I Don’t Get It — This Worked in Dumbo

… and here’s the dashing pilot for Bunway Airlines, ready for takeoff… I’ll just check the wind speed (points with ear), before barreling down the runway!

NEEEAAAAARRRRWWWMMMM — (trip! oof!)

It’s a return visit from Truffles, courtesy Melissa B.

Comments

1. What a beautifully disgruntled pilot!

2. Mary (the first) says:

Yummmmy Truffles!

3. I bet the Air Traffic Controller bunny is REALLY disapproving right now.

4. Queen of Dork says:

That was hilarious, NTMTOM! :) Love the ear pointing!

5. Hah, this is very familiar… I love the way bunnies just *plop* down when they’re ready to chill. My bunny, Petunia, will be walking… will stop, then suddenly just be laying on her side. It’s not graceful but it’s adorable.

6. Alice Shortcake says:

Civil aviation authorities later blamed an overload of carrots in the storage hold.

7. Hope they found the black box.

8. Bunway Airlines Flight 456 to Albuquerque cancelled in favor of napping.

9. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if the bunny already ate it again…

10. Queen of Dork says:

And also because the buns nibbled all of the thingy-ma-bob control things in the cock pit.

11. I love it when bunnies flop down and sprawl. They excel at this particularly adorable move. Truffles is such a gorgeous bun!

12. Queen of Dork says:

As soon as I hit the post comment thing, I knew for sure I would be thrown bodily into the moderation lounge because I said something about the bunnies being in that part of the plane where the pilot and co-pilot sit and that area of the plane happens to have a name that also can be taken to mean an area in the middle regions of a male person. I really didn’t mean any harm whatsoever. *sigh* Could somebody please slip some sushi under the door? I’m kind of craving sushi.

13. poor thing

14. I hope it’s okay after its crash!

15. Alice Shortcake says:

*pokes sushi under door*

16. 260Oakley says:

I believe you mean the Hare Traffic Controller. ;)

17. You mean bunway.

18. Queen of Dork says:

NOM!! Thanks. :)

19. Here’s some sake to go with that sushi…

20. Queen of Dork says:

SLURP! (burp!) Excuse me. *wipes lips delicately with lace hanky*

21. Fird Birfle says:

Also cute & fuzzy Truffles!!!

22. Fird Birfle says:

Q, yew are funneh — and cute!!!! :)

23. Fird Birfle says:

Among other “allegedly” helpful ideas, I would like to suggest that Meg & co. consider establishing a sub-CO webpage with all-airplane or pilot storylines…. ….
    it seems there exist numerous CO addicts (such as moi) whose life stories include pilots and airplanes. …or enjoyment of several crucial sections of dialogue from the classic film “Airplane” ….

Plus the “vrrrrrrRRRRRRROOOOOOooooommmmm” … and
    “NEEEAAAAARRRRWWWMMMM” sound effects are REALLY fun to make ….

24. fish eye no miko says:

“I meant to do that….”

25. A deleted scene from the summer blockbuster “Air Force Bun”.

This seemed like a normal post. Then I decided to read “barreling down the runway!” in the voice of one of those 90s anime heroes (you know the kind). Made the whole post that much better.

26. Silly rabbit, those helicopter ears are clearly designed for vertical takeoff and landing.

27. BEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAuuuuuuutiful bun-bun on the run-run-way.

28. Ok, who will make the first Hare-ier Jump Jet joke? ME!

29. Insertclevernamehere says:

Chubby, squishy bun cheeks are the best! And look at that nubby landing gear!

30. that bunny actually does not look disapproving! wow!

31. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

It looks to me like pilot bunny fell asleep at the wheel.

32. kibblenibble says:

Why do they call that area of the plane that name that they call it anyway? I’m curious!

33. The seat backs also need to be in the full and upright position. Are we also waiting for the lemon scented paper napkins?

34. Isn’t THAT the truth!!

35. Must snorgle fuzzy, fluffy Truffles’ tummy! *smooch*

36. bunnaroni says:

Bun looks so tie-tie…hard to keep eyes open…

37. Har!

38. heehee

39. Too tie-tie to fly!

40. TrixandSam says:

Right wuyizidi! This is a Harrier, not just a Bun.

41. The first few times I caught my bunny lying like this, I thought he was ded!

42. Well, they shouldn’t make them look so delicious and shiny!

43. And taking off “sorta” from the Hare-port!

44. serenpoly says:

(If someone could drop off a couple of pastries to the mod lounge, please? I’m not partial to sushi… Thanks…)

Back in The Bad Old Days, when cock fighting was considered a “sport”, the venue for same was a box on the floor about 3 feet cubed, open at the top so that the “fans” could look down on the “action”, and the roosters couldn’t get away from each other very far. This meant that if you wanted the maximum number of people to see, the observation tiers had to be narrow and close to the “pit”. Everything in such a venue was small and cramped, and eventually the term ‘cock pit’ came to have the implication of small and cramped.

The pilot’s area of early aeroplanes _was_ generally small and cramped (and they’re not exactly spacious now; believe me, I know), hence the name.

45. earlybird1 says:

Ladles and jellybeans, we may be experiencing some minor turbulence. There is no cause for alarm.

46. {pushes a bag of chocolate croissants over the transom}

47. Walking E says:

Per the Hitchiker’s Guide to the Galaxy books, the secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Looks like Trufflles hasn’t quite figured this out yet. ;-)

48. omg i cant stand it! im adding a bunneh to my list of must haves in my personal zoo :D