Make Fun of My Haircut, Will You?

Well then, prepare to suffer the bitter sting of my rapier wit!

Photo by Flickrer laszlo-photo, who notes that “the name ‘marmoset’ comes from an Old French word, meaning ‘grotesque figure.'”

1. Marmoset there’d be days like this!

2. There’d be days like this, oh marmoset!

3. Marmoset Marmoset!

4. There’ll be days like this, my marmoset.

5. Marmoset knock you out!

6. POW! :P

7. I’m-a stick my tongue ouuuut.

8. Martha in Washington says:

What? No TONGUE-HANCE?!

9. …aaand, I’m in the mod lounge. Me. This is teh LOLz. :lol:

10. Martha in Washington says:

Here…have a cookie and some tequila. :twisted:

11. Fird Birfle says:

WOT??? aka WT(F)????

An assault of Moderation on His Theoness????
    I was of the assumption that CO Staff (& CO Alumnae) had access to a Special Override Key to the Big Green Moderashun Machine ….wow …..cosmic, man.

12. my thoughts exactly!!

13. Martha in Washington says:

Thanks Theo! I want to print that out and wallpaper my bedroom with it!

14. bookmonstercats says:

15. He is NOT grotesque! He is aDorable!!

16. Wheeee!! What did he see??

I also see we need a tongue-hance!

17. I’m thinking about a new hairstyle…might show this to my stylist, but don’t think I’d look as cute as the marmoset does!

18. Mr. Marmoset, I bow to your superior mastery in the art of raillery.

19. Fird Birfle says:

20. I bet he uses Vidal Baboon hair products to achieve that look. Marmoset and match!

21. BOOM!

22. Ouch! That one just made my brain blow out like a truck tire at 70 mph!

23. Yikes! I have seen that happen and it is scary!!

24. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

You’ve seen a brain blow out?

25. *giggle*

26. Fird Birfle says:

@ 2600: “Only his hairdresser knows for sure”.

[Special Note: only those of us, “of a certain age” — sigh — will immediately
    know that reference ….]

27. Well shoot, I remember that campaign. I think I’ll go drown my sorrows in a bag of double stuff Oreos.

28. Hey… I resemble that remark!

29. Actually. Wait. I just looked it up and there’s not way I would remember that ad BUT I DO! How long did they use it then???

30. Fird Birfle says:

@ JL Amusings:

I did a few minutes of digging/ research….so far haven’t located a good graphic image ….there is a column at wikipedia ….nor a succinct answer to the length of use of that as Clairol’s advert. campaign.

However, here is a Time Mag. column from 1967 when they BEGAN the campaign!! sadly, no pics included ….,9171,899732,00.html

31. They used that campaign well into the 70’s Mid to late with different women. IF my memory hasn’t failed me… and at my age… well it just might have.

32. bob drummond says:

Does she or doesn’t she ? and Dino spoke up “Well , do you or don’t you ?” Only her hairdresser knows for sure !

33. [whispering] Shhhhh! They don’t need to know we’re anybody’s that old!

34. :-) oops!
    *claps hands over mouth*

35. Once again, apologies to Peter Gabriel :P

Once again a monkeh post,
    This time a little rogue with tongue,
    Courtesy of our awesome hosts,
    By badinage we are stung.
    He is something to observe,
    With his perky punk haircut,
    Don’t we maybe too deserve,
    A little peek of monkey butt?

36. Fird Birfle says:

and, to follow up, a bit o’ my Bestest Gentleman Caller ….

you, Mme la Therese, are [drumroll, here] a “cheeky monkey” :)
    (a somewhat Vintage, Craig-y reference ….)

37. Fird Birfle says:

YAY Mme la Therese & Craig-y !!!

38. The animals had a fair… (ahem, use your indoor voice)

39. It’s “I went to the animal fair” as in:

I went to the animal fair
    All the birds and beasts were there
    The big baboon
    By the light of the moon
    Was combing his long brown hair

40. I am so glad I live in a world where people have the time and resources (and deep-seated insanity) to produce gems like this. Complete with lemur disclaimers. Life is GOOD!

41. Isn’t it though? I *love* the 21st century!

42. Thanks for posting this! I was hoping someone would!

43. “I met a little lemur named Billy Joe
    And i almost lost my mind”

44. Fird Birfle says:

From the “Stwange But Twue” / Intriguingk Coinkidink Files:

For the first time in an entire *gasp* TWELVE MONTHS, I literally just spent
    $ [– BLEEP — deleted] at a Hair Salon YESTERDAY afternoon, having my locks floofed and stuff !!!

— I doubt that I got such good results, as THIS GUY tho :)

45. Hey Fird, I’m going today after work! Another coinkidink!

46. Another coinkydink – I had my hairs cut on the 22th, too. And I swear we did not consult!

47. Marmoset ees geeving us zee raspberries, n’ést-ce pas? I hereby dub him/her Framboises.

48. Fird Birfle says:

Comme c’est brilliant, ca!!! :)

kimmaroo WINS this round, IMHO

49. Nice Marmot

50. Hey, Dude! Aherm, Geek Alert! Marmots are a different kind of animal – there really are marmots, I think they are a kind of rodent that sort of look like overgrown prairie dogs…..

51. bob drummond says:

You are absolutely right !!! And they are related to woodchucks, ground hogs,and prairie dogs !

52. I Haz a Funny Bone says:

But what beautiful eyes he has!

53. Sasha's Mum says:

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time-a!

54. Fird Birfle says:

*Muttley snicker/ snerk*

55. twocatsownme says:

ahem…the big baboon by the light of the moon, was combing his AUBURN hair.

just sayin….

56. When you’re right, you’re right. See, this is why the intertubes are so wonderful. Any one of us might not get everything right, but between all of us, we can usually manage to get it together!