Nibblin’ on the Ritz

There’s one snack I gobble all day
In a shack or in a chalet
St. Moritz
Nibblin’ on the Ritz

As a bet, there’s nothing safer
Than the threat I pose a wafer
In my mitts
Nibblin’ on the Ritz

Once I taste that cracker light and flaky
My eyes pop, my hands get tight and shaky

Come let’s nosh where tycoons risk it
Places posh with bits of biscuit
Gnawed to bits
Nibblin’ on the Ritz

Chrissy O. says: “This is Munchkin or Munchers. She’s my russian dwarf hamster. I just wanted to share these photos because they have made a lot of people smile. Hope they can do the same for you.”

1. Please allow me to introduce myself
    I’m a Ham of wealth and taste…

2. The minute you walked in the joint, I could tell you were a Ham of distinction, a real big spender; good-lookin’, so refined; wouldn’t you like to know what’s going on in my mind??

3. Tall girl says:

Genius song writing! Love love love it! I sang along out loud just to see if it fit… Didn’t miss a syllable! :) so fun. Favorite line… “in my mitts” ;)

4. Oh my gosh! I sang it too! And it’s perfect!! Sheer genius! My favorite line: “Wakey wakey.”

5. Mary (the first) says:

Me too, “Wakey wakey” make me LOL!! And I haven’t even had morning coffee yet! What a great way to start the day!!

6. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

He’s such a cute widdle furball! I hope he can finish the cracker….
    (Firsties! Yay!)

7. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Crud! Now there’s two more comments right as I post one. I is not first after all.

8. Mary (the first) says:

It’s never safe to think you’re first. They seem to sneak someone in ahead of you if you comment on first!

9. Guinea Peeg Lover says:

Okay, so the next time I think I’m the first one to comment, I should post my comment, and then if I AM first, I should post a reply that says something like, “Oh, yay, I’m the first person to comment.”

10. NTMTOM, you’ve been en fuego lately…

11. Fird Birfle says:

12. The Ritz Crackers people ought to pay you a boat-load of money to make this into a commercial, NTMTOM

13. I bow **genuflects deeply** before the lyrical genius that is NTMTOM! :-))
    This MUST be made into video a la “Bun Bun Bunny Bun.”
    I volunteer my dwarf hamsters to sing backup!

14. kibblenibble says:

Young Frankenstein version of this song is my fave…hope this link works, I’m linkage-challenged.

15. Werehamster?
    There, hamster. There, castle.

16. “Why are we talking like this?”

17. victoreia says:

That was exactly what I first heard in my head when I read the headline! :D I love “Young Frankenstein”!

18. That is one of my all time fav movies! And this is one of my all time fav fuzzballs. I just wanna cuddle the fuzziness.

19. 260Oakley says:

“They told me I’d have to sign a wafer if I wanted my picture on CO.”

20. Oops! I heard *eat* a wafer! ;-)

21. GREAT lyrics, NTMTOM! You’re en fuego for a Sunday!

22. (The Original) Mel says:

23. This is so adorable! OMG! Which rule of cuteness is this again? “You’re cute if an everyday object makes you look small.”

24. It was the first thing I thought of too!

BTW, who first thought of breeding dwarf hamsters? Aren’t they tiny enough already?

25. apparently mentioning “breeding” is enough to get you sent into timeout mod lounge

26. luvstehQte says:

*pushes nerdy glasses up on nose* Rule of Cuteness #14: If an everyday, small item makes you look small, it’s cute. *removes glasses*

27. kibblenibble says:

Hamsters have the best BEF!!

28. Thanks for the blitz of Ritz. Made my evening!

(Da kitties would like a slice of hammie, or maybe some ground squirrel, on a Ritz… just sayin’.)

29. Holy beady eye factor!

30. Brilliant! Usually I skip the long commentary before the photo as too long too juvenile, too sappy. But this was great! Two enthusiastic thumbs up!!!

31. kibblenibble says:

Ellen, I’d like to introduce you to NOMTOM. I don’t believe that you’ve met. :-)

32. victoreia says:

However, the line of potentials wives starts there ——–>
    The *end* of the line wraps around the next three blocks, at least……

33. Wait, I thought that was the line for the “Best of NOMTOM” coffee table book?

34. Yes and yes!

35. That, too. First the book, then the autograph, then the marriage proposal. :P :mrgreen:

36. Fird Birfle says:

@ victoreia: no, no, dear.
    THAT line over there, is actually for
    “potential SISTER wives” for Mike. I b’lieve that Mike has already “enraptured & captured” another female human, before us CO commenters even met ‘im ……..

37. Say it ain’t so!!! Well, if that is the case, I wish all happiness and humor to NTMTOM and SO and all future marriage proposals will be of a platonic nature! :)

38. Not that it should surprise anyone! NTMTOM IS a CATCH!! :D

39. (The Original) Mel says:

Everything noms better when it’s nommin’ on a Ritz.

40. I can’t take it! I just can’t take it!!! I have a brother named Mike also. And he makes up new and funny lyrics to songs, too! How clever you are, NTMTOM! I have tears in my eyes!

41. {Doffs top hat and bows deeply before NOMTOM’s brilliance}

42. Fabulousness served as always NTMTOM..
    Is it just me? Now i have an image stuck in my head of the tiny hammy in bling rapping Eminem style in a dark warehouse in Detroit..

In my mitts..
    nibbling on the Ritz..

let that anger and agony flow out man..!

43. Best song EVER!!!!!

44. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, NOMTOM, niiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Cute Ham on a cracker, too. NOMTOM, you are the Yo Yo Ma of captions. Smooth, beautiful, passionate and always fresh and witty to the max.

45. Fird Birfle says:

*Tap dances away from computer, using cane to tap out the song’s rhythm as I go*

46. Your rhymes sir, they make me want to bust a move. claps in awe.

47. Oh, great. Now I have that song in my head and a visual of a hamster in a top hat and cane. Gee, thanks. No, really, I mean it.

48. I had to sing it all the way through before I let myself scroll down and look at the picture. :D

49. me too :)
    and it was totally worth the wait!

50. earlybird1 says:

RULE NUMBER BILLION: if you are as small and round as a Ritz cracker with feets… it’s cute.

51. *applause* Way to go NOMTOM! :lol:

52. Walking E says:

Superb, NTMTOM. Absolutely superb!

53. Just wonderful — I put Fred Astaire on the youtubie and sang along with him. Crazy good! (Also love the Young Fronkenshteen version, but the all cracker version is fantastic!)

54. Absolutely the very best caption EVER! And some outstanding comments here too. Thanks for a whole lotta laughs! =D