What’s a Gila Like You Doing in a Place Like This?

Hey baby, wanna get some grub and shed skin with me sometime?
This lounge lizard is a male Enigma Leopard Gecko. Thanks chameleon, Steve S.

Comments

1. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

He am smiley.

2. I wanna give him a big smooch!

3. Holy moley, he am REAL smiley!

4. Don’t turn him down, Lady Geckos, because that would be (ahem) cold-blooded.

5. HE is sooooo Yellow and speckled. and …
    we pause this post for nose beeping

“BEEP”

So Lounge Lizardy!

6. How you doin? (in Joey Tribbiani’s voice)

7. QuietDesperation says:

That is the best animal name ever, and I shall use it everywhere. My sister’s cat will now be an Enigma Leopard Cat. The scrub jay in my yard I feed every day will be the Enigma Leopard Jay. The ants that lurk around the trash are Enigma Leopard Ants. My god, it works everywhere! NAME ALL THE ANIMALS!

8. My, is he pleased with himself. As he should be. Gorgeous coloration!

9. *giggles*

10. Lizards are so freaking awesome.

11. Iguana hold your hand.

12. So, Mr. Gecko, what’s your sign?

13. Yeah, that would Skink! : )

14. So long as the Monitor of this dance isn’t lookin’…

15. Everything about him delights me!

16. You own me a new Monitor. :P

17. Best hovertext EVAR!!!!!!!

18. Me, too. Right on the leeps.

19. Hmmm, should I mention I have met the Geico gecko, and that he is even more fantastic in person…?
    Naaaahhhh…

20. Fird Birfle says:

1: “owe” or “own”??? ;)
    and
    2: do you mean “computer monitor” or “Monitor Lizard” :)

Signed,
    “Me feel silly, oh so silly …”
    [Please insert musical notes as I am unable to place them].

21. Fird Birfle says:

If I might make this point, it seems to *moi* that everything about
    *him* delights *HIM* as well!!!! And well that should be, as befits the Lounge Lizard tradition!!!

22. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Iguana KILL you guys for that.

23. Fird Birfle says:

PS: for those interested in the Glorious History of the term “Lounge Lizard”, please settle back in your chair with your drink and enjoy the following:

24. Smooth Suave and Debonair.

25. a gold chain (or two) would just look so right on him…

26. OH MAH GAHHHH!!!! 8O

27. Breathe!

28. YES!

29. Of course! Anole you can’t believe it. :P

30. So did you Basilisk in his awesomeness? :P

31. There needs to be a baseball team called the Enigma Leopard Geckos.

32. YES!

33. oh how I love lizards and he is SUPER HANDSOME

34. Is his name Eddie Lizzard?

35. *dies laughing* :lol: :lol: :lol:

36. Mary (the first) says:

He really is gorgeous!! Is that the normal coloration? It seems so pale!

37. Or a rock band.

38. Another first for me. I’ve never seen a gecko like this one. The eyes are a little spooky from this angle, but the perfectly pink dot for lips/nose is adorable. And the yellow color is so cool!

39. Some cheap Frills:

40. anonymous coward says:

well, good luck finding them. let us know when you do.

(never seen lizard lips, that i reckon… )

oh, btw, they didn’t have the right brand of brie en croûte at the grocery store, so i didn’t buy any. (oh, wait, am i in the wrong thread for this? oops)

41. ♯♪♫

42. Priceless hovertext! Self-satisfied, oddly mesmerizing, lizard. Thumbs up to all the commentators’ wordplay!

43. Such a happy wittle face!!!1!!

44. Yes! Definitely a rock band. Someone needs to inform Dave Barry . . .

45. And what Tegu lookin’ at, Mr. Teho? :P

46. gordon gecko?

47. supercliffette says:

I can hear the ‘plink plink’ from here!

48. What a beauty! I used to have a leopard gecko and they are the best lil’ guys! So sweet and friendly. His name was KC (Kute Critter) and he’d come running out of his tree stump to say hi whenever I came in. They are a real joy.

49. bob drummond says:

Like I said previously, cold blooded animals rule !!!
    At least in my little corner of the world !
    And yes , Marie Osmond sang that song !

