Happy Birthday, Cute Overload!

On this most special occasion
We kitties would like to take
The chance to scramble over each other
To get the last piece of cake.

Jayda K. is celebrating, too: “These are our kittens. Siri (the mum) adopted us about two months ago and had her babies here. We love them. They turned a month old, so we had a little party for them. Me and my roomie were the only humans.”

Comments

1. Bumble the Bunny says:

aww! one of them has got their paw over another mouth as if to say ‘this is MA birthday, not yours!’

2. Awwwww, sheesh, birfday kittens! You all-us know what I love :)

3. OMG, the tiny hats! The tiny noses! The tiny ears! The tiny muzzlepuffs! The tiny…I’m dying…

4. There is nothing about this I don’t love, including the hats, the whiskers, and the adoring tone of the sender-inner. Yay!

5. Miss Schnozz wishes Cute Overload the happiest of birthdays, but she tells me she’d rather chase those kittens than sit through their dumb party.

She’s got a bit of an attitude today, not sure what’s gotten into her. Sorry…

6. I want a pile o’ kittens! I demand that a pile o’ kittens appear in my lap immediately or I will be very upset.

7. I got those moderation blues….

8. kittens in party hats… *sigh*…

y’all are really making this not-a-cat-person thing difficult, you know that?!

9. Is it really Cute Overload’s birthday? Or should I say “berfday?” Happy berfday, and thanks for all the cuteness!

10. Here, Skippymom, have a fancy birthday cupcake while you play pin the tail on the slow loris in the Mod Lounge.

11. Hippo Birdy Two Ewes Cute Overload! Meg, where should we send the presents?!?

12. The kitteh with the yellow hat looks like an old man wearing a red and blue tie and is about to get back to his wife from work, and she is twice as big as him and scares him.

13. Where does one find such teensy weensy hats??? I might like to try them on all of my cats. HAHAHAHhAHAHHHAaaa… And then I wouldn’t be able to type, as I would have had my arms scratched off.

And the blue eyyyyyyees!!!

14. Martha in Washington says:

Kittens in Party Hats? Why don’t you just come to my house in the middle of the night and bludgeon me in the head with a blunt instrument…the effect is the same!

15. Thanks, Nikki! (slurping frosting)

16. Martha in Washington says:

And also…HAPPY BIRTHDAY CO!!!! *throws handfuls of confetti*

17. Just curious, Martha–did you get that through without moderation?

18. To me! It’s my birthday too!! :D

19. Hee hee, it’s working!

20. Kittaynes’ guilt-ridden facial expressions are giving them away. They’re probably hiding tuna cocktails and mouse hostages in the corner under the cushions.

Happy Birthday to you, Cute Overload, O Big Kahunas of Cute!!!!!!!
    *bows down and chants*
    I’m not worthy. I’m not worthy. I’m not…..

21. Hipy papy bthudth thudthday to you, o beloved and highly esteemed Madame Theresa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Happy Day, Theresa!

23. Happy Dance, Happy Dance on this greatest of all days…..CO Berfday!!!!
    WOOHOO……so much to celebrate…gotta go home to my pups, kitty and bunbun and have some cake!
    Congrats all!!
    Oh yeah, cute pile o’ kittes too :lol:

24. Ah! It’s my birthday too!! I’m going to pretend kitties in party hats are just for me… (they are, right!?)

25. Having just gotten some news that made me royally pissed off, I come to CO to try and calm myself down…and am greeted with kittehs in party hats. Well played, CO and I’m not even a cat person (allergies, don’tcha know).

Happy birthday, CO.

26. And by the way, you and CO have the same birthday? Did your parents get together with Meg and plan that?

27. Back in the Mod Lounge again. I found the chopped liver and rye toast. Now where did I put that martini shaker again….

28. Squee! Happy Birthday, dear Theresa! May all your birthdays, and the years that follow, be stinkin’ cute.

29. I couldn’t have said it better meself, occula!

30. I *think* the party hats may be homemade. Which makes this even cuter.

31. Happy Birthday, CO. Thanks for many, many laughs, smiles and tears over the years.

32. Ooh look, birthday wishes from the Itteh Bitteh Kitteh Committeh (Or at least some kittens pretending to be the IBKC)

33. Fird Birfle says:

*applies Hello Kitty defibriwhateveryoucallit*

34. Fird Birfle says:

*waitress voice*
    Heeeeeere ya go, ma’am!!!

