We Found the Problem with Your A/C

Yep, turns out you had a puppy blocking your vent. That’s also the source of that flapping sound you’ve been hearing.

1. Oh my goodness. It’s like a cartoon! Adorbs!

2. Is it now dreaming of his flight lessons in a doggie wind tunnel?

3. That was how Mary Poppins got started.

4. Or Dumbo :)

5. Or Sister Bertrille….

6. or Gidget…

7. Fird Birfle says:

Didja know there was a for-reals Gidget? I saw some articles recently and the family published a book ….

8. Floppy ear clearly in need of some soft cronsche-ing.

9. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so, so cool and refreshing.

10. Puppeh is dreaming he’s riding in the car with his head out the window!

11. I don’t know how to make the video appear correctly, but this is a link to the commercial where the guy is dreaming he’s driving his car and the dog puts its face into the breeze coming off the fan like he’s got his head out the window of the car. So darn cute!

12. That commercial is pure genius. It makes me laugh every time.

13. I love that commercial! LOL

14. Must be dreaming of Falkor the Luck Dragon…

15. WIN!!

16. He’s found the perfect solution for… wait for it… the DOG days of summer! Get it?! I keel me.

17. *groan*

18. Fird Birfle says:

Will you be here all week?
    Should we try the veal and tip our waitperson? ;)

19. And in perfect lab fashion, I’m sure as soon as that little black nose is nicely refrigerated, he will go find someone’s warm neck to stick it on! *shiver*

20. And wouldn’t that be GREAT?!

21. “For those nights when chili and beer come back to haunt you … The Poochadaire 3000™ by K-Tel. Simply attach puppy to standard air vent using included magnets and feel glorious fresh air disperse throughout the room. Great for Father’s Day gift giving. Only $19.99.”

22. “But wait! There’s MORE!”

23. Fird Birfle says:

“What do I get IF I CALL RIGHT NOW????????” *snerk*

24. Coincidence – that’s also the source of the giggling sound I’m hearing. Oh no, wait, that’s me!

25. (The Original) Mel says:

Meanwhile, the Ice Cream Truck stops: Pupsickle. I want the one with extra ear noms.

27. ^ whut she said

28. Yay for puppy smell spreading all around the apartment!

29. Kari Callin says:

When I eat a York Pupper-mint patty, it feels like a cool breeze blowing through my ears! Aaaaahhhhhh…..

30. She shoots ….She SCORES !!!!

31. Jennifer The Forgetful Faerie Queen says:

Oh Kari ……
    You made me spew coffee…….

32. Flappage… a new rule of cute?

33. My rat does that too! He runs around until he’s all tired and warm, and then he sprawls himself across the vent to cool down for a few minutes before he’s back on the go.

34. I feel the same way about A/C, little doggie. Same exact way.

35. Fird Birfle says:

Yup. You, me & Moki were stitched from the same cloth :)

36. Ditto.

37. Ridiculously adorable.

38. Fird Birfle says:

I concur

39. *goes to check A/C vents for puppies*

…wait, I don’t have A/C vents like that. :(

…nor puppies.

40. Fird Birfle says:

*pats mie consolingly on the shoulder*
    *gives mie an RC and a Moonpie*

41. you have MOONPIES??!
    um… fird… *shuffles feet* do you… uh…
    maybe have any more? *mumble* maybe?

42. Fird Birfle says:

Here ya go!!!! Enjoy! Paula Deen ain’t got NOTHIN’ on this :)

43. oh thanks man!
    almost as delicious as those puppeh ears :)

44. Martha in Washington says:

Cool pup is cool. And also smart.

45. Ear-conditioning!

46. And when the weather gets cooler, don’t forget to turn up the fur-nace.

47. This just made my entire day.

48. Smartest dog ever. Period! End of story.

Sp what are we calling this? Vlanking (vent + planking)? Anyone?

49. Plawwwwnking?

50. Works for me. ;D

51. My bichon pup used to sleep right atop the vent, blocking it with his whole body. We would wonder why it was so warm….RIP Hanno.

52. So tie-tie he doesn’t even wake up when the camera is right in his face!

53. Stressed out pup needs to vent.

54. Shannon Riley says:

Kerthud steppy just exploded from sheer cuteness of this. My doxies do that with heating vents in winter. I am smiling now!!

55. So darling! My labby’s petrified of air vents, which is a shame–she’d love the air this time of year if she could get past the fact that air comes out at “random” times.

56. My cats do that in the winter when the heat is on. There are 2 vents in the living room they each take one while I sit and shiver.

57. That’s what my cats did when I had that kind of vents, too! They would loaf up in the exact size of the vent, so you couldn’t even tell there was one under them. Heatsuckin’ cats.

58. Lol, now we need a ‘LOAFING’ tag :-)

59. Totally love the phrase “loaf up”!

We had 4 Siamese cats when I was a kid, and they camped out on all the floor vents during the winter. We would shiver while our meezers all had the same satisified expressions that said, “Just TRY to move me off this vent.”

Well, they say you should wear extra layers in the winter anyway…

60. Oh, adorableness. I’m kind of tempted to turn this into an animated .gif that loops over and over, just so I can keep staring at those ears a-flappin’.

61. What’s stoppin’ you?

62. Heh, what do you know, I actually tried to do this with a program but it didn’t work! It looked all pixelated. I will leave this to people who know what they’re doing, I guess. :-)

63. furreals, yo! I’d do it if I knew how!

64. My floofy tortie does this, too, but her earsies never flap like that. It does lead to massive chunks of tortie floof flying through the air, however. In goes a tiny amount of kibble each day and then out comes a tootsie roll midget and about 40 lbs. of floof. I’ll never understand the physics of it.

65. Emmberrann says:

@kimmaroo: There be no physics to it. Cats be floof factories: food in one end, floof out the sides, and ha-ha not-tootsie-rolls and not-lemonades out t’other. I often thought of my Late Much Beloved Mr. Picky as a 1991 model floof factory. And I had the floof balls to prove it.

66. y’all, I am soooo not getting any work done today. All I’m doing for the rest of the morning is watching this on a loop. Might even do it through the afternoon, too.
    oh well!

67. Theresa? No stinkin’ cute? 260-I bow again, I bow. I love the idea of the cold nose on someone’s lucky warm neck! And puppy smell all over! Wonderful! Have great weekend Peeps!

68. In the lounge, pettin’ your nice, cool Lab puppy.

69. Smart puppy, it’s been so hot and humid I’ve been wanting to do that too! Also, sweet guy looks like a big dumpling, so all is forgiven.

70. Loff so moishe. Do those ears have different speeds? (Not that they wouldn’t still TOTALLY rule if they’re single-speed ears.)

71. Mr. McFlappersons

72. We don’t have those types of vents just a window ac but I did basically the same thing after cooking dinner last night ! Next time I B.B.Q. those steaks !

73. Puppeh Airlines are ready for take off.

74. Isn’t that an AIRedale?

75. Fird Birfle says:

*appreciative groan*

76. My imagination is now taking off, and replacing cutie lab puppy with a full-grown basset hound with ears and lips a-flapping.

77. AC pup ready for take-off. Wing flaps now in gear.

78. My dog likes to stick his face right in front of my 8″ table fan. He paws at it if he wants me to turn it on. When we get back from a walk, he goes to slurp up his water, then jumps on the couch right by the fan. If I’m too slow to turn it on, he’ll move it across the table with his paw and knock it on the ground. Yeah, he’s a wee bit spoiled.

79. Fird Birfle says:

80. We have a big, goofy floofy Maine Coone cat that will lie down on the hassock in front of the fan at the precise height and angle that will let the breeze ruffle his Luxuriant Belly Fur (TM).

81. Awww, my Stinky had the BIg White Belly™. He would lie on his back and looked like an aircraft carrier. :P

82. My Maine Coon is black on top and white on the bottom. When she lies on her back we call it The Reversible Cat.

83. Fird Birfle says:

@ Theresa:
    Just b/c you *don’t already have
    enough rimshot punchlines* at your disposal :) …thought you could add this one:
    in our (Navy jet pilot) fambly, the stock misinformation was
    to use the term “Air CRASH Carrier” ….

84. I kept lookin’ and watchin’ for leep flappin’, but no luck! What an adorable puppeh and great video! Thanks for posting this.

85. OMG! I’m just loving the ear flappage. :D

86. Best.. Dumbo.. imitation.. evar.

87. My dog does this too during the summer, minus the ear flapping! He loves lying on top of the vent in our family room–or at night he goes into my parents’ bathroom to lie down on the cool tiles and to take advantage of the vent right on the bottom part of the wall!