Hawaii Swine-O, no ka oink

Aloha. I’m here for the luau.

Mahalo, Stuart, and Jennifer H.

Comments

1. A story that could take a very negative turn quickly….(be careful, little Stuart!)

2. The orange flowers contrast so beautifully with the black coat! Tres elegante!

3. Don Hog is here to sing “Tiny Bubbles”.

4. I hope it’s a vegetarian luau! (Listen, piggy: if someone asks you to hold an apple in your mouth, RUN LIKE HELL!)

5. Lemme get the matches…

6. Looks tasty.

7. Yay! Peegs singing Hawaiian War Chant!

8. Mary (the first) says:

Little Piglet, when people ask you to come over “for dinner” it might be wise to decline. Just in case there’s a misunderstanding.

9. Fird Birfle says:

10. Fird Birfle says:

Theresa: your resources are indefatigable!!!!!

(and cute!) :)

11. Fird Birfle says:

8-O

12. “I’m here for the luau.”

Uh-oh. Hope they’re serving Spam, not ham!

More adorable piglets here.

13. Run away, piggie. Luau’s aren’t your kind of thing.

14. I would like a close-up of the trotter.

15. Hang 4!
    Then go get the vegetarian hot dog at Puka Dog…or is it Puka Hog? :D

16. Thanks, Teresa! My family used to listen to comedy LPs all the time, and this record was in rotation with Smothers Brothers, Alan Sherman, and Flanders & Swann, later joined by George Carlin, Bill Cosby, and more. MEM-ories … “-)

And I ALWAYS appreciate your Muppet Show links, too!

17. there’s probably even a cookbook… “To Serve Piggehs”

18. not to mention virtually inexhaustible!!!!!

19. this was supposed to be a reply to Fird’s “indefatigable” comment (apparently, timing is indeed everything)

20. yay tofu pups!!!!!

21. Ha, just the other day I was thinking about the fake hot dogs that existed back in the ’70s when I was first vegetarian. They came in a can and were utterly disgusting. I haven’t had any of the versions that are around these days, but I have to guess things have improved.

22. ♪♫♪♫ Aloha OINK,♪♫ Aloha Oink♪♫♪
    Stums Yukaleli

23. Embaraced head slap “STRUMS”

24. Yeah, I’d be embaraced if I made that mistake, too. Just messing with you, KA–love you!!

25. Not at a luau! It’s when they ask you if you mind sitting in the pit with the banana leaves blanket that you should worry, Stuart.

*waving from close to Diamond Head* (okay–closer than most CO peeps….)

26. (donning King Kamehameha mask) It’s “ukulele”.

27. Wow. First a typo, then a spelling correction. Rough crowd, eh KA? But I *love* your cute musical notes!!

28. We only picks on them we know can take it.

29. Skippymom, we ate those too. I think they were called Big Franks by Lomalinda. There are a bunch of MUCH better ones these days…

30. Ha ha, Nikki, I just offered you a snack over at the puppy post!

31. WHAT?!?

32. Why do I have a craving for sweet and sour pork, boneless spare ribs, and pork fried rice with a side of moo shi pork.

Hmm where is the take out menu.

33. They love me for my bad spelling a sucky typing skills because sometimes they are funny. :D

Apologies to the ukulele society for my poor spelling of such a monumental instrument.

34. *grudgingly* Accepted. *Harumph*

35. and here i am about to go to a howareyan restaurant and have pork

no foolin’, was on my way when i paused to check the c/o. now it’ll be serendipitous as well as aka-laka-oki-loki-loi.

36. Wait, wait, I have one tooooo!

37. And since we’re on a Hawaiian theme, I give you the most awesomest Hawaiian artist evah! Everything he sings just melts your heart! Infact, I dare say that this is the best “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” ever.

38. His CD’s were for sale in every shop when I visited Hawaii. Never actually heard his music until now! So beautiful.

39. Fird Birfle says:

Such skillful Resentment Skills, v :)

Signed,
    We Are Impressed.

40. Fird Birfle says:

Now THIS is a nose, which is worthy of Jimmy Durante.
    I SURELY wouldn’t want to be in charge of wiping this guy/ gal’s nose when he/ she gets a cold ….. 8-O

41. Fird Birfle says:

@ kimmaroo: :)

42. First time I heard him, I fell in love; still feel the same way and have to agree with Mamabear that this is the best version ever. What a beautiful voice he had. R.I.P.,IZ.

43. Hovertext should read: “Psych, Luau beetches!”

44. Don’t lei around. You could wind up as dinner.

45. What do you mean I AM the luau?
    I must’ve misunderstood the invite.

46. And his name is Stewart… THE CUTEST NAME FOR A PIG EVER!

47. Rully – it would be so sad if this little piggy’s name were to be “Kalua.”

48. I cannot listen if this is the one from _50 First Dates_, because I will break into tears.

49. For sure.