I Put the ‘ehn!’ in Fence

Oh. Hey-lerrrrrrhe!

Apparently, this little prosh guy was inspired by other monkehs and kept attempting to scale the fence too. But it’s so hard! FENCE-HANCE:

Must…try!

Thanks to cake-maker Amanda I. for excellent cuteporting from Safari Niagara.

Comments

1. SQUEE!!! The Fence-Hance photo is adorable! I love the tongue and his beautiful eyes.

2. Whoa! Major BEF!

3. Very cute indeed, but that’s an ape and not a monkey.

4. kibblenibble says:

I want to help heem! My heart feels like someone is squeezing it because I cannot help thees leetle one. *sigh*

5. OH MY GOSH, IT’S SO TEENY-WEENY!

6. Still completely amazing considering the age of this little one, our species can’t even stand at this age!

7. He’s rockin’ the Don King hairdo…

8. (The Original) Mel says:

I wish I was this cute when I’m climbing fences.

9. Kristen S. says:

What kind of monkey is that?

10. EEEEeeeeeeeK! *thud*

11. PS Don’t worry about this leetle mite, before you know it, he will be into everything, like any baby. The thing I remember about having kittens in the house was how quickly their mobility seemed to outstrip their intelligence. :roll:

12. All new-world monkeys and most old-world monkeys have tails. This little guy doesn’t so he might be an ape. A gibbon perhaps?

13. If you haven’t already, watch the video to see what size he’ll grow into [amazing!], but TURN DOWN THE VOLUME; off is best.

14. *eek*!! He’s so tiny and trying so hard! Poor wee thing :-s

15. I don’t believe it’s any kind. I think he is a lesser ape, though without seeing Momma’s face, it’s hard for me to place which species. I would guess that he’s a gibbon, but I could be completely off with that.

16. Hey, think you can slip me a few pack of ciggies through this fence?

17. Tiniest sliver of peenk tongue, toes-ies wrapped around fence wire, Don King coif (so noted above by most observant Nikki), sitting amongst salad greens…… I MUST HAS! I want to mess up the already messed-up hairs on top of his fuzzy noggin!

18. Looks like he’s taking fencing lessons.

19. sure, but the only ones i have are these candy ones.

20. ugh!!!!

21. Am I the only one who thinks this looks like the fence they scaled in Jurassic Park -and the hairdo looks like the little boy who didn’t let go in time. Yikes.

22. geez, he’s about as ambulatory as a day-old puppy. all the wobbliness trying to get his hands to go where he wants them.

23. JLAmusings says:

their mobility outstripping their intelligence= PURRFECT description!
    And unfortunately my little orange one Malcolm seems to be stuck permanently in that state. I tell him he’d ride the short bus to school if he was my kid. He just chirps happily as runs amok atop my kitchen cabinets.

24. JLAmusings says:

How ’bout a bubblegum cigar?

25. Where is his momma? He looks so young, must scoop up, wrap in softest blanket, and coo while zerbeting belly.

26. Nope, I thought of that too. Poor crispy critter.

27. “The thing I remember about having kittens in the house was how quickly their mobility seemed to outstrip their intelligence.”

I was already smiling at the baby fence-scaler, but THIS made me laugh out loud! Theresa, you are a genius. And I am so stealing this line.

28. It does look like a baby black gibbon.

29. He looks more like the bubbly-pipe sort.

30. victoreia says:

Have you been studying with 260Oakley?

31. Fird Birfle says:

thees leetle guy/ gal’s HAID is about 85 x as big as his tush. It’s no wonder he/ she
    can’t get sufficiently balanced to stand, never MIND managing to scale a fence many times his/ her height …. poor anguished llil’ kid ….

32. Fird Birfle says:

vewwy vewwy twue.

33. He’s so skinny. I must have hims so I can feed hims and fatten him up. Round bulgy monkeh tummy.

34. I think it was the commentator that made the video for me. “The mom is all like excuse me, I was climbing here.” Lol. Too funny!

35. kittens not kids says:

I was guessing gibbon, too, or siamang (also lesser ape). not monkeh! ape! ape! lil ape!

36. 260Oakley says:

I was going to make some comment about the coach putting the littlest guy on de fence, but I like Gaz’s much better.

37. Is this Sarah Vowell making this video?

38. 260O, thank you for the compliment. I have learned from the best.

39. Yes! My exact thought about the fence!

40. Love his ‘my head’s on fire’ hairdo!! And the commentary is too cute.

41. The tongue and the eyes are awesome, but don’t forget about that hair! It made me laugh out loud!

42. biscuithead says:

Sound like her, but I would expect wittier narration. :)

43. I know it’s an ape, not a monkey, It’s actually some type of Gibbon :)

44. He’s a gibbon, but I don’t know what kind :(

45. Ha! Thanks for making my crappy day super awesome by posting this. :3

46. And I apologise for the volume on the video being loud and sort of repetitive! All I could do when I saw this little guy was say “HOW CUTE!”

47. That is what we call around here some serious “baby monkey hair”. Commit it to memory, and you will start to see it everywhere!

48. No need to apologize. Baby animals have that effect on people. Have you seen the mess of brains all over this place after the daily postings? I hope the janitorial staff get a nice bonus at Christmas. :D