Your Concern is Very Touching

Tell us where you last saw your rack, ma’am. I’ll form the search party.

It will turn up sooner or later, Veronica H.

1. Just one more thing ma’am…

2. Fird Birfle says:

heh heh

To those who are fewer than 25 yrs old …thees ees a specific reference,
    to a tv cops show BEFORE CABLE television existed !!!! [dun dun DUN]

[actually I’m goin’ out on a limb sayin’ that but I’m pretty certain of the dates involved]

3. You are being kind, the original series was from 1971 to 1978, that’s the one I remember most. But there were Columbo TV movies after that and they ended in 2003. I always forget that not everyone is as old as I am :lol:

4. I attended high school and college from 1971 to 1978 and I remember Columbo (and that line) very well. I actually saw Peter Falk in person on a business trip to L.A. in 1991. We were driving thru a residential section of Beverly Hills and he was driving a Jeep Wrangler with the top down. He was stopped to make a left turn and we were headed in the opposite direction. If I hadn’t been with business colleagues, I probably would have rolled the window down and asked him to repeat after me, “Just one more thing ma’am…”

5. Fird Birfle says:

You were tres observant, in knowing it was he !!!!
    and enjoyable story!

6. Columbo rocks!!! I wasn’t even born till ’83, but I have seen every movie and episode. Love that show.

7. I loved his car. We had two like it, except they were sedans, not convertibles.

8. Ham and eggs?

9. i was going to go with Ham and Glam

cuz you never see supermodels carrying kittehs in their cleavage which you also never see them carrying

but yours is teh wins

10. Hams ‘n’ Mams

11. Hahahahaha!

12. That works. ;-)

13. A rack of ham.

14. I know we’ll have nuffers, and I have plenty of popcorn ready for the inevitable . . . (passes around white ceramic bowl with “popcorn” in blue letters, filled to the brim with salted buttery goodness . . . )
    But I’ve gotta be honest. . . a rack is a great place to carry stuff ‘specially when your hands are full. Not to mention that it is a lovely, soft, warm, calming place for wee vulnerable ones to snuggle in, which, frankly, is why we have las boobitas in the first place.

15. i wonder if you have just written the official explanation for our love of the boobehs on CO.

16. Fird Birfle says:

*excusing self from this round,
    since I’m sometimes a bit nuffy about Racks photos ….*

I DEFINITELY ‘got milk’.

17. So true that it’s a safe place for little ones. My rat liked to hide there now and then, especially if we were in a scary place (i.e. the Vet or sometimes the World). Mystery writer Patricia Highsmith was said to keep pet snails in her bra–now that’s dedication.

18. No wonder she wrote about Mr. Ripley!!!!!

19. Love her books and the Ripley movie was pretty good too! Didn’t know about the snail thing, that might explain a lot….

20. Pet snails?!?!? 8-O

21. Las boobitas (or biocides as my phone helpfully suggested) = yayy!

22. Plus, a rack is a handy place to stash your big bills. Not that I’ve ever tried that. I’m just sayin’….. *looks up and whistles innocently*

23. I once lost a twenty dollar bill in las boobitas and was embarrassed to have to fish for it. Now I stash my cash in my wallet. Gack!

24. Also good for spare Kleenex. I learned that from my MIL.

25. Fird Birfle says:

@ kimmarroo —
    ??? There are “BIG” bills ????? who knew? Certainly not moi.

*goes over to search behind sofa cushions,
    for spare change to buy Ramen for dinner*

26. Not to mention, a natural repository for escaped popcorn while at the movies……

27. kibblenibble says:

Hammie looks a bit squooshed, but content. :-)

28. Either that’s a huge hamster or a very petite woman.

29. I think it’s actually a guinea pig.

30. Itsa hamsta.

31. Fird Birfle says:

pyrit, melikes yo’ “contraction action”, there ! Nicely done, as ALWAYS :)

32. Which one?

33. Automated zipper puller upper.

34. Lol, we ALL need a fuzzy zipper-puller-upper!
    Dibs on the Pallas’s cat for me!

35. umm….is this a dig about the girl being somewhat petite on the chest area?

36. It is not meant to be a dig. O:-)

37. whew, thank god…
    not that i’m quick to defend women in that particular situation because of painful junior high school insecurity or anything! ;)

38. is this unusual? i always keep my hammies there.

39. And they feel safe and warm. Contented hammies!

40. I love everything about this, but particularly I love that he seems to be doing the Tiniest Gangsta Lean.

41. Gangsta hamstah!

42. Fird Birfle says:

@ pyrit ….
    your phrase “Gangsta hamstah” leads, nearly unavoidably, to the observation
    “It’s HAMSTA time !!!!!”

…… [at least, it did, within the cobwebs in MY cerebellum…. :) ]

43. I have a pic of a rat that has a ‘gangsta lean’, not in my rack though, or it would’ve been more of a falling off the edge of a cliff kind of look….

I should submische it!

44. He does! That one casual arm (leg).

45. Fird Birfle says:

I’m so nerdy and unaware, that I di-unt even KNOW ’bout a
    Gangsta Lean. Color me impressed with this social information. Thx!

46. That’s not a nice thing to say to a lady!

(They’re not THAT small… I mean, they probably aren’t! I wouldn’t know, ’cause I didn’t look! Honestly!)

47. ♪ ♫ innocent whistle ♪ ♫

48. We all do it.

49. *blinks and rubs eyes with fists*

“Scuse me, Miss. Is that a hedgehog in your Maidenform or…….????”

50. TIS! Doesn’t hurt though.

51. Yeeeeowwwch!

52. What do we get six more weeks of, if he sees his shadow?

53. I believe you’re thinking of a groundhog. So I don’t think she will do anything.

54. Hey, it’s warm and cushy, and full of snacks! Oh don’t go there….

55. So cute! I can see why you smile every time hedgie munches. Such a cute sound. And the nose *beep* is the perfect finale.

56. How can you NOT boop it?!?!?! HOW?!?!?!

57. Thank you Melissa for this post. I LOVE Penelope and haven’t seen her in much too long.

58. Just go on Facebook an type in Penelope Pickles. I update daily. :)
    I wish I could get her up on this site, but it seems damn near impossible.