50. Q: What do you call a female Gila?

A: Sheila

51. Fird Birfle says:

*happy sigh* for such a nice story & experience, Rosewolf :)

52. Fird Birfle says:

*DELIGHTED, happy SNERK* to you ashgato :)

ka-CHING

53. I can see the sitcom now: the Geico Gecko is just trying not to mess up his relationship with his Girlcko, and his best friend is this dude, who is constantly scamming Chickos and generally creating situations that cause the Geico Gecko to have to come to a realization about himself, all the while coining catchphrases the entire nation repeats until the next Sweeps Month, or Monsoon Season.

54. snoopysnake says:

At the Komo
    Komodobana

55. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Very punny.

56. I think nose-beeping in this case will most likely lead to finger-nomming.

57. This was exactly what came to mind. Thanks.

58. this lil yellow guy is all cute, yeah, yeah BUT, he can hold no candle in my heart,
    like the Gieko Gecko does, I loves that lil green guy and the voice…

(somewhere deep in my mind I know he is not really talking but I loves lil belly too!)

59. Queen of Dork says:

To me, he looks like a corn on the cob. He looks like a corn on the cob who is up to shenanigans and is plotting to take over the world, smiling innocently as the wheels turn in his cob head.

*hides under bed*

60. “Shenanigans” *snerk*

61. Queen of Dork says:

Indeed. Shenanigans. That’s for sure what that is. :)

62. Am I the only one hearing Gilbert Gottfried’s voice in my head while reading this? Smiley lizzzzard!

63. So, if you see shenanigans, you have to call “shenanigans.”

64. Fird Birfle says:

@ Theresa: well, of COURSE !!!!!!

di’untchor mama raise you right?????? ;)

65. Fird Birfle says:

and the BEST part about Q hiding under her bed???

She sleeps on a FUTON…….

Signed,
    Mischevious

66. Queen of Dork says:

I do not sleep on a futon! I sleep on The Bed Of Comfort And Joy! Mom! She’s telling lies about me! Mom! Mommmmmmmm!!!!

67. Fird Birfle says:

*stifled but definitely discernible, disrespectful snerk*

heh heh

68. Queen of Dork says:

To Fird: Trouble maker. *grumbles* :)

69. Fird Birfle says:

(due to my still-extant shreds of Catholic guilt, I feel compelled to post a PS)

PS: JK about the snerk having any disrespect in it …..( ‘ course …..)

70. Queen of Dork says:

To Fird: in reference to your Catholic leftover thang and what not, I have to say all is cool and futhermore as someone else said, “The power of Christ compels me!” Or something like that. And also, “humana, humana, thing and thang and hmmmmmmmm and stuff and Ooooommmmm and humana and PRAISE! and things like that and YOWSA! and so on.

Love,
    Stef :)

71. I used to have a leopard gecko. His name was Ninja. He used to crawl on the bald head of my significant other.

72. Fird Birfle says:

YAY my friend Steph aka Q. By the way, I jist sent you a loverly photo of autumn foliage on a mountainside for your evening!!! After the other item.
    So checketh thine emails once more for that, if you haven’t already gone in search of the DVD movie of the night!!

and, ka POW!!! The Ultra- Coolness of
    Humans who happen to live with a cat named Albert, strikes AGAIN!!!!

73. I had a leopard gecko. They are soft and bumpy and really stupid! If you let them, they’d walk off tables and cook themselves on heat rocks. Mine forgot how to hunt crickets so I would hand-feed him, but he always went for my fingers instead…

Cute, though. <3

74. Is it a butt bed? :mrgreen:

75. bob drummond says:

VERY CUTE SNOOPY ! did you get that line from Barry Manilow ?

76. The funny thing is they lick their eyeballs. KC would snuggle in my collar and when an annoying girl came by my dorm room, he’d poke his head out, stare at her, and lick his eyeball. She’d freak and leave without bothering me. He loved to do that! That big ol’ tail would vibrate and he’d always seem so happy when he freaked someone out with that.

77. Rosewolf, is that because they don’t have eyelids? I read somewhere that some species don’t have eyelids, but I don’t remember which.

78. I thought it was HAvana. You know, Havana Gila. :P

79. Fird Birfle says:

YOU DID *NOT* JUST SAY THAT !!!!!

80. :mrgreen:

81. Now that is self-confidence

82. Of course! He writes the songs; he writes the songs……

83. darkshines says:

I had a female leopard gecko called Godzilla for ten years, I adored her! She was the best pet I ever had, and I loved watching her shed her skin! She would peel it off her arms as if she was delicately removing elbow length gloves. Then she’d eat it.

84. LOL