Dogs, They’re So Easy

Zee poopay ees in range. Zee poopay suspects nozzink. I shall hold my pozeeshon until zee moment ees right…

Zee poopay ees zo close… …ATTACK!

More Poptart and Cupcake, by Mary K.

1. Poptart and Cupcake? Seriously? I am ded!

2. Cues BAtman Music…

3. Mary (the first) says:

I still don’t know how to make the music notes. How do you do that?

4. Hold down the alt key and at the same time pres 1and then 3 and let go of them to get ♪ , when you let go of the keys it will show up.. and you do the same thing ALT key plus 1 and then the 4 key and when you let go you get ♫ and they have to be the number keys on the seperate number section not the ones over your letter keys..

THis only works on IBM computers not Apple. I am sure apple has equally cool things but not with these instructions.

You get all kinds of symbols using different keys like alt plus 1 and let go gives you ☺ and Alt and 2 key gives you☻ and so on..

5. Fird Birfle says:

The More You Know.

(from NBC) :)

6. muttluver says:

OK seriously, you guys, I’m at college nows, and when I tell people I’m going through dog deprivation, NO ONE GETS ME. *sobs*

So this picture is teh awesomesauce.

7. muttluver says:

Also, a;dfkjad;fja;djf;s is a declaration of excitement, NOT A CUSSWORD.

8. victoreia says:

Here, have a brownie. (I was going to say “cupcake”, but…..)

9. :D
    ANd some hot cocoa because relaly hot cocoa makes everything better especially when combined with a brownie

10. ‘Speshly if you have chocolate-covered marshmallows to float in your cocoa.

11. here you go….. :-)

12. victoreia says:

@kimmaroo: pass me those marshmallows, will ya? Thanks!

13. Hang in there, muttluvr! I went thru the same thing when I was away to college. It was rough! I sometimes went home for the weekend specifically to spend time with her but I would never say that’s why. We get your fur baby withdrawal here!
    *hands muttluvr a box of triple-layer Puffs with lotion* Feel better.

14. “….away AT college….”

15. Fird Birfle says:

Remember, it’s *ALWAYS* due, to some unnamed, malevolent
    Computer Conspiracy agin’ us….

16. I’m pretty sure it’s a vast right-wing conspiracy, but maybe that’s just me…(and the Clintons)

17. That there is an epic brawl about to start.

18. kibblenibble says:

Want! Both! Want Want WAAAANT! *grabby hands*

19. flutterby says:

Eeeeeyaaaaaaagghh!! sez poopay.

20. fish eye no miko says:

21. JLAmusings says:

Oh my gosh- yes! hahaha!

22. starlinguk says:

23. earlybird1 says:

24. Queen of Dork says:

Hahahaha! How funny! He looks all, “RRRRRRRAAAAWWWRRR!!” They look like such good friends. Which trips me out a bit to see that because, peeps? Tomorrow I’m having lunch down on the strip with my best friend from back when we where teenagers! We found each other via the World Wide Web and now she’s coming to visit here in Vegas and we’re going to see each other for the first time in almost 30 years! Wow! (gulp. wipes tears of happiness)

25. Oh that sounds so fun Queenie! Have a great time!!

26. Supremely exciting!! Zee Web eez a vondervul zing!

27. Fird Birfle says:

YAY for Q enjoying something celebrational after her week,
    working hard in The Cubicle!!

28. flutterby says:

*flings confetti everywhere* for QoD !!! Wot a happy event!

29. Queen of Dork says:

Oh thanks! I am happy. :) I can’t wait.

30. What kind of dog is Poptart? She is ridiculously cute! Also, you have to check out the other photos in the link above. The whole set of Poptart photos are darling. What a cutie patootie!

31. Seriously, Nikki, I noticed several references to “Mi-ki” on her owner’s Flickr page. I’m not familiar with the breed so I googled it and found this informative Mi-ki site:
    I think I want one. Or three. :-)

32. I think she’s the quick brown dog that jumps over the lazy fox (of typing class fame).
    *hits carriage return*

33. Queen of Dork says:

OMG! I’m aging myself but does anybody remember learning to type in typing class in high school? Where we learned to type on one of those (now) really old typewriters where you had to push that metal bar thing to move to the next line of text? And those manual typewriters were REALLY loud so it was like:

Teacher: Okay class. Fingers on home row. And begin. asdf (CLACK! CLACK! CLACK! CLACK!) Aaaand return…

34. QoD I remember it all too well. The keys were so stiff and hard to type on compared to computer keyboards too (of course we didn’t know that because computers weren’t around back then).

