And Now, Everybody’s Grandpa

“I cannot believe the stupid, liberal, nanny-state garbage that passes for so-called ‘news’ these days! ‘Pick up after your pets’?! When I was a boy, we picked up after ourselves! I can see I’ll have to write another harshly-worded letter to the editor!”

“This is our cute little Leroy. Obviously has something to protest against here,” says Candy H.

Comments

1. Is he his own grandpa?

2. A ‘Dog Tea Party’ grandpa? ahahaha… I see this is one smart border collie attacking the liberal media :-)

3. 260Oakley says:

Wonder which reporter scooped the story on pet clean up?

4. 260Oakley says:

Bet he was happy when it was finally in the bag.

5. Ha! The “when I was a boy” stories are classic. Whenever my sisters and I were begging for something we couldn’t have, my dad would inevitably say something like, “You girls are lucky you have everything you do. When I was a boy, we were so poor, I didn’t have a bed. I had 4 bumpers on the floor…” And on and on. He had a million of them…

6. Hmm. Moderation machine seems to be on fire lately. :roll: Theresa, please pass me a mojito.

7. NO! Don’t bite the paperboy (or girl). He (or she) is INNNNNNNOCENT!!!!!

8. SlaveToCat says:

I think the puppy was on the wrong end of a rolled up news paper. :(

9. what are you talking about? you flew right through without even a hello.

…TROMP TROMP TROMP … goes back under bridge … *humph.*

10. SO SORRY Sharpy. I got a “your comment is awaiting moderation” message, and then I typed my kvetching, hit refresh and then I was out of moderation. By that time I couldn’t delete! :( I’m so sorry!! Lesson learned, no more whining from me! Here, Sharpy, please have my mojito…

11. Yep. That story was one hot mess.

12. But that reporter knows how to get the straight poop.

13. He doesn’t tiptoe around any issue, and I’m afraid he’s stepped in it more than once.

14. Please don’t bite the paperboy or girl! They work hard enough already!!!!

15. And Leroy had to walk *himself* six miles to school through the snow, gripping the leash in his own paw.

16. Fird Birfle says:

“razzmdazzmfrazzm whyIoughtta …..” [etc] :(

17. Fird Birfle says:

“WALKED to school, uphill, BOTH WAYS …..” ;)

[cues Theresa for the "We were PROUD
    to be evicted, from our Hole in the Ground...." bit :) ]

18. Fird Birfle says:

NIIIIIIIIICE one :)

19. Fird Birfle says:
  20. Better late than never, Nikki.

21. Luuuuxury! Luuuxury!

22. How about a very passable Chateau de Chasslier?

23. Why thanks Theresa! Let’s serve Sharpy first. She might still be harumphing…

24. Martha in Washington says:

And all we had to play with was MUD!

25. …Barefoot. In the snow…

26. American pets are so in heaven. Chinese counterparts are, well, not so much. http://indiegogo.com/film4pets

27. You’re lucky you had mud! We had to make our own mud by scratching rocks with our fingernails.

28. OK, you all asked for it! “Oh, we used to DREAM of living in a corry-dor!”

BTW, the only bona fide Yorkshireman there is Michael Palin: Idle’s a Geordie, Jones is Welsh, and Chapmas was from Leicester. ;)

29. Precisely like that.

30. You had fingers? When I was a girl, we had not evolved past vaguely finny-looking nubs.

31. Hahaha! “And when we got home, our dad would KILL us and dance on our graves!”” Too hilarious.

32. ZeppthePug says:

My dad told me he had to walk to school barefoot, but NOT in the snow.
    When it was snowy, he rode his stegasaurus to school.

33. Thanks! Once in a while, I pull it off. :)

34. He had his OWN stegosaurus??? My dad had to SHARE! :)

35. skippymom says:

Isn’t it “thrash us to death with his belt and dance about on our graves singin’ Alleluia”? (I didn’t watch the above video, but this is how I remember the sketch.)

36. Fird Birfle says:

heh heh heh

37. They used to change little bits at different times. They used to change the delivery, too.

38. skippymom says:

T., I actually have a book at home right now called Monty Python Speaks, published in 1999, in which the guys take turns telling how it really was. It’s fascinating.

39. Awww, Leroy finally made it onto here, I must’ve sent this in possibly 4 to 5 years ago when he was 2. He hasn’t picked up a newspaper since then, he said he finds it just gets him worked up over nothing. Now he prefers to grumble about and revisit his youth with the new pup in the hood, Jess.

40. Hey is that my grandpa? :D

41. luvstehQte says:

you should introduce him to cute overload!!!! it’s excellent stress relief from the awful contents of the newspaper. :D