Make Fun of My Haircut, Will You?

Well then, prepare to suffer the bitter sting of my rapier wit!

Photo by Flickrer laszlo-photo, who notes that “the name ‘marmoset’ comes from an Old French word, meaning ‘grotesque figure.'”

Comments

1. Marmoset there’d be days like this!

2. There’d be days like this, oh marmoset!

3. Martha in Washington says:

What? No TONGUE-HANCE?!

4. He is NOT grotesque! He is aDorable!!

5. Wheeee!! What did he see??

I also see we need a tongue-hance!

6. I’m thinking about a new hairstyle…might show this to my stylist, but don’t think I’d look as cute as the marmoset does!

7. my thoughts exactly!!

8. Mr. Marmoset, I bow to your superior mastery in the art of raillery.

9. I bet he uses Vidal Baboon hair products to achieve that look. Marmoset and match!

10. Marmoset Marmoset!

11. BOOM!

12. Once again, apologies to Peter Gabriel :P

Once again a monkeh post,
    This time a little rogue with tongue,
    Courtesy of our awesome hosts,
    By badinage we are stung.
    He is something to observe,
    With his perky punk haircut,
    Don’t we maybe too deserve,
    A little peek of monkey butt?

13. The animals had a fair… (ahem, use your indoor voice)

14. Ouch! That one just made my brain blow out like a truck tire at 70 mph!

15. Fird Birfle says:

Indeedy.

16. Fird Birfle says:

@ 2600: “Only his hairdresser knows for sure”.

[Special Note: only those of us, "of a certain age" -- sigh -- will immediately
    know that reference ....]

17. Fird Birfle says:

and, to follow up, a bit o’ my Bestest Gentleman Caller ….

you, Mme la Therese, are [drumroll, here] a “cheeky monkey” :)
    (a somewhat Vintage, Craig-y reference ….)

18. Fird Birfle says:

From the “Stwange But Twue” / Intriguingk Coinkidink Files:

For the first time in an entire *gasp* TWELVE MONTHS, I literally just spent
    $ [-- BLEEP -- deleted] at a Hair Salon YESTERDAY afternoon, having my locks floofed and stuff !!!

— I doubt that I got such good results, as THIS GUY tho :)

19. Hey… I resemble that remark!

20. Actually. Wait. I just looked it up and there’s not way I would remember that ad BUT I DO! How long did they use it then???

21. Fird Birfle says:

YAY Mme la Therese & Craig-y !!!

22. Fird Birfle says:

@ JL Amusings:

I did a few minutes of digging/ research….so far haven’t located a good graphic image ….there is a column at wikipedia ….nor a succinct answer to the length of use of that as Clairol’s advert. campaign.

However, here is a Time Mag. column from 1967 when they BEGAN the campaign!! sadly, no pics included ….

23. Yikes! I have seen that happen and it is scary!!

24. Hey Fird, I’m going today after work! Another coinkidink!

25. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

You’ve seen a brain blow out?

26. I am so glad I live in a world where people have the time and resources (and deep-seated insanity) to produce gems like this. Complete with lemur disclaimers. Life is GOOD!

27. Marmoset ees geeving us zee raspberries, n’ést-ce pas? I hereby dub him/her Framboises.

28. Marmoset knock you out!

29. *giggle*

30. [whispering] Shhhhh! They don’t need to know we’re anybody’s that old!

31. Thanks for posting this! I was hoping someone would!

32. Nice Marmot
    -Dude

33. :-) oops!
    *claps hands over mouth*

34. I Haz a Funny Bone says:

But what beautiful eyes he has!

35. There’ll be days like this, my marmoset.

36. Sasha's Mum says:

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time-a!

37. Isn’t it though? I *love* the 21st century!

38. It’s “I went to the animal fair” as in:

I went to the animal fair
    All the birds and beasts were there
    The big baboon
    By the light of the moon
    Was combing his long brown hair

39. POW! :P

40. twocatsownme says:

ahem…the big baboon by the light of the moon, was combing his AUBURN hair.

just sayin….

41. I’m-a stick my tongue ouuuut.
    THPP!

42. …aaand, I’m in the mod lounge. Me. This is teh LOLz. :lol:

43. Well shoot, I remember that campaign. I think I’ll go drown my sorrows in a bag of double stuff Oreos.

44. When you’re right, you’re right. See, this is why the intertubes are so wonderful. Any one of us might not get everything right, but between all of us, we can usually manage to get it together!

45. Martha in Washington says:

Thanks Theo! I want to print that out and wallpaper my bedroom with it!

46. Martha in Washington says:

Here…have a cookie and some tequila. :twisted:

47. bookmonstercats says:

Wowsah!!!

48. “I met a little lemur named Billy Joe
    And i almost lost my mind”

49. Another coinkydink – I had my hairs cut on the 22th, too. And I swear we did not consult!

50. Hey, Dude! Aherm, Geek Alert! Marmots are a different kind of animal – there really are marmots, I think they are a kind of rodent that sort of look like overgrown prairie dogs…..

51. They used that campaign well into the 70’s Mid to late with different women. IF my memory hasn’t failed me… and at my age… well it just might have.

52. bob drummond says:

Does she or doesn’t she ? and Dino spoke up “Well , do you or don’t you ?” Only her hairdresser knows for sure !

53. bob drummond says:

You are absolutely right !!! And they are related to woodchucks, ground hogs,and prairie dogs !

54. Fird Birfle says:

WOT??? aka WT(F)????

An assault of Moderation on His Theoness????
    I was of the assumption that CO Staff (& CO Alumnae) had access to a Special Override Key to the Big Green Moderashun Machine ….wow …..cosmic, man.

55. Fird Birfle says:

*Muttley snicker/ snerk*

56. Fird Birfle says:

Comme c’est brilliant, ca!!! :)

kimmaroo WINS this round, IMHO