35. Oh I sure do remember typing class! And that was just before White Out was invented. We had a little wheel-y eraser with a brush on one end to correct our mistakes. When White Out came along it was such a gooey miracle! Ha. Then came the little white strips, and then came the auto-correct typewriters. (a;sldkfjghghfjdksla;–I still do that to warm up sometimes!)

36. I got my first pet dinosaur around the time White Out was invented. 8O

37. Queen of Dork says:

Hahahaha! Thanks, Nikki! I’m glad I’m not the only one to remember Life Before White-Out! (say in deep, ominous, echoey voice). Hahahahaha!

38. Fird Birfle says:

[deep, ominous, echoey voice]
    *Life Before Wite-Out*

*waving like a crazy person towards the western side of the Nation.
    HI Queen!!!
    I’ve sent you a couple of direct emails, earlier today!!

BUT the yahoo acct has burned and crashed so I have to write you on the
    aol acct only now. :(
    So checkitout, ok???

**Please excuse the threadjack & return to your originally scheduled cuteness-viewing**

39. Fird Birfle says:

@ kimmaroo:

40. Ha. Kimmaroo, I think your pet dinosaur was from the typeozoic period… :D

41. e z reader says:

Ladies and Gentlemen and Cutie-pies
    Listen, watch and enjoy “The Typewriter” by LeRoy Anderson

42. Hey Nikki! I’m Poptart’s mom. She is a mi-ki (sometimes spelled miki). Thanks for saying such nice things about her. <3 <3

43. That pup has the most beepable nose I have ever seen. So………………..

44. Cupcake and Winston – separated at birth?

45. Queen of Dork says:

No particular reason. Except that Sir Elton John is HERE TONIGHT IN THIS CITY. (ahem. please excuse the yelling).

46. Gotta love a Brit who loves American cocker spaniels:

47. Now I’m in the Mod Lounge for typing in a certain dog breed of spaniel fame (begins with “c” and ends with “ocker”). Oh, the humanity! :-(

48. Think I’ll have some tea in honor of Sir Elton.
    *checks inside purse*
    Now where did I put that infuser…..

49. that would make it hard to enjoy your Moderation Lounge Cocktail.

50. Karen Astner says:

Did not mind the yelling AT ALL!!! Sir Elton is a long-time favorite of mine. I have been fortunate enough to have seen him perform twice here in KC, MO at the Kemper Arena. He does an awesome show! I saw him prior to his marriage and getting his son. There’s no one like him. How he plays the piano so well with those stubby fingers of his is an art I cannot fathom. What a wonderful person. You have made my day! Along with these wonderful cutie-pie pictures.

51. Its a bebbeh Chewbacca!!

52. Fird Birfle says:

Zee dogue and zee Katte, it seems to me, dat zey are “Matchingks”, no???? :)

53. Completely understand the puppy withdrawal. We were away for 5 weeks and our 2 fur girls stayed on a farm with our son and his wife, (kinda doggy awaycamp) and we missed them soooo much we almost came home early from our vacation. They just burrow into your heart and can’t be dislodged. One of ours looks a lot like Cupcake; she is a maltese/yorkie mix — the other is a long-haired Chihuahua that we call our Magnum Chihuahua cause she now weighs 14 lbs and is 26″ long. They own our hearts and minds.

54. okay peeps, gotta share this: i was talking to a new friend and she said a girl came in late to work crying because “her cat was sick” and new friend said, “please, it’s an ANIMAL! get over it!”
    and I said to myself, can I really be friends with this person after hearing her say this?

55. I couldn’t.

56. it’s too bad… I really liked her! ;)

57. muttluver says:

You can, it just won’t be the same.

58. Karen Astner says:

I SO loved these two pictures! Just too cute! Never had a dog. Am a cat person primarily, but can appreciate the photos and can feel the fuzzies. Thanks for sending these along.

59. Anyone who loves cats and kittayns, you MUST see this (get the tissues ready):

The kitten’s “mommy” is one of my Facebook friends. She has another cat, Willow, whose story is equally amazing. I’ve suggested to her that she submit some photos to Cuteoverload.

60. Karen Astner says:

I’ve done that song as well. So I LOVED seeing this performance. It was well done! Thanks for providing this for our entertainment. I still make my living by typing. Fortunately, I use the computer now, not the kind of typewriter this gentleman used. I learned on the Underwood typewriter which was my favorite until the Selectric came out. Does this date me or what??!!