I Officially Approve of the New Water Bowl [English Accent]

Yeeeeeees! THIS will do. [displaces water with 'tocks]

His Majesty is pleased thanks toSir Phillip “Ant” Pi.

Comments

1. Fird Birfle says:

Eeeez cute, no doubt.
    Eeeez black & white and fuzzy & then eeez wet.

However, eez also, somewhat, a puzzlement :)

2. My poodle does this with his water bowl. Cute the first time, but moping the floor gets a bit tiresome.

3. What breed is he – my Grandson had a Springer – who loves water – can’t keep him away from the darned stuff.
    Thanks to his Majesty – no your Grace – is not a puzzlement to me

4. I can see it’s going to be a wet ‘Tocktober.

5. …This doggie uses the same logic as my kitty! I got her a bigger litter box and she proceeded to sleep right on top of it.

6. He’s a Landseer, according to the youtube. Landseers are very similar to Newfoundlands. Very very cool!

7. Hi Fird Burfle – you got in ahead of me – well great minds think alike I guess

8. I think you should get him a wading pool! he obviously wants to go swimming in it

9. earlybird1 says:

I love how the owners have just resigned themselves to the fact that there WILL be water all over their floor. And they have put his bowl on a shield tray and a rug to absorb the joyful splashingks. No use fighting it with a dog like that! :) I imagine the kitchen floor is full of puddly pawprints. Imagine stepping in those while in your sock feet!

10. Now he has to drink buttwater!!! noooo

11. English accent? Which English accent? A posh, Home Counties, teddibly well-shpoken RP? Or a pirate-y West Country (arr!) Or Mancunian? Or Scouse? Or Yorkshire (“One on’t cross beams gone owt askew on treadle!”) ? Or Black Country? Or Geordie? Or whuh? :P

12. A Landseer is a Newfoundland, I thought.

13. Probably Yorkshire “Gerrout yer watter ye daft Pup – yon’s fer drink – I’ll gi’ yer a BATH inna minnit, while I finish me Tea”

14. The same English accent this guy had:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Henry_Landseer
    Same name, they must be related! Although, I don’t know if Sir Edwin liked to sit in dog bowls.

15. They are going to need a MUCH bigger bowl as this guy gets older!! On the other hand, it should be no problem to get him to take a bath!

16. puppeh bideh

17. (The Original) Mel says:

He’s obviously making Dog Tock Soup in honor of Tocktober.

18. That’s right! it’s Tocktober! Bring on the ‘Tocks!

19. So silly. :)

20. While Dethan’s obedience school instructor clearly said and meant “Sits”, Dethan obviously heard “Sitz…” Oy vey.

21. I agree with Jeane ! Get that puppeh a kiddie pool ! Then he(?) can get a drink from a seated position. & who knows if the pool er…. I mean “bowl” is big enough maybe some of the water will stay in the bowl. o.k. I admit there’s not MUCH of a chance but you never know it could be enough.

22. kibblenibble says:

….aaannd sleep in a butt bed! :lol:

23. starlinguk says:

STILL not big enough.

24. Kari Callin says:

First came boxes…and Maru. Now it’s bowls…and Dethan. What’s next? Horse trough……and Mr. Ed? ;)

25. His “look” at the end of the video is so adorable yet sad at the same time: “THIS is the best you can do?!…*Harumph*”

26. snoopysnake says:

Does Dethan share a home with a cat named Cethan, a fish named Fethan, a bird named Bethan, a snake named Snethan, a rabbit named Rethan, a lizard named Lethan, and a fruit bat named Eric?

27. Well played, Nikki; well played.

28. By the time this guy is full grown, he’ll need more than a kiddie pool. Possibly an Olympic-sized pool. More likely, Lake Michigan. That’s where all the Newfies I know hang out.

29. Fird Birfle says:

(After all the times that I’ve arrived late, to the party, here @ CO ….)

