Bom ba dee da, bom ba dee da

Wah hey there, little lady. Ain’t you mighty purty now.
You new ’round this here town? What say you an’ me saddle up and go westward, ho?

Who you calling ‘ho’ Becky T.!?

Comments

1. That boopable nose can take me in any direction it likes.

2. BEEP

3. EEEEEE a Scottie finally!!!! cutie, cutie cutie!! and then she will steal the best chair in the house!

4. Maybe it’s just me, but that face has a slight hint of “I didn’t do it!”

*beeps nose*

5. Oh, I could never slap this little sweetie!

6. Let me get my schoolmarm bonnet and I’ll be right back.

7. I just want to eat those ears up.

8. Teresa in St Louis (formerly of KC) says:

Ahem. (snatches Decca’s schoolbarm bonnet and assumes lecturing pose on soapbox)

The dog in question is NOT a Scottie. Many people see this dog and think “Oh how
    cute – a white Scottie”! However, in fact, this is a separate breed entirely – a West Highland Terrier, affectionately known as a Westie. Scotties and Westies are very closely related in their breed standards, but there are difference – the most noticable
    being the color of the coat. Scotties = black. Westies = white.

(Does a pratfall off soapbox, dusts off schoolmarm bonnet, and returns it to Decca)

9. archiesmom says:

Looks just like my Lily did way back when! I love baby Westies! But you know behind those beautiful eyes is a shoe-destroying devil. Beware the teeth of adolescence…

10. archiesmom says:

Just preparing for future devilment. It’s the terrier way, you know.

11. oonaghrose says:

Yes, indeed — finally a Scottie. I have two Scotties — one blond and one classic black

12. WESTIE INNA SCAAAAAARF

13. (The Original) Mel says:

I love that little cattle rustler with a passion akin ta madness.

14. waves lace handkerchief:
    Could a kind CO peep please explain the title? I’ve tried to sing it in various keys and octaves, and the closest I get is “Dragnet” minus an ultimate syllable.
    Thanks!

15. Sassy Dali says:

hirish,

It’s the lead-in to Happy Trails to You (originally by Roy Rogers???). Hopefully David Lee Roth can make it clearer… :D

16. napkinring says:

Bom ba de da ear worm!!

17. Happy traiiiiiils, to youuuuuuuuuuuu,
    Until, we meet, againnnnnnnnnn………

18. 260Oakley says:

The name’s Patty. Cow Patty.

19. archiesmom says:

*giggle*

20. oonaghrose says:

Wow. Some people think this dog is a Westie. Ear position, people.

21. Wull howdy doo.

22. STINKIN’ cute.

23. lol, thanx!
    xo

24. ha the song i thought was being referenced was the old techno eiffel 64 song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA52uNzx7Y4 and i was very confused haha. then i’m sitting there like bom ba dee DA? BOM ba dee da? bom BA de DA? BOM ba DEE da… ahh yes!

25. fish eye no miko says:

Ah, thanks, I was gonna ask what kind of dog it was… I knew it looked familiar.
    Dear heavens, this is a cute little dog! (-:

26. Mary (the first) says:

That doesn’t sound right to me.. are you sure??

27. napkinring says:

Try this one!

28. In case anyone is wondering, here’s the song.

29. Actually, it’s a West Highland White terrier. And it’s stinkin’ cute.

30. And they don’t know that they’re white, either. :P

31. Madame X! *waving pompoms* Yay John Singer Sargent!

32. That looks just like Snowy from Tintin!

33. “Beam me up, Scottie!”

34. SheepishKitty says:

Ha! I was about to type that! I knew someone would!

35. WAAAAAAAAH! (that’s one level below supersonic Squeee LOL)

36. Fird Birfle says:

DECCA WINS !!!!

37. Fird Birfle says:

It’s the clicky-clacky “goin’ down the dusty trail” sounds,
    from the beginning of the song. :)

38. Fird Birfle says:

A (male) friend of mine uses the phrase “leetle lay-dee”,
    whenever he wants to set me off into a fit of indignation ….fully expecting to be slapped, upside his haid (so he stays just outta my reach…) :)

39. oooh what a cutsie pie!

40. Nice lace hankie. We have nothin’ but class around here.

41. a scot ascot

42. Fird Birfle says:

So — does that mean that cats are actually terriers, then??? ;)

43. I thought I could safely get to my death without seeing any more David Lee Roth. 8O

44. Oh it is a Westie, and a real handsome one at that.

*Putting on my my bossy hat:

Westies are white, (and sweet) but Scotties come in Black, Brindle-brown, Brindle-silver (rare), Brindle-red, and WHEATEN, (which looks like a White Scottie.) 10 years ago you could never find one since Wheaten is a huge recessive trait, but people love the fact you can see their little facial expressions easier so they have made a huge come back. Google wheaten Scottie Puppy.

*Going off to kiss my brindle-brown baby…….

45. “Use the word ‘ascot’ in a sentence.”
    “The boy tried to jump over the fence but he got his ascot.”

46. 260Oakley says:

Ascot is just another name for a butt bed.

47. Fird Birfle says:

Theresa — were you Teacher’s Pet in English Composishe,
    or did he/ she moan in agony when you came in each day??? :)

48. KittyMarthaPoo says:

Westies are freaking adorable. My in-laws have one, Scruffy. She is the happiest, liveliest dog ever. She is a total character & little diva dog. And her ears are like little antennas – they go up & down depending on if she hears something. They’re like radar.

49. This is Fergus. He is 100% westie and 100% mine :)

50. This is my doggie nephew, and he is indeed a WESTIE. Thanks for playing.