I want a slippery cuddle!

As you all know, the rule is that any animal with the word “pygmy” in its name is automatically cute. This newborn behbeh hippers is no exception. Blorp.

Japan’s Ueno Zoo has got a superstar on its hands, Miriam S. More on this story over at First News.

1. Those are some bleeny nostrils.

2. Fird Birfle says:

@ Theresa…

and Theo didn’t surface, to cause you consternation over your BLEEN ?????

3. Nostril capsules?

4. Just chipped my polar-bear-head cookie jar lid: I think I’ve found its replacement: blorp!

5. He’s Disneying me out!

6. That is some SERIOUS blorpitude!

7. doomchild says:

Exactly what I thought! That feller deserves his own site – blorpoverload!

8. How sad is it that I couldn’t get excited over a friend’s toddler, but this just makes me turn to melted butter?

9. Same way. I’m pretty indifferent to babehs of the hooman variety – but if I see a babeh anipal I go all to moosh! :)

10. bob drummond says:

I have to agree with all of you. I just love baby animals too.
    God knows, I’ve seen enough of them !!!!

11. Red Toenails says:

Yeah, you’re right, that’s sad, girl. But since you’ve got Cute in your life…there’s hope!

12. Mina, I’m the same way! Human babies are cute and I can smile at them without any prodding. But show me a baby animal and I will embarrass myself with gibberish and cooing and baby talk and cuddles.

Guess I don’t think it’s sad at all, seems pretty natural to me!

13. OMG. What a fabulous face! Completely ridiculously cute.

Meg, may we please have a blorp tag? Thank you very much.

14. And PS, I forgot to mention those rosy cheeks!!! SQUEEE!!!

15. I know! Don’t you just want to reach out and pinch them?

16. I second that!

17. Oh the sheer Blorposity! And the very definition of ‘Chipmunk Cheeks’!

18. Queen of Dork says:

Blorp. Blorp. (I can also hear his ears twitching!)

19. With his chubby cheeks, he’s almost a blorp within a blorp.

20. Queen of Dork says:

chanpon, I think you’re right about that. Plus, he for some reason reminds me of an eggplant. With twitching ears. Hey! He could be the new Mr. Potato Head! Only he’s of course Mr. Eggplant Head! *attaches whiskers and nostrils to toy head* Yay! :)

21. Fird Birfle says:

@ Qod, re: Eggplant — YES YES and also YES.

Affirmative Annie

22. The Divine Eggplant of Protection? :P

23. By George, I think you’ve got it! Or is it Jove… I’m never certain.

24. bob drummond says:

It depends on which side of” the pond”
    you were born on !

25. OH MY GOD!!! Sweeeeet!

26. blubbular, blorpular, blobbyboo!

27. Pygmy + Hippo = PIPPO!!!!!!!

28. Splorpy smooches all over the blorptastic babeh!

29. Me thinks it must also be a rulz that you must be a cute animalz to live in Japan.

30. He looks like he is wearing blush/rouge. What shade would be good for hippo babies? River Rose? Potamus Peach?
    Don’t pinch his cheeks please. When I was a little girl we lived on Guam. One of the old ladies who lived near us used to pinch my cheeks all the time. It was awful. My sister, who had fat cheeks too, and I used to hate it. She was a nice lady and we loved her daughter who worked at our house but we hated to see her coming up to visit.

31. love the pink cheeks.

32. Jabba back when he was a cute little tyke!