30. OMG, just OMG! How adorable is this? Puppehs are endlessly amusing to moi. What a beautiful pup. I almost thought he was a St. Bernard, then a Bernese Mountain dog, but yeah, I guess Newfoundland would be just about right. What a cutie pie.

31. Fird Birfle says:

izzat ennywhere around Sco’land???

Signed,
    Too d*** lazy to check a map ….

32. Fird Birfle says:

*Muttley snicker **

33. Reminds me of my dear departed cat Bob.

(Hanging out in the water bowl is how he got his name.)

34. Fird Birfle says:

R.I.P. Bob (the) cat ….

35. SECOND Python reference in the comments in this post (After Theresa!) I LOVE you guys!

36. You are correct, Madame Theresa.

37. Hi Fird, I was making a lousy attempt at spelling out a Yorkshire accent – as I remember a friend speaking – I think he would have said something like that – accents aint easy in writing

38. Laughing so hard I’ve had to wipe my eyes…will someone pleeeease get that puppeah a soaking tub? Thanks for a great Sunday snorkle!

39. baileysgrandmom says:

Maybe it’s just his feetsies are too hot?

40. Sounds like a good ‘man with no arms and no legs’ joke
    I love those :)

41. And wear butt pants! Wait, what?

42. Catsquatch says:

“If I keep this up, EVENTUALLY my peeps will REALIZE that I need a KIDDIE POOL and a HAIRCUT, or a MOVE TO ALASKA! Sheesh, humans are hard to train….”

43. its a color type of Neufs. I had a Landseer Newfoundland for many years. She had a very similar face to the pup in the video.

44. :D

45. *snicker*

46. I don’t know why you’re so critical. I do the same thing every time I get a cocktail.

47. :D

48. Sounded pretty authentic to me. My entire knowledge of a Yorkshire accent comes from many years of watching “All Creatures Great and Small.” I’m sure that qualifies me as an expert. 8O

49. potty humor?

50. I hate when THAT happens!

51. It’s fur babies like Bob that make the world go ’round, T.U.M.!

52. Yul is da man!

53. According to dogreedinfo.com, “In the USA and Great Brittan the Landseer is considered the same breed as the Newfoundland, however in some European countries the Landseer is a totally different breed than the Newfoundland.”

54. That’s just an Idle rumor, snoopysnake.

55. My first thought was that he is totally a dog version of Maru-like obsession!!

56. He looks to be a very young, maybe 8 weeks old, Newfoundland. The Black and White coloration is known as the Landseer Newfoundland.

57. 260Oakley says:

Wouldn’t that make it a ‘tocktail?

58. SlaveToCat says:

Awwww….He loves blowing bubbles in the bathtub just like people… :P

59. mais en francais!

60. Matt — Skip — Russell — Eileen — Stew — ah, memories!

61. Moi, Actually says:

“Dog Tock Soup,” you crack me up. Just watch out for the croutons.

62. What do you call two men with no arms and no legs hanging on a window? Curt ‘n Rod. :)

63. Yeah, third grade! :P

64. What do you call a man with no arms and legs in a mailbox?
    Bill

What do you call a man with a spade in his head?
    Doug

What do you call a man with a seagull on his head?
    Cliff

What do you call a guy with cat scratches?
    Claude :P

65. Or worse yet, bare feet in the dark. I had a free roaming bunny that would shove her face in the water dish and leave puddles on the floor. Then she would get my dog to get me up to go out and splish splash. I swear i could hear her laughing at me in the dark.

66. He may be a Newfoundland, but he ought to be a Water Dog (Cantabrian, Portuguese, or Spanish, take your pick). (Of course, Newfoundlands ARE one of the “water dogs,” but this fellow deserves to have it in his NAME.)

Also, that’s the same splash guard in both videos, I assume? Yet in one it’s putty and in the other it’s gray? Lighting probably the same? Different cameras? Just goes to demonstrate how tricky color photography is.

67. The floor looks different too. With photos I can sometimes tweak the colour, but I don’t know how you’d do that with a video.

