Ladies and Gentlemen, The Cutest Kitten in the World

For your Caturday pleasure, this is an encore Presentayshe of Meme, originally posted April 2008.

There are really no sufficient words to accurately describe the proshness you are about to witness. Rest-assured the Japanese [shaking fist to sky] beat us AGAIN on this one. This time with the delectable dollop named “Memebon”

[drum roll]

See a LOT more of Memebon, her family and tons of merch over at ;)

1. eet has stolen my soul.

2. Sorry– I wish Meme well, but I don’t find mashed-face cats attractive.

3. I’m in Rhea’s camp, yus. Cute kitten? Very. Cutest in the world? Nah.

4. Indeed. Don’t get me wrong, given half a chance I’d snorgle her no problem, but I do like a pointy nosicle…

5. YES !

6. All kittens deserve snorgles, but I agree that there’s something a little disturbing about animals that have been bred to perpetuate what are arguably physical deformities that can interfere with health just because we think those traits are cute. :( That said, I repeat – all kittens deserve snorgles.

7. me too, exactly.

8. agreed. I never understood why people think these malformed cats are cute. The eyes are lopsided and droopy, the face looks like it didn’t want to get up and the whole thing winds up looking like a bad-hair day.

9. yeah, the smooshy face doesn’t do much for me, either. Not that i’d pass up a snorgle if offered.

10. Daphne Moss says:

Same here…I would not get one.

11. too STINKIN’ cute! now, where have i heard THAT before?

12. I saw this posted on twitter and was like,

“This can’t be the cutest kitten in the world *clicks on the link* OMG IT ISSSSS! :shock:

13. *gasp*

14. From now on, cuteness will be measure by the Meme scale.

15. I second that rule.

16. Oh YES! I remember Memebon very well! I kept a bunch of pictures of her because she is clearly the CUTEST KITTEN IN THE WORLD!! (No offense to my three beauties, Nick and Nora and little Nell.) I think if I saw Memebon and Boo together, my head would simply asplode from the cuteness.

17. Memebon had possibly the best LOLcat evar other than the not-PMSing lioness:

18. …and she totally has a flavr, judging by the paw-nomming.

19. OMG, the teeny, tiny toys!

20. I was perfectly fine until “NOM: Paw.” “NOM: Paw” has killed me.

21. Me too. I thought I was *ded* at MAAAHM! but I did not know what *ded* was until I saw NOM: Paw.

22. A friend calls this move “kissing the paws.” In Meme’s case I’d say that was totally true!

23. bob drummond says:

How can you look at these picture and not smile at them? This has got to be one of the best set kitten shots I’ve ever seen–REALLY!!!

24. I’m sorry, but so genetically defective you need help to breathe is just one of those ovary things.

25. Whoa, check out the near-identical-to-momma face!

26. the momma plus mini-me pic is the best. What a coupla beauties!

27. AWW :D What a cutie :D

28. Memebon was definitely the cutest kitten in the world. But, when she grew up, her cute/sad face turned into more of a pissed-off one. I prefer to remember these baby photos, of course.

29. I love PO’d cat faces.

30. kibblenibble says:

Then you would have loved my Isabella, Theresa. She had the most beautiful POd face I’ve ever seen. In person, she was astonishingly beautiful. but every time I tried to capture that beauty on film, all I got was a very grumpy little princess. Now she’s gone, but i can still remember how breathtaking she was. :-)

31. If this doesn’t make you N’AWWWWW :3 then you oughtta check your pulse cos you’re not human!

32. Andi from NC says:

For God’s sake, woman!!!! I kept scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and each pic was cuter that the last – I completely exhausted….. but pleased, very pleased…..

33. How do CO get their paws on my baby pictures? :P

34. Spay, spay, spay!!! *angry face*

35. Fird Birfle says:

36. Russell Crowe-kitten.

37. YES! I said that years ago!

38. Meme’s mommy has eyes like Sauron!

39. Fird Birfle says:

“Meme’s mommy. Meme’s mommy. Meme’s mommy. Meme’s mommy…..”

*repeat until hypnO-tized*

40. It is cute. ALL kittens are cute! ALL of them. Every single last one of ’em. But on another note – WHY???!??!?!??!?! WHY must you bathe the kitten!?!?!??!!?!

41. Fird Birfle says:

oh boy.
    Let the nuffing begin.
    *pulls up lawn chair and prepares a Mint Julep, with sprig*

42. swampdiamonds says:

I know! Such a tiny baby for a bath.

43. jeesh! sometimes they poop on themselves, or jump in a dirty toilet, or they get puked-on by accident, or….. (anyone who’s ever taken care of kittens insert exception-to-the-rule here….)

44. EWWWWWWWWW! Not cute!

45. I thought Memebon was a dude. . . Idk. Maybe I’m wrong. Pretty sure, though.

46. Wow, memebon is all growed up now.

47. Photo #13: the kitteh has to be put behind bars. The world is not ready for eet! And that much cute is CLEARLY illegal!

48. Janet in NYC says:

Love it! Must be my favorite CO sequence ever

49. HRH QueenCat says:

hmmmmm, cute, but cutEST ???

she looks too sad in most pics

50. My heart has exploded

51. While I appreciate the cuteness of kittens, I’m not a cat person. But this little guy made my heart grow three sizes AND made my head explode from teh irresistable cuteness!!!! I particularly swooned over the little pathetic mewing mouf and the prosh little paw covering the wee little yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

52. I think I’m going to die from a literal cute overload. I love kitties! That guy is so cute.

53. sunnylessmum says:

Lethal cute

54. In my humble opinion, all kittens I come across become the cutest kittens in the world.

55. not cute, imho. Eyes yucky.

56. How do you say “prosh” in Persian?

57. Looks like a little toy. How can anybody look at her and not she is precious, absolutely adorable!

58. Space Cowgirl says:

59. Anna Gelber says:

the Anne Geddes of kitten photography!! absolutely adorable

60. Empressgoth says:

Yep..Still the Cutetest!

61. This little critter sure is cute, but I’ve seen one cuter.

(If the link doesn’t show up, hit IBKC and look under the tag “Kisses the Kitten”)

62. Queen of Dork says:

*Marches with great stompiness onto the ward*

Crap. *Sets up industrial strength vat of smelling salts and a BIG fan. Tucks ded and fainted peeps into bed with a puppy and a kitten at their heads and hamsters running in wheels next to their beds. Floofs pillows. Freshens the water in the vases of their live flower arrangements. Changes the channel to The Dick Van Dyke Show so everyone will heal by laughing. Adjusts starched nurses hat and squeaks away down the hall*

63. Queen of Dork says:

In my attempt to nurse stricken peeps, I’ve found myself flung into the Mod Lounge. I really like the upgrades in here! *looks around* Wow! The pool is great and I love all the hamsters running around in wheels in here! But could somebody please slip me a slice of quiche under the door?

64. Blimey. I remember those pictures a few years back. Makes me want a new born kitty. Only trouble is they grow up into cats that throw up on my carpet and enjoy scratching me.

Still… so kawaii!!

65. That’s the ugliest cat I’ve seen

66. not as cute as the puppies i photographed the other day ^^

67. Awww! I’m not a fan of cats being bred to be peke-faced or stumpy-legged or what have you, but Memebon really is cute in extremis. :)

*snorgles the bebe*

68. i would LOVE yo know what breed of cats they are!!! :D this has inspired me TO LOOK FOR ONE AND BUY IT BECAUSE IT IS SO FRIGGEN ADORABLE!!!