 50# bag of puppeh-foods in one go.

39. And I’ll betcha his hyoomins have to bring a backhoe to pick up his poopies when they take him out for walkies.

40. Beautiful pup! I have twin Great Pyrenees/German Shepherd puppies that just turned 1. The girl is 95 lbs and the boy is 140. They are both gentle as lambs and try to herd little kids. I love my huge puppies.

41. Oh, and I too have fur on my ceiling :)

42. Lucky you :)

43. I did NOT bring my Great Pyr/blue heeler mix to the aforementioned dog event for that reason: he weighs 140 lbs and loves everyone, and can be a bit intimidating to little kids because of his herding instinct. He means well, but he can definitely press on you when he wants attention.

44. Pyrs are the best babysitters in the world. Super sweet and never needy. I miss my three I had growing up.

45. eeeeee! big doggeh!

aaaand now I need a “wet floor” sign for my office… I’ve melted into my own little goo puddle. the Goo Puddle Formerly Known As Tracylee.

46. Lewis n' Clark says:

wait, did Tocktober already melt into Nosevember?

47. I love large-breed puppies. It’s so fun to watch them lumber about on their huge feet!

48. My aunt has 3 Great Pyrenees to watch over her goat herd and they are the greatest furballs ever! It’s like hugging an ambulatory pillow.

49. emmberrann says:

Interesting concept, the ambulatory pillow. That’s almost as good as the orthopedic hat.

50. Snow Flake!

51. That puppeh has big paws to fill!

52. We had some friends who had a lovely girl Pyrenees named Princess. When we had to go out of town, they dog-sat our wee Cairn, Corky. Well, Corky took a real shine to Princess & um, tried his darndest to uh, ya know….create lil’ Cairnenees. (insert blushy smiley here)

53. I think a good running jump would be required for success . . . . or at least a stepladder.

54. Do ya’ think Pierre came with a saddle? He’s the floofiest horse I’ve ever seen.

55. Tadakichi-san in the anime series Azumanga Daioh is a Great Pyrenees, and though he doesn’t come with a saddle, he makes for a fine steed: http://top5anime.blogspot.com/2010/11/top-5-anime-dogs.html (Scroll down to #3. The video loops after 45 seconds, just in case you were wondering.)

56. *Snorfulegest snorfity snorrrrfffffffffffff*

I could snorf dat all day long.. I’d have a GEN+U+Ahine snorf problem if that bebeh lived with me..