35. Fird Birfle says:

re. tracylee: *sympathetic giggle*

36. Fird Birfle says:

@ Nikki: ah, so YOU remember that lady’s greeting cards, or saw her material somewhere…. one of my ALLTIME fave permutations of the berfday greeting. :)

37. Hey–it’s almost my birthday, too! Mine is September 28.

Many happy returns of the day to ye, Theresa! You, me, and CO all born within the same few days…

38. Fird Birfle says:

yay Martha in Washington’s comment time/marked 1:17 pm!!!!

39. Fird Birfle says:

Here’s the Blinged-Out martini shaker :)

(PS: several alternative nifty photos were all tiny so this is the best I could do on short notice ….Enjoy!)

40. Fird Birfle says:
  41. Grey sweetheart in the middle: *spits out fur* Just great Bob, you clocked me right in the jaw. Now how am I going to look in the family portrait tomorrow?!

42. Happy Birthday, Cute Overload!

Many thanks to Meg and all her helpers for bringing a whole lot of cute and joy into my life. It’s appreciated :)

43. what party store stocks kitteh sized party hats??

44. Fird Birfle says:

wow such a plethora of sub-topics, here.

ONE: YAY Meg / yay CO berfday !!
    (side note: how’s Goose?)

Two: yay Mike; stellar work as always. Does your mudder know
    how “perfectly perfect” you are? or did you actually occasionally do something incorrect, as a child????

Three: “Hippo Birdie” also to la Therese!!!

Are things chez vous, stinkin’, chez vous, today?
    Or did you use some Febreze and Glade???
    Was there a pile o’ kittens left on your porch this morning?

45. My niece and nephews are huge Boynton fans. Their favorite book is “Hippos Go Berserk.” :D

46. sunnylessmum says:

I think the mini marmie has her own li’l green bongo drum there. :)
    Happy Birthday CO, if it wasn’t for this site I would nevah make it through a work day!

47. Poifect! Mercy buckups!

48. Fird Birfle says:

Sandra Boynton…..BOOKS?????

The NEXT thing you know, you’ll be telling me that they’ve invented TELEVISION or something :)

49. Happy B-day CO.
    I only wish I had a kitten to give you . . . no, wait looks like you have plenty there.

50. heh heh heh…..

51. Um, Fird…..?

52. But much less painful!

53. *quietly starts shifting kittens to picnic basket* *tip-toes off with kit-n-kaboodle while folks are arguing over cake in the Mod Lounge*

54. Fird Birfle says:

*saunters down the road, snapping fingers jauntily…. & whistling the tune…”

55. Fird Birfle says:

“eh- HEM.” 8-O

56. And of course happy birthday to CO, too! I don’t know how I survived without you in my life…

57. Wait! you forgot the anchovy-stuffed jalapenos!

58. Moderation? For anchovies???

59. Mary (the first) says:

Every “not a cat person” I’ve ever known has succumbed to the charms of real live kittehs when available. From my grandfather to the “not a cat” friend who has 5 (count them, five) cats.

60. Happy Birfday CO!! And many more!!

61. Mary (the first) says:

That was great! Was that Red Skelton at the beginning??

62. Mary (the first) says:

Happy Berfday to CO and thanks for all the fish! :D And adorable kittehs, does that even need to be said?

63. Fird Birfle says:

“NO ONE expects the Spanish Inquisition…..”

see, Theresa??
    I *TRIED* to tell you, that anchovies & jalopenos were NOT the way to go …..

*shifty eyes*

64. Fird Birfle says:

*blink* *blink*

Yes, v????
    Was there something you wanted to say???

*blink* *blink*

65. Happy Birthday Cute Overload! I am proud to share my big day with you! Thank you for such a delightful birthday present as the picture above. What a great way to celebrate my birthday

66. Yup.

67. Oooh, Victoreia, you BIG SNEAK!!! 8O

68. Oh HAPPY BIRTHDAY Theresa!! I hope you are having a fantastic day today!
    Smooch!
    Nikki

Here’s a little b’day entertainment…

69. I loved her stuff. In fact, I still have a Boynton coffee mug from college with a bird in a sombrero standing in the middle of a huge flock of birds. The caption says “Juan in a million…”

70. OH, HAPPY DAY CUTE OVERLOAD, THERESA and BABEH KITTEHS !! Also throwing multicolored confetti and glitter in celebration!!!!

71. *sneaks up behind V., releases secret bottom hatch in basket so kittehs fall out into fleece-lined butt-bed, runs away, giggling madly* ;-)

72. CO, you make every day as much fun as my birthday (just over a week ago). Happy B-day to all the 26thers out there! September birthdays are the best!

