I’m like a sneeze. Impossible to resist!

Flowers weren’t getting Charlie anywhere with the girls, so he tried telling jokes.

Abby, who let Charley Chuckles out of his tree?

Comments

1. Roses are Red
    Violets are Blue
    and Squirrels want to snorgle with you.

2. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a skwerrel from this angle before. Tewtelly redonkulous!!!

3. Oh my lord! The leeps!! The nose!!

4. He looks like he is trying to become the New Face of Disapproval but hasn’t quite mastered it yet.

Either that, or he’s allergic to roses and suppressing a sneeze.

5. The subject was noses…er, roses.

6. I would totally date this adorable guy!

7. He’s taken!

8. Indeed, ceejoe, indeed…

Charley Chuckles, I love you!

9. he needs a Zoom! session pronto

10. All right, I have to know. Is it Charlie or Charley already? This is important!

11. Yes, he is, by me! Mwah (see we are already doing the keeesing and snorgling).

12. Rather than beeping the nose, I want to peench it! :)

13. Why? Are you planning to buy him something monogrammed? :)

14. its so cute it made it tute

15. A velvet smoking jacket. :P

16. As a person who took in a baby squirrel that had fallen out of its nest, I can testify that they definitely love to snorgle. And hide their food in the oddest places all over the house. And wake you up at the crack of dawn by jumping on top of you, Simon’s cat style, from the laundry basket.

17. What’s the background on this pic? Why does this squirrel appear to be recovering from a bender?

18. lol… I wish I was that cute after a bender…

19. A “soft peench” of course.

20. GAW ! That schnozzola is truly amazing on a skwerlio…BEEP BOOP….

21. Or a blender.

22. Squee!

23. Catwhisperer says:

All my life, I have wanted a pet skwerl. Wrong, I know, but the heart wants what it wants!

24. Mary (the first) says:

Why has no one mentioned the wheeskers??? Are you people blind?? What beautiful wheeskers!!

25. Fird Birfle says:

*rudely knocks both Rachael and Violet, outta tha way*

*begins flirting and batting eyelashes at Charley*

PS: True Story:
    My mom had a BFF Sqwirrelio NAMED Charlie (by HER anyhow :) ) who stayed at our house and enjoyed the large oak trees at our property when we lived in ‘ol
    Virginny …..1970s-ish.

26. Sewiwouswy….I have never seen a squirwell wif a cawiflower nose. That is awwfuwly cute…*bink*bink

27. Fird Birfle says:

eet looks to mee,
    that Monsieur le Charlie/ Charley joost maht bee Frahnsche ….oooo la LA ;)

28. Oh my yes…those are magnificent wheeskers! I was so busy staring at his snozzel nose that I missed the wheeskers!

29. I thought it was a kangaroo :)

30. SHHHHH! you must not awaken the babytalk beast! she WIWEE, WIWEE HATES BABY TALK.

31. The nose made me think it was a bunneh.

32. Mary (the first) says:

Are you the Camille that just gave me a haircut? Just wondering.. if you are, you know what I mean.. :D

33. Awww, widdle Shawpy-poo! We’s just having a widdle fun! :P

34. “When they handed out noses, I thought they said ROSES, and I declared, ‘I’ll take a big red one!’ “

35. Insertclevernamehere says:

“Heyyyyy. You look SOOOO…pretty…I’m REEAAALLLY looking forward to tonight. I know this great Korean barbecue spot and…I’m sorry, I can’t do this. You looked WAY different online. Plus, Jersey Shore is on tonight, so…yeah……Leave those sunflower seeds there, though.”

36. I think it would look lovely in purple–the color of royalty, natch.

37. *applauds*

38. We did the same. Found one an number of years ago that was not weaned wandering about the yard after a bad windstorm. Mom never came for her for two days although she cried. So we took her in. I fed her puppy formula until she weaned and then a little while later she went to live in the tree in our back yard. She would come whenever I called and she ate walnuts in my lap twice a day. We would play together and she loved my dangling earrings. Then she would fall asleep in my hands while I rubbed her belly. I miss her so.

39. I think the one I found was kicked out of its nest. *sob story below*

I found it clinging to the base of a tree on a really cold and rainy late October day. I took it home and then brought it back to the tree the next day when the weather had cleared up. It didn’t want to stay and jumped back on my shoulder, so we took it back home, thinking that we were going to release it in the spring.

It didn’t seem to miss home at all, and was pretty happy to be around us even when our cat tried to snorgle it. My mom had a huge wide mouthed milk jar that we turned into a nest for him. By late December we discovered that it had “seizures”, so we assumed that that’s the reason his mom had kicked him out. It died in early January before spring came :(

40. Martha in Washington says:

I think this is his 5th grade school picture. At least that’s how my boys always smiled for their school pictures.

41. so obviously a bender

42. I can confirm that it is Charley with a Y and he is obviously NOT a morning person.

43. I just, like, totally heart you, Charlie!

44. Sorry everyone he is my boy and taken:-) And it is CHARLEY from hurricane Charley 7 years ago he was only a little pea when he was blown out of his nest in my back yard, I took him in he was not able to be released as he can not hang upside down like they have to in the wild….so we watch TV every night and he is rather good on the computer :-) He and I go outside daily he loves the walks………
    So happy you enjoy my boy:-)
    Abby & Charley Chuckles (which is his full name /so now you know why he is smiling):-)

45. m j mandrano says:

Charlieee! Youse godd de allurgeez jus’ like me, to dem rozes! You so cute, I gives you awl my Clarry-tins…. <3

46. Stosh ( keeper of the King of Costa Rica) says:

Charlie—-You Da Man ! >>> Pucker Up …. Ha
    —Stosh & Rama Rota

47. Auntie Linda says:

That’s my Charley! He is such a sweet boy! Luv you and lots of xoxoxoxo

48. Love that Charley!!!!!

49. Aurora Borealis says:

With his crooked little ears, he kind of reminds me of Sloth in this picture. “Heeeeey you guuuuuys!”

50. I love Charley Chuckles! I’m a big fan of this silly, happy boy!

51. Fird Birfle says:

*snerk* (on general principles …..)

52. sunnylessmum says:

Oh what an adorable picture Abby! Thank you for rescuing the little guy. :)

53. Charley is a sweetheart and full of personality. He smiles alot. Actually he’s got a lot to smile about. He’s got a great life with his doting skwerl mom.

54. AAAAAWWWWWWWEEEEEEEE… it’s precious Charley !!!!!!!!!!!;-)

55. I LOL’ed IRL! I can just see you three having a cat fight.

And that’s when I sneak past you all and get grabby hands with Charley! Dear heavens he is so stinkin’ cute!! Reminds me of Mr. Magoo!

56. Fird Birfle says:

YAY ABBY !!!!

57. Charley Chuckles here :-) mommy doesn’t know I am on her computer but I wanted to say thank you to everyone:-) I am glad you like my picture….. roses and butterflies always make me happy like that :-) So does TV time hope I get the remote tonight :-)
    See ya all latter :-)

58. Charley Chuckles had to sneeze
    He wrinkled up his nose
    And when his sneeze was over
    He was sitting by a rose

Charley thought about this trick
    and how it brought him fame
    He planned on saying “thank you”
    but he had to sneeze again…and again…and again.

59. dat so cute and funny :-)