Spitting Image

Aw, look. See, he has my nose.

Winston’s such a proud pawpaw, JoJo R. But don’t let him pawtty train Bobby.

Comments

1. I’m pretty sure this is the most adorable picture I have seen in a long time. What a good dog to be so tender with that little boy!

2. Awww… those two will be best friends forever.

3. Aww! Just awww. . . . .

4. look how gentle the sweet concerned-looking goggie is with the babe…..

5. That is just unbearably sweet. What a lucky kid!

6. fish eye no miko says:

Aw, so cute!

Interspecies snorgling?

7. I think I just went into sugar shock, too sweet for words.

8. I think the dog is telling the baby: “Yeah kid, it’s all fun and games while you’re little and cute. But wait until you get a little bigger. Then they’ll have you sleeping on the floor and going to the bathroom outside in the rain. Take it from me.”

9. Aw, that is BEYOND precious! And “Winston” is the perfect name for that sweet doggie. :)

10. Awwwww……. (It’s gonna be the predominant response, you know.)

11. Moi, Actually says:

Awwwww . .. . doncha just love the small earl curl gently kissing the baby’s head?
    When our daughter was a baby, our bull mastiff adopted one of her stuffed bears–a small one, about the size and shape of a newborn pup–and, boy, did that dog ever slurp and nurture that bear! First the fluff went, then the nose, then one day the eyes were missing. But the shapeless bear-nub continued to have pride of place in the dog basket. It was her baby. Somehow I get the same feeling over Winston here.

12. I’m going to be different and say squeeeeeeee!

13. *sigh*

Hors d’oeuvres, anyone?

14. Winston is reminding me strongly of the Eleventh Doctor! It’s the brow.

15. Wait a minute, now. The dog is the kid’s grandfather? Maternal or paternal?

16. The dog is telling his parents, “Thank you for getting me this baby. How thoughtful! I will love him and play with him and name him George.”

lol.

17. JohnnieCanuck says:

Beep and beep!

18. I thinks its ” I will hug him and squeeze him and pet him and love him.”
    all the while lovingly torchering him.

19. It’s official! The qte has finally killed me!

20. i want that dog!! *grabby hands*

21. Got any pups in a blanket ? (snerk )

22. I love that saying! My next pet will be named George! and I will squeze him and pet him and love him and call him George!

23. I love that saying! My next pet will be named George! and I will squeze him and pet him and love him and call him George!

24. Aw. Winston looks just like my old goggie, Clara! She totally would have been this sweet with a baby!

25. This might just be the sweetest picture you’ve ever had on the site. Winston’s all, “Can we keep him?” and the baby’s all, “What?” (which is basically what newborns are thinking all the time), and Mama and Daddy are all, “Aww! Won’t they be best buds forever?”

26. Haha, yes! The other day I saw a small boy walking a puppy, and I thought to myself, that puppy will be bigger than the boy very soon. The dog in this pic is going to wonder why the hooman baby takes so long to reach full size, I am sure. :p

27. This is really, really sweet. So heartwarming. I bet they are both comforted by one another. :)

28. Doesn’t have his hair, though. sigh

29. Awww…. A dog and his boy. Lucky dog. Hope the boy is trainable. ;-)

30. Baby: Cute.
    Baby with Winston: Cute x 1 jillion hillion skillion bazillion until your calculator melts trying to multiply all those zeroes.

31. *snicker*

32. I’m in the Mod Lounge for snickering?

I need a drink…..

33. Sasha's Mum says:

But no bow-tie. Or Fez.

34. *hands victoreia a very fancy drink with a little umbrella*
    I’ve heard sunsets on the Mod Lounge deck are quite beautiful this time of year.

35. Thanks.

However, as it’s just after lunchtime for me, if I’m still in here at sunset, I’ll be ….. slightly perturbed.

36. sarahjeanne says:

THAT BABY IS NAMED BOB ROSS! THAT BABY IS NAMED BOB ROSS! BOB ROSS!

37. In the story, George dies. Too much squeezing.

38. Best illions I’ve read in yonks!

39. Just no words. Too precious! It’s a timeless photo that will be seen and treasured for a very long time in this sweet, special family.

40. I vote for a “primates” tag.

What a lovely, protective goggie to watch over the behbeh while it sleeps! I do find myself wondering what the baby’s first name is, though. Something bert. Albert? Robert? Philbert? Engelbert?

I’m surprised no nuffers have started in about “it’s child abuse to let the dog that close to the baby” yet.

