If You Go Down to the Woods Today,

You’re in for a big surprise.

If you go down to the woods today,

You better go in disguise.

‘cause every purr that ever there was

Is gathered there together because

Today’s the day the kitty cats have their picnic.

Lilly and her friends are sure of a treat today, Amber W.

1. fish eye no miko says:

Here, sweeties, you can have my tuna sammich!

2. ugh – come ON you guys… I’m not supposed to like kittehs… I’m not a cat person…
    but… but…

3. Ha ha, tracy, be very careful lest you go from being a committed dog person to ending up living with, and doting upon, multiple cats (like, er, someone I happen to know).

4. *evil cackle* Our dastardly plan is working! BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!1!!!!

5. Shh! She might catch on!

6. Martini over here, please. Straight up, extra dry, twist.

7. Fird Birfle says:

— Comin’ right up, skippymom. Please to cliquer ;)

8. Ermmm, may I has a martooni too? (mine with gorgonzola-stuffed olives please!)

9. hang on… *ptooey*

[rustle, rustle] hmmm, now where’d that gorgonzola get to? [FOOTSTEPS GOING DOWN A MILLION STAIRS, AND THEN COMING BACK]

there ya go, one martini with a gorgonzola stuff olive!

10. curses! *shakes fist*

11. Fird Birfle says:

@ victoreia: Nice cackle, ya got goin’, there !!!!
    SSsssoooooo attractive!!!11!!!!
    ( “heh heh heh” ;) )

12. Thanks, I’ve been workin’ on it a while…….. :D

13. As Dr. Horrible taught us, it’s important to work on your evil laugh.

14. ^ WIN. So much.

15. Ooooh, DebG, look! Hurry before midnight!

16. Cat Skyfire says:

Kittehs: “Scuze me… but if dis is a piknik…where’z da noms?”

17. Are deses guys big enough for ackshual noms? Or are they still drinkin’ from da mom? If dat’s da case, where’s she at anyhoo?

18. My thought exactly, emmberrann. I think these little kitties should be lining up at the milk bar.

19. Fird Birfle says:

Ah dunno, emmberrann, but Ah DUZ no, ‘dat dere NOSIES ‘r big enuff fer DIS:
    “BEEP!!!” & “boop!!11!!” :)

20. “O noes! We forgot to pack Mom!”

21. *giggle*

22. I want to go to there.

23. Yes! I love Tina Fey! She is my idol!

24. Salmon croquettes coming right up.

25. The one in front has striped leg warmers like my Chloe.

26. Fird Birfle says:

mebbe he / she BORROWED them FROM Chloe. Have you checked Chloe’s dresser drawers today??

*Also: is reminded of Argyle Donkeypants’ name ….*

27. Wonder where A.D. is, and how he’s doin’……

28. Olives on the way STAT !

29. Picnic time for kitty-cats
    they never worry and they never see any rats
    at six o’clock their mommies and Daddies
    will take them home to bed
    because they’ll be tired little kitty cats

There was another verse – tune of Teddy Bears have a Picnic

31. If I replied to Skippymom how did my post show up ahead of hers ?

32. Martinis in the moderation lounge?

33. I was thinking a warp in the space-time continuum, but ,martinis are good.

34. That is how the kittens made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs. :)

35. Shhh! That’s an industry secret!

36. Of course! But I have mine with a twist NOT olive.

37. Fird Birfle says:

Am I allowed to have a silly umbrella in my Cape Cod?
    [And NO, Geoffrey Peterson, in this case,
    the term/ phrase “Cape Cod” is NOT “code” for another word !!!111!!!! ;) ]

38. Mary (the first) says:

39. Oh noes! Earworm!!! “If you go down to the woods today . . . ” Gaaaahhhhh!

40. Hi Cute Commenters! Could you help me out with something? Do any of you know what kind of keetahs these are? Are they tabbies (even though they are mostly white?) Or are they calicos? Or something else altogether? My kitty looks just like them but I never know what to classify her as!

41. (eyes kittens) Them babies look like calicos to me!

42. CALICO! which is a type of tabby

43. actually, some of them looked tigerstriped too. these are just tabbys. which come in solid, calico (orange, white, black), tiger striped, and multi colors (black and white).

44. I agree with victoreia. I would call them calicos.

45. Thanks awesome cute commentators! I’m gonna go with tiger striped, since she’s currently stalking my ankles. <3

46. I believe a true calico has no white on them at all. Calico mixes however have many color variations and sometimes are dominately white with hints of color and/or striping. My mom has had lots of cats over the years that fall into all these descriptions (plus the very loveable red tabby, black and white tuxedo and a maine coon).
    Crazy cat lady….and yet I just love dogs…..wonder why? (yet I am fostering an abandoned kitten that has taken hold of my heart……..)

47. I think the ones with no white on them are called tortioseshells (torties). White, black and orange = calico. Black and orange = tortie. >^..^<

48. Yuppers; no white=torties

49. Hey, are you just gonna leave those there? Don’t you know there are laws against litter-ring in the park?
    (Removes kittens as an act of public service)

50. [standing by in case Oakley needs help with the de-litter-ring]

51. bravo! bravo!

52. Am I the only one who thought of Tim Minchin and not children’s songs…?

53. There has been infinite numbers of cuteness daily here on Cute Overload, but when I came on just now I absolutely WAS NOT PREPARED for this newest, highest, level of cuteness!!!!!!!

54. Fird Birfle says:

??? mebbe that would be Cute Uber-Overload ???

55. TRUE!

56. You know how in cartoons, when someone smells something delicious, and the scent hooks the characters nostrils and physically drags them to the food? That is what that kitten’s eyes are doing to my SOUL.

57. I want to go to that picnic!

58. I loved the “Picnic Time for Teddy Bears” song as a kid. Thanks for the warm fuzzy (the kittens aren’t bad, either!)

59. :lol: I nearly banged my fingers into my monitor trying to pet those kitties :lol: If I was there, I would cuddle each and every one of those kitties :D