73. Hippo Birdy (lovin’ that) to CO and everybody who has a birfday today! *blows noisemaker thingy and throws confetti*

74. Hip hip HUZZAH for CO!

75. Thank you everybody!!! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

76. Ali, you got a portable butt-bed? 8O

77. leaves of cat grass says:

happy birthday CO!!! you had me at “i’m inno-cent”!! and happy birthday to kittens, theresa, and every kitten/puppy/otterling/etc… that was born on this fine day…

78. Theresa and CO both having b-days? That calls for some double pun-tendres! Or maybe I’ll just eat two cupcakes.

79. Theresa, the moderation machine is on overdrive these days. Come sit by me, I’ve been in the mod lounge so long, that I had time to make you a 3-tiered birthday cake and some butter-poached salmon for Dante…

80. Some people do find anchovies offensive but moderation seems a bit stringent. I’ve been in zee lounge for over 5 hrs. for mouse h0$t-age$. I shoulda known better but I didn’t even think about it before I sent the comment. Moderator must be busy doin’ that birthday party thang.

81. Well, here I am, late to the party – hmph! Anywho, I just wanted to say:

HAPPY BIRFDAY, CO!!!! and thanks for all the happiness you bring!

and

HAPPY BIRFDAY TO THERESA – ye of the stinkin’ cute!

and

HAPPY BIRFDAY TO ANYONE ELSE on this wondermus day

and

OMG! WHAT CUTE KITTAYNS IN TINEE PARTEE HATS!

*wonders if all this shouting will land me in the mod lounge*

82. Dang, I was really hoping I get to go to the mod lounge for 3-tiered b-day cake, poached salmon and martinis – don’t care for the anchovies though – blech!

83. Happiest of birthdays Cute Overload !!!
    It’s a good thing the computer separates you Meg from all your adoring followers otherwise you wouldn’t be able to breathe from getting all of our hugs !

84. (The Original) Mel says:

Why do I not know of this Hello Kitty defibrillator?

85. Wheeee!

86. Can we try Akvavit martinis?? It sounds delish, espesh with all the chopped liver, etc.

87. Happy Dance!!

I haven’t heard that song in ages! :D

88. Fird Birfle says:

Have you had any near-deth experiences lately, which required resuciwhateveryoucallit?????

89. Martha in Washington says:

Yeah, my comment went right through, darnit! Sounds like I missed a heckuva party in the Lounge! :cry:

90. we had cake at work today.
    this explains it.

91. Happy Birthday Cute Overload. It is also my wheaten terrier Anouk’s 5th birthday! I am going to make her wear a party hat tonight, so there may be bloodshed (my blood, that is)

92. bob drummond says:

hAPPY BIRTHDAY DAER TERRY ,HAPPY BIRDAY 2 U…………

93. bob drummond says:

YIKES! I MISSPELLED DEAR! OH DEER!

94. bob drummond says:

You’re one in a million
    a million to one !
    –Frankie ? and the Teenagers ’50s

95. bob drummond says:

Anyway , HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2 EVERYONE !!!

96. Sure & you betcha.

97. Happy, Happy two ewes, happy birthday two ewes, happy birthday dear ewes, happy birthday to EWES!!!!!eleventy-one!!!11!!!!

98. KittyMarthaPoo says:

You are correct. My mother was a total dog person. After her last dog passed away, I told her Mom, we’re getting you a CAT. OMG she dotes on Miss Pepper Princess kitty all day long, she talks about her all the time, shows pictures of her to strangers, etc. :)

99. Happy Birthday CO! Thanks for all the joy you give to the peeps and may you have many more birthdays (with cute critters in teeny hats) ahead!

100. I have a Boynton mug, too, Nikki. Mine is the cow that says “Outstanding in your field” or something like that! I love her stuff. Have you seen the Christmas cards she had?

101. bob drummond says:

I think the full name was FRANKIE LYMON …..

102. Thanks! Just what I needed!

103. Fird Birfle says:

“shows pics of her to strangers…” = MARVELOUS & delightful!

104. Happy Birthday, Cute Overload! May you overload peeps with cuteness throughout many more years! May your flying hammypants continue to glide through pudding fights, cuteness explosions, rainbow barfs, and glass-shattering squees!

105. AWW :D Those kitties are real cuties :D Are you planning to keep them and their mom, Jayda K. :D

106. I want to meet your Mom, and see her kitty photos!!! Wonderful!

107. Yep! I got it at Dollar General, in the home accessories dept.! :-)