41. And…here I am in the mod lounge. Someone pass me a pizza.

42. With or without anchovies? ;-)

43. My brain has ceased to function. Winston in just adorable.

44. Wow. Very impressive, Shari. You must be a mathematical professor to understand such big numbers. And such accurate olnes.

45. Such a sweet photo. Winston’s face is fantastic.

46. it happens to the best of us.

47. I’m frozen, torn between snuggling the baby or snorgling the Winston!

This epitomizes everything I love about dogs: the gentleness, acceptance, affection, intelligence, and sweet puppy love! Oooh it’s just DARLING!

48. Guess we can get him some oil paints for Christmas, then…… :P

49. this is adorable.

50. that’s hilarious – great catch!!! :)

51. that’s what I call best friends FOR LIFE!!!

52. Sweet and adorabuls beyond words. Oh, and the dog’s nice too.

53. i LOFFED Bob Ross!!!!!! Oh, I miss his Sat. afternoon half hour of drowsy mellowness on PBS! He was all, “this tree lives over here and this cabin lives here and this happy little cloud lives up here.” Then, in a brief but shocking 180 turn in the sleepy tone of the show, he would swish his paint brush around in a can of water and smack the hell out of it on the leg of his easel. And before you knew it, he was wishing you “happy painting and God bless, my friend…..”

Conversation bubble above goggie’s head: Dis MY babeh Bob Ross. Git yer OWN babeh Bob Ross!

54. Mod Lounge is my new middle name.

55. Cuties, May I point out that there is a human baby here and nobody is freaking out. What’s up with that?

56. I would have expected at least a bit of hysteria by now; when did everyone get so mellowed out? Oh, and the pic is sweet and beautiful and warmed the very cockles of my heart.

57. You’ve buried us in mathematical expertise, Shari. You’re a mathemortician of the highest calibre!

58. Martha in Washington says:

Bow ties are COOL!!

59. Martha in Washington says:

Please add my “AWWWWW” to the list! I LOVE goggies and babehs!

60. (The Original) Mel says:

Dude. Bob Ross was like so mellowing and calm. I wish I could watch him every night after work.

61. Winston is surely going to be a great guardian for that sweet little baby! The look in his eyes says it all!

62. Oh, yeah! Anyone that is not family that tries to lay one finger on that baby will get it from Winston in a New York Minute!

63. Caption referred to baby as “Bobby,” so I’m thinking Robert.

64. I want a dog. Now.

65. songbrdnurse says:

Winston: “Pleeeeze Moooom! Pleeeeze can we keep ‘em??? I PROMISE I’ll feed him and water him and walk him and take him potty and train him to be the bestest little boy in the whole wide world! Pleeeeez?!?!?!”
    Mom: (unable to resist those pleading brown eyes) “Ooohhhh……..alright.”

66. I think for the folks that aren’t so crazy about babies, Winston is stealing the show.

67. supercliffette says:

“Not to mention, you’ll be relegated to the buttbed.”

68. OMG the soulfoul eyes. THe adorableness. The CUTE! Squeeeeeee!!!!!

69. I know the feeling – I really wish I had a dog!

70. Dawwwwwwwwwww

71. No, he’s his own grandpa.

72. It’s because Winston can’t be having with that nonsense.

73. Oh, and thanks once again, CO, for recognizing the adorability of older dogs. Or, as I prefer, “puppies with experience”.

74. This is sooooo sweeettt… *melted*

75. Awwwwwww, too.

76. Ah, now it makes sense.

77. Too too precious. Made my day/week/month, etc. =)))

78. I Haz a Funny Bone says:

Perhaps we have our excellent mods to thank for that?

79. Or stetson.

80. Well, unless the dog is called Robert Jeffrey … I’d say maternal!

81. PS: BEEEEEP!

82. nope. all quiet on the nuffer front.

83. Fird Birfle says:

oooooh, niiiiiiiiiiiice, Katie??

84. This is why I absolutely despise people who get rid of their pet because they are busy with a baby. They are depriving the baby and the dog of so much love.

85. Oh, Winston, you’ve reduced me to a useless puddle of goo.
    Good dog indeed.

86. :D love that one!

87. This might be the best photo I’ve ever seen on this site. *melts*

88. the little kid should be 11 years by now, if the date on that towel is April 2000. Or at least 2 years if it is 2009 – aren’t there any more photos of this adorable pair??

89. I’ve been babysitting for over an hour now and badly need to go to the loo. When are they coming back to relieve me so I can relieve myself? They promised to pay me with a large juicy bone – hope they haven’t forgotten.

90. snoopysnake says:

But you can!

When baby potty trains, doggie will say, “we don’t make mistakes, we have happy accidents.”