Looks like the rug is bigger in the second – must have needed more area to catch the splashes :-)

68. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. My momma loved Yul and she taught me to love Yul. What a wonderful Monday this is!! Thanks Fird, you da best!!

69. Ever heard the expression “don’t drink your bathwater”?

70. Where is the LIKE button when you need it!

71. *golf clap*

72. KittyMarthaPoo says:

Pup is all like, “Wow, too much Mexican food yesterday, mah butt is on fire, aaaahhh, this feels much better..”

73. Same exact thought I had, wiven! There’s another adorable vid with him trying to play with the fishies in the aquarium. A canine Maru.

74. Fird Birfle says:

*curtseys in a ladylike manner (with white gloves on, of course)*

75. My kitty does this in the dog’s water dish. She’ll anxiously wait for me to refill it, twining around my ankles and meowing fretfully, then as soon as I set it down, in she goes!

76. Wuh whu well, i-it’s a bit better i-i-I su-p-ppose, but I can’t rrrreally k-quite swim in it yet. Y-you do know I-I am a wuh-whu-water dog?

77. Does the poor thing have hemroids??

78. is her name Stinky?

79. I love how he looks so calm and calculating the whole time. It’s as if he’s thinking “Hmm. Bigger than the last pool they gave me, but I’m not entirely certain if it will suffice. Let’s just see if I can get in here. Well. I can fit in, but it seems I cannot access the water for drinking while sitting in it. What a pickle.”

80. Sexiest bald man ever.

81. LMAO!

82. Sharon Wilson says:

The puppy needs bowl-hab!

83. Cute! Get him a puppy swimming pool!

84. This gave me a good giggle. I would really like to see how he reacts to a kiddie pool – can you imagine the excitement? Ver, ver qte.

85. wannadance says:

is the water bowl serving any other purpose besides drinking and simply sitting in. i, unnmmmm, see certain eyes focusing far away as if concentrating.

tell me
    no pee

86. wannadance says:

and i thought it was a kittuh. jasmine has on her winter coat and except for coloring, she looks very much like that, floofy tail..

time to get off the net….

87. wannadance says:

was just thinking about dinner/

am not now thinking about dinner.

am thinking about, uh, oh, the periodic chart.

by tom lehrer…

88. wannadance says:

89. Fird Birfle says:

aren’t ALL pants, supposed to BE butt pants???

Signed,
    Not entirely certain, that I want to know the answer ….

90. wannadance says:

when…..rop

91. wannadance says:

(CONT)

….ALABAMA gets the bomb…

(more tom lehrer, for the youth in our midst) (sometimes he is the only hope when dogs sit in bowls and look like cats…)

92. wannadance says:

in a baseball game:

first base

93. Yes! x) I was wondering this to myself as I watched the vid, and about 30 seconds in, I decided he must be a Newfoundland! ‘Never seen a Newfoundland with his colors before, but from his sweet little fluff-face and his love for water, I decided he must be a Newfie. Such an adorable pup! <3 this vid :]

94. I had to put my CAT’s water bowl in the bathtub, for that exact same reason. I always know she’s been playing (with her straw) in the water when she comes over and rubs her wet HEAD and/or PAWS all over me. Silly kitty. :)

Kelley O

95. Karen Astner says:

Loved the puppy!! LOVED Yul!! Always have. Thanks for including that in this post. As for the water clean-up duty, well, that’s what kids are for, aren’t they??

96. . . . flying over a fence?

Homer.

97. Never seen a dog do this before…..guess bath time is easy for his humans and a treat for him. My border collie mix could take a lesson from this guy…..Freddy (my dog) is SO hates to ge twet, even in the rain!

98. Butt-er dish

99. heehee. best post of the week all round. 3 paws up.

100. Some young people get it, too!

101. Ah! Gross jokes + baseball = WIN!

102. Fird Birfle says:

103. Water bowl …. or…. bidet?

104. Cutie, must have been a fish in a former life!