Just Looking for a Silver Lining, Here…

Look, I’m cool with the whole cone thing. Medically necessary, keeps me disciplined, yadda yadda — I get it. I’m just saying, as long as I have to wear this, why not pour a little kibble in here? That too much to ask?

Would it kill ya, Joshua R.?

Comments

1. Those eyes! I would not be able to resist providing anything this little cuddle bug wanted.

2. Aww the splayed hind legs :)

But for the life of me I can’t understand what is that stain/earring/thingamabob on the pup’s right ear. Any guesses? I’m seriously barooing here.

3. Those eyes, the furrowed brow, the splayed out footers… I would not resist as well!

4. just guessing here, but I wonder if those are staples? maybe the ear was injured/ripped/cut/etc and that’s why puppeh is wearing the cone of shame?

5. well, while i’m in the Mod Lounge, can i >beep!< the puppeh's nose?

6. I just want to fill that cone with milk bones for him.

7. cone/treat funnel… tomato/tomahto

8. skippymom says:

Yeah, I once got sent to the Lounge for using the word “shame”.

9. Cone of shame?

10. skippymom says:

And it worked again!
    That’s funny, I was guessing that if I tried to go to the Mod Lounge, the machine would know what I was up to and not send me there. Oh well. (plops down on butt bed)

11. Here’s a margarita and a cone of shame for you to sport while you relax in the M.L.

12. It looks like drains were put in the ear to help it heal by letting air in to prevent infection. Or maybe it’s just cool new dog piercings… but what a pleading face…

13. Cone makes it easier to beam Sad Eye rays- pew! pew!

14. How is that puppy not being snuggled non-stop?! Just look at that face. She obvy was teacher’s pet and got an A+ in the “Emoting Pathetic” class at drama school…

15. lol, I got out quick, so Sharpy must be on duty. :)

16. The cone looks like a martini glass. What the puppeh needs is a good martini.

17. my frances cat just got her cone off & stitches out.
    a lot of her medicine ended up spilled in the cone.
    and now all she want to do is groom herself!

18. Better not take him out in the rain Joshua R!

19. skippymom says:

(carefully pouring Beefeater into cone)

20. My comment disapeared !!!
    Doodoo doo dooo Twilight Zone time.

21. WendyLady says:

:D

22. victoreia says:

Oh, the cruelty! The inhumanity! Just look at the poor pupper’s suffering! Where will it stop?!?!? [faints dramatically]

23. Fird Birfle says:

I concur re. the furrowed brow & the feetsies.
    I was wondering, whether perhaps he missed the classes on sitting at attenshon ….

Also: lurve the use of “yadda yadda” with this Tough Bronx Guy.

24. Welshgrrl says:

Aw, the cone of shame!

25. victoreia says:

Dramatic fainting gets me in the mod lounge? Oooookay, then. (Darn, too early for a mojito!)

26. skippymom says:

Remember, victoreia, it’s five o’clock somewhere.

27. The butt bed is where an infinite number of angels do the butt dance..

28. barrroooo!

29. It’s ALWAYS five o’clock in the mod lounge. Oh look, there’s a line around the corner!

30. MMmmm…lemon gravy…

31. ZeppthePug says:

Two pugs in one week! Huzzah! My pug, however, does not have the cow ear-tags like this guy…

32. skippymom says:

Theresa, could you please demonstrate that dance for us?

33. Fird Birfle says:

??????

34. Fird Birfle says:

no no that’s a “line DANCE!!” :)

35. Mary (the first) says:

Please don’t say you think there’s ever a “too early” for a mojito …

36. Here it comes!

37. Fird Birfle says:

*is particularly intrigued, with the third guy at the left (to the stage back),
    who keeps doing a Rockettes’ ultra- High Kick …*

38. victoreia says:

Well, come to think of it, when the boss’s bosses have a party and invite us peons, they *do* serve wine. For lunch. When we’re expected to go back to work…….

Yo, bar-keep!

39. victoreia says:

8-O Ow.

40. TrixandSam says:

*pulls out puplets (instead of cutlets), lemons, capers and butter to make Pup al Limone*

41. TrixandSam says:

Will you still be pouring beefeaters? I mean, like, the butt bed doesn’t mess with your pouring style, does it?

42. TrixandSam says:

rats. that comment was meant for skippymom’s comment about trying to get INTO the mod lounge.

43. Feel better Frances! :)

44. They look like plastic tubes used around sutures in the ear flap – he probably had an aural hematoma that was drained. When they sew the ear back up after draining, they “quilt” it so that there is minimal dead space to prevent the ear from filling back up with blood or turning into “cauliflower ear”. Too cute – got to love the pugs!

45. victoreia says:

[sigh] Still in moderation, I see. Another drink is in order.

By the way, where’s the brownie dispenser?

46. That, my dear Firdie, is the piano player!

47. Testing Skippymom’s theory that the word shame can get you into the mod lounge.

48. So THIS is the mod lounge…hi, I’m new here.

49. Um… how can I reach my water bowl with this cone on?

50. What’s yours? We have a lot of mojitos here.

51. I’ve never had a mojito before, thanks, I’d love to try one.:)
    *sips tentatively*
    *takes large swig*
    Niiiiiiice.

52. 8O

53. Still here so I may as well have another…..thanks.

54. What it looks like to me too. Poor pup. Those things itch like mad. We had soo many who tried to pull them out when I worked at the vet’s! Def. would need the cone to keep away from them.

55. JohnnieCanuck says:

Maybe that’s not so much the Moderation Lounge as the Cone of Silence. All you need to do is to Get Smart!

56. JohnnieCanuck says:

I laughed. Good one, Gigi.

57. bookmonstercats says:

I would be very happy either to be able to play piano as well as that, or to do a high kick from a piano stool at the same time!

58. bookmonstercats says:

Doin’ the Ragg Mopp…

59. Funny enought my dog actually LIKED wearing the cone, well once she realized she could pin the cats to the wall with it.

60. LOL! I would love to see that…

61. Too funny. I’d like to see that too.

62. In response to the alt text:

Do you know who I am? I’m the pup who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

63. Pugster should get anything he wants – between his Edward G. Robinson face and his leg splayage, he is lethally cute! Feel better soon, bebeh.

64. Wish I’d had a video camera, it was funny to watch. She’d almost use the cone as a plow/shovel to push them into the wall. Luckily my cats love their sister-who-barks and didn’t use pointy bits on her.

65. Doo-dee-doo-da-dee-da-da!

66. Awww, that also explains the look in pupster’s eyes.

67. My question is… what did the ‘sister-who-barks” do to the cats once she had them pinned?????? 8O

68. He wears the cone of shame! Poor puppeh, he isn’t the alpha.

69. I asked you not to tell me!

70. What, I can